The online racing simulator
Fantastic, Mikko. No cropping necessary, IMO.
Those Brands Hatch Cars :jawdrop::jawdrop:
More of my typical people stuff w/ the 50/1.2 Ai:

Missed the focus but I like the character...

...and one with the 35/1.4:

How you manage to make that blue color? Everytime I try to make something similar it fails
Split-toning. Highlights slightly red/yellow, shadows slightly blue.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :More of my typical people stuff w/ the 50/1.2 Ai:

That Ai f1.2 is pretty funky. The current largest aperture 50mm prime Nikkor AF-S f1.4 G is has a very hifi/clinical/modern look compared to that.

(She has troll make up on...)
Quote from spankmeyer :That Ai f1.2 is pretty funky. The current largest aperture 50mm prime Nikkor AF-S f1.4 G is has a very hifi/clinical/modern look compared to that.

(She has troll make up on...)

Yeah, a lot of the older fast aperture manual focus primes have very odd bokeh... the 28/2, 35/1.4, and 50/1.2 are probably the most obvious cases. The bokeh has been "refined" over the years but I find the older lenses have a lot more character (as useless and subjective a quality as that is...).

In addition to the psychedelic bokeh the 50/1.2 has really bad coma. Nikon made the 58/1.2 Noct-Nikkor specifically to correct this, and the result is a lens that costs $3,000 used. lolz.

It's kind of amazing how sharp mine is at 1.2, though it's obscured a bit by lowered contrast and some "blooming".
Some stuff from the weekend trip to village.

p.s., nice shot, Mikko.

pretty cute for a troll.
Some fishy shots from the 16/2.8 Ai-s:

I work here:

You CAN actually get some background/foreground separation with this thing!

Yours truly, making a goofy face...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some fishy shots from the 16/2.8 Ai-s:

That is a badass exposure. Killer colours too. :wow:

(Oh how I miss LFSforum smileys)
Thanks man. Had to manipulate the hell out of that one to even out the exposure but I think the work was worth it. Good thing the D700 RAWs have so much headroom.
damn you and your nice gear
From Sunday, in Madrid (MAD-rid, not Mad-RID) and Cerrillos, NM:

Las Conchas fire, still raging (25+ miles away from where I was standing):

(not scenic)
Ooh love those, Ben. Specially the cash machines or whatever the name is.

Here's a few from me. Humans, for a change:

Guise,

Advise required!

I have had a canon 500d now for almost 3 years and would like to change before I hit 10k shutter actuations. The camera has been well looked after and still performs flawlessly.

My only complaint is the crappy layout of the buttons, the rubbish noise at higher ISO's and general bordem.

What would you guys recommend I changed to? I need to stay with Canon as I have invested in some decent lenses.

Cheers!

Stu
Quote from DeadWolfBones :From Sunday, in Madrid (MAD-rid, not Mad-RID) and Cerrillos, NM:

What lenses were those? Your bag of magic/glass is bottomless!

Quote from de Souza :Here's a few from me. Humans, for a change:

May I ask what was your focus in this?

Quote from doyal :Guise,

Advise required!

I have had a canon 500d now for almost 3 years and would like to change before I hit 10k shutter actuations. The camera has been well looked after and still performs flawlessly.

My only complaint is the crappy layout of the buttons, the rubbish noise at higher ISO's and general bordem.

What would you guys recommend I changed to? I need to stay with Canon as I have invested in some decent lenses.

What's your budget?

Here's some live music to shoot down in the meantime:

Quote from spankmeyer :May I ask what was your focus in this?

Of course you may ask. The guy on the left? But then again I did regret not focusing on the girl. Guess I was too busy trying to not make her notice me pointing the lens at her...

As usual great stuff from yourself, by the way.
Quote from de Souza :Of course you may ask. The guy on the left? But then again I did regret not focusing on the girl. Guess I was too busy trying to not make her notice me pointing the lens at her...

As usual great stuff from yourself, by the way.

On it's own that is a tricky composition as the girl in the foreground is dead center, bright (eyes tend to focus first on the highest contrast or brightest point of the image) and not out of focus enough while the focused parts are pushed out of the frame.

You can get that kind of image to work but it's not easy. Good framing and guiding the viewer's eyes to the main subject like in this:

I see, thanks for that!

This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for when I post here. This thread made me go from a "never-cared-about-it" state to a "wow-I'm-starting-to like-this" state, but I really have no clue about the non-technical side of things.

Gonna remember that next time.
Quote from spankmeyer :What lenses were those? Your bag of magic/glass is bottomless!

In this case the magic is relatively cheap, too!

First shot: 25-50/4 Ai-s ($250)
Next six shots: 105/2.5 Ai ($100)
Last three shots: 180/2.8 Ai-s ED ($225)
A few more from the same trip:

Artsy stuff again.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG