The online racing simulator
Well I finally got into my own server by use the Microsoft loopback adapter.

That's the good news, while I'm in there it seems to have glitches. I was behind my mate when he all of a sudden took off like an aeroplane and went into the sky and back down again.

When I was in front he said I was driving through wall and disappearing and then coming back again.

Sounds like classic ping problems but he said I had a ping of 1, I assume because it's my server and he had a ping of 26.

We were using Skype to talk could this affect the game and would team speak or something simular better.
be aware of the invisible wall...

edit: not anymore - 0.9.2 is out

-fixed some trees
-added ambient sounds
-a more uniform 2d grass lighting
-fixed invisible wall (some rails near pit are drive-through now)
-closed a lot of gaps in the track
-other minor fixes
-removed shadowcasting from some trees for better fps
-small lines above trees will be fixed in next update
Just can't drive with that ugly asphalt.. Sticking with 0.7.0 until lasser scanned, or if snoopy reverts to the old one maybe
Little Fiat is awesome on the Ring, thought the laptime would be around 12 minute mark

Fiat 500 9:14.304
I am loving all these updates about the ring, but surely, everything you are talking about should of been tested before release

This is my concern with mods in AC..alot of content untested properly before release...release it in the wild and see what happens and then patch it again...and again....and again

The rate Snoopy is changing/upgrading things....I think I will wait for the word...final...LOL

Fordie
there isn't a final in a modders perspective
Quote from Fordman :I am loving all these updates about the ring, but surely, everything you are talking about should of been tested before release

This is my concern with mods in AC..alot of content untested properly before release...release it in the wild and see what happens and then patch it again...and again....and again

The rate Snoopy is changing/upgrading things....I think I will wait for the word...final...LOL

Fordie

Like all things AC, we are testing every little update
A modder does not have a testing group like the sim developers, and if they do, it surely isn't as many. Because of this, the community must be the "testers" sometimes. If a person doesn't want to deal with that, they should probably wait until the final product.

Of course, final product could end up being 1.01 or 1.02.
Just stumbled upon "realistic sunrise & sunset" mode, gotta say looking pretty neat.. Uses SweetFx.

Doge did a great job with v0.3
much win
*Realistic sunrise & sunset mod by Hachiroku_88PL with 68% saturation at 17:30pm + realistic smoke mode by DK6
Attached images
jjhhhpjpg.jpg
What is that? Btw what settings of "realistic sunrise and sunset" are you using, i used the ones from page 3 of the thread.
Someone commented that: "Same old and complicated editor which was in Netkar. "

Is this true?
This mod man..

I find the other guy's mod better, it's just tweaking ini's without sweetFX and it's not having any FPS impact AND it's looking a lot better to me. This is too plastic imo.
Just tested Donny....and wow....its awesome to say the least.

I will be putting a server up tonight, if anybody is interested

Fordie
Quote from Mysho :I find the other guy's mod better, it's just tweaking ini's without sweetFX and it's not having any FPS impact AND it's looking a lot better to me. This is too plastic imo.

Link?
Fordie @ Donny

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG