The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :you're not that interesting.

I am otherwise there wouldn't be such a big fuss about it. You must be tracked because you are not interesting! You know which population also was being tracked during 40-45?
Quote from Hyperactive :Fern bay is just filled with stupid chicanes. I could never get the fascination some people in lfs have with that track. Tbh I don't miss any of the lfs tracks. To me lfs tracks lack literally everything a nice race circuit has. The long kyoto track is kinda nice and as4 is mostly not horrible but for driving pleasure lfs tracks are just bad. For online racing the lfs tracks are fine because they are basically just as wide as they are long and being so easy to drive. But for sheer driving experience they are most just meh.

Like westhill. Is that even a race circuit? Blackwood? One long straight combined with totally forgettable 90 degree turns. Aston? If it was any wider you could hold land speed record runs there. How many of its turns are not flatout? Kyoto2? Rovals.. I can't remember the last time I even used that word. It was probably in iracing when they did not have enough proper race circuit for the road cars. And in lfs one of the best road courses is a roval. Kyoto3 is kinda nice but again there is that chicane. The rest of the track is very nice but overall any corner of suzuka beats any corner of kyoto.

/rant.

(where did that one come from?)

Pretty much this..
Quote from cargame.nl :I am otherwise there wouldn't be such a big fuss about it. You must be tracked because you are not interesting! You know which population also was being tracked during 40-45?

Your argument is so poor that you have to invoke Godwin's law.

Ridiculous. I think I would have more intelligent conversations with a metal post.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Your argument is so poor that you have to invoke Godwin's law.

Ridiculous. I think I would have more intelligent conversations with a metal post.

I was reading this "conversation" in dead silence but that last sentence just threw me off the line
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Your argument is so poor that you have to invoke Godwin's law.

I have exactly the same thoughts, in the future it might be the best if you ignore my posts, thanks for your cooperation.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Offline mode

Yup,perfect solution for all the problems. (except the thing,that you're disconnected from everything else you need too)

Leagues? I wonder how the league admining can work if there are no admin tools,neither also possibility to check replays. Of course the next update will solve all problems,as you can trust on updates being brought right like planned.
setting FFB strength to 107% instead of 101% in the profiler did surprisingly much regarding driving feel. Why's that?

btw, blisters here I come
Attached images
2014-05-24 12.58.55.jpg
Quote from ACCAkut :setting FFB strength to 107% instead of 101% in the profiler did surprisingly much regarding driving feel. Why's that?

Looks like you could use a pedicure.
Wow 0.6.2 is completely unplayble for me. Having enormous stutters every second..
Quote from Test Driver :but..... but..... tyre deformation!

AC has tyre deformation, it's just not graphical.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wow 0.6.2 is completely unplayble for me. Having enormous stutters every second..

You need GTX660 2Gb or better
Every other track and even 0.6.1 work very well. I love the guy's work but he could do some optimizing

If it comes to that point, do you think Phenom 965 and 4Gb of ram could remain so i just update the graphic card to that one?
This thread is gold.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Every other track and even 0.6.1 work very well. I love the guy's work but he could do some optimizing

If it comes to that point, do you think Phenom 965 and 4Gb of ram could remain so i just update the graphic card to that one?

Wouldn't hurt to upgrade CPU and RAM too, PC upgrading is like a car engine tuning, GPU is like a turbocharger, you don't get the best results upgrading only one component.
I'm using a laptop which produces a solid 60 FPS (Vsync) all across the 0.6.2 track so its more about settings then throwing hardware at it. 4xAA, 1xFAAA, shadows on low and no HDR is enough to give a satisfying graphical experience @Full HD. In my opinion.
I will not sacrifice HDR, it's just that much better imo. I'm hoping it's just the matter of no official mod tools, snoopy doesn't even test the track before releasing it..
Probably the official Nords would be much more optimised and so will the tracks with official mod tools..
Not in the mood of complete PC upgrade, too soon..
So I did some very (very) scientific input lag testing. Reading the forums people were suggesting either limiting the fps to 60 or 61 or using vsync. Other suggestion was to try to get above 120 or 200fps. My very very scientific method was to do burnouts with the ferrari 312. Less lag = less spins.

I did not notice any difference between 60fps or any other limits on or off. I tried 60fps with my current settings (I get at least 89fps in traffic (24 gt3 cars in imola on starting grid) and when driving alone I over 100fps easily). Felt no difference at all. Tried that with adding more graphics candy to bring the technically achievable upper fps limit closer to the 60fps limit. Felt no difference with the limit on. I was spinning out with full throttle launches.

Then I turned all graphics off and felt no difference with the limit on. Tried 60fps limit, then 61, then 72, then 133 and then 193. No difference. Then I turned the fps limit off. Felt maybe very little change with everything at lowest setting except aa and af both at 2. I get 229 with aa2 and af8 and 260 with aa2 and af2. If blindfolded I could not tell a difference between all those settings I tried. Well obviously not blindfolded, but you get my point. You may not see it or feel it but it is there because...

The strange is that despite me not feeling almost no differences at all I could control the burnout launches much easier when I was getting very high fps, like 260fps+. I could pretty reliably get full throttle launches (redlinining at 100% throttle and dropping it in 1st gear) and keep it under control. With either fps limited to any number or unlimited but lower fps it was practically impossible to get full throttle launches without spinning. I could literally not get one single launch without spinning.. Except when I was getting really high fps then it all became easy to get the launches without spinning. Same track, same car, same part of the track obviously.

When driving I felt no real difference, ffb was the same, car felt the same, lag felt the same but I could control the car better at high fps. The only difference I could really feel was the transitions from oversteer to neutral. When the rear starts to bite when coming out from powerslide or oversteer it was easier to control it.

Conclusion: Felt small difference and could control the car best with 260fps... Other settings had no effect. I'll try the vsync on next and I'd be really really surprised if with vsync I get best results...

The game doesn't even look that bad with everything off except some aa and af...
Quote from Boris Lozac :I will not sacrifice HDR, it's just that much better imo.

I get "blinded" on some parts of the track when HDR is on.. No visible road surface anymore just white (also with default tracks). I've heard others reporting this phenomenon too.

For some reason my video settings change by itself in between updates, 0xFSAA and HDR is switched back to on. After that I indeed experienced FPS drops so I am afraid it has something to do with HDR.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yep I don't need or want to share my contacts with people I don't know at all. Nothing to do with paranoia, just being careful. Things you share cannot be unshared.

Why would you care about people being able to see who is on your steam contacts list?
Quote from ACCAkut :setting FFB strength to 107% instead of 101% in the profiler did surprisingly much regarding driving feel. Why's that?

You need some LFS SimSocks...oh wait....a normal pair will do

Fordie

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG