The online racing simulator
I bought some DLC multiplayer maps for a games and found nobody played them and only the maps available in the main game. So I am thinking, if this mod nordschleife is free for all and the official one will be DLC, will that pretty much mean nobody will play the official one online?
Unless the official one is utter crap I can't see myself playing a half-finished Rf1 conversion (which the current best version is). No matter how you slice it, it's nowhere near the quality of the official tracks. It's still fun and challenging and I have no problem seeing past the shortcomings of the current version, but the "real deal" og the official track will surely be a whole lot better.
Would I want to miss out on a fully scanned Nords? Definiately not.
Quote from troy :Linux server is out: http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... ilable-for-testing.10093/

Remember to add SLEEP_TIME=1 in your server cfg, even with that it's still using 30% cpu time on my little linux box.

Anyway, got a freejoin server up and running, if anyone feels like testing.

Server: LFS at AC
Track: Ring 0.5 by snoopy

This man is a Genius.. Cannot wait to get home tomorrow

Thanks Troy....and have you cleared your messages yet as you inbox is full LOL

Fordie
Yes, I've noticed some lfs spam in my email regarding the full inbox.
Quote from englishlord :I bought some DLC multiplayer maps for a games and found nobody played them and only the maps available in the main game. So I am thinking, if this mod nordschleife is free for all and the official one will be DLC, will that pretty much mean nobody will play the official one online?

Everyone will pay for laser scanned Nordschleife. This a serious simulator and that's what makes it different from FPS games for children.

It's just the way it is. The player base is somehow more mature... I hope.
more mature? Did you join any public servers already? The steam thing really didn't help in gathering a mature crowd, there's plenty of spoiled kids driving in reverse or standing in the middle of the road.

But that should be solved once we get kick and ban buttons I guess.
Quote from troy :

Kegetys next task

Fordie
Not had a single wrecker online yet. Had a few less experienced drivers, and some lag contact, but nobody doing anything on purpose.
Quote from troy :more mature? Did you join any public servers already? The steam thing really didn't help in gathering a mature crowd, there's plenty of spoiled kids driving in reverse or standing in the middle of the road.

I don't have much time to race so far I did like 7 races on public servers and had pretty decent races, one was full 10 lap GT3 fight @ Imola I can't stop thinking about.

And couple of racedepartment closed races, but I can see I had some kind of luck and wreckers were not present.
I'd imagine the chances of getting a good server with no wreckers relies on the same principles in ac as it does in lfs. Don't pick servers with multiple different cars, try to avoid the most obvious offender cars (basically the most flamboyant road cars) and watch what is happening in practise. If cars are driving like crazy in quali and in practise they will not suddenly turn into sennas and prosts.. oh wait wrong metaphor... vettels and alonsos when the race comes.
How big is your install of AC? Mine has already 12.1 GB and I have only Nord installed right now.

I think it will eat half of my HDD with all great mods to be seen in this game.
Well I'm glad when I bought ssd I went with 250gb version instead of 125gb version
Is there anyone at troys server?
Quote from tiagox :A hot lap with the mclaren gt3 in version 0.5.0 of the track , 6:48.8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC3LWYkwUi8

Wow nice time Tiago, I just took Z4 GT3 for a spin, managed to get 7min flat, I konw the track for 99%, been driving there with roadcars only, need to recalibrate my brain for GT's such speed

This is the GT3 current record , (take out the GP track and you will get the time) ~6:22min http://www.bridgetogantry.com/ ... erburgring-vln-lap-record

This lap almost defies words. It shows just how a good driver and a good car can make even the Nürburgring Nordschleife look simple. This is Uwe Alzen in a BMW Z4 GT3, and it's batshit crazy fast. And I love it!
It's not the speed or the power that really amazes me though. It's the grip and the downforce. Sections where my mechanically inferior* Project E36 is jumping and twitching, the Z4 GT3 just flattens them with aerodynamic superiority. It pushes 500bhp into the tarmac with barely a wiggle or complaint. And the speeds at which takes corners like Flugplatz and Mutkurve? Beyond words. Lift off the gas, turn, re-apply. And do that at speeds about 100kmh faster than you or I could ever see.(c)BTG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JyFJ11_zMc - 2013 09 28 (date) 8:01,069 (laptime) 182,279 (average km/h) BMW Z4 GT3 - SP9 GT3 - Uwe Alzen - 2013 VLN 45. ADAC Barbarossapreis pole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... hleife_lap_times_(racing)
Quote from R34GTR :Is there anyone at troys server?

There's 5 or 6 of us I think, 9 laptimes have been posted.
Is the name of the server LFSers? Are you using the freejoin?
found it. Too bad the server is full and you have a race going.
That is someone else, mine is still LFS at AC with freejoin, no password since "normal" people can't join anyway.

edit: I will reboot the server soon, putting some other combo on.
Put something really slow so we can properly check the netcode

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG