The online racing simulator
Quote from boris lozac :could you atleast get rid of the practice? Would love to drive that but not sure i have that much time..

+1
ok, I'll redo it
remeber to rebook

Edit: Come to think of it, the qual is gonna be a clusterf**k. The track has the S/F about a minute from the pits, it counts that as a full lap... Oh well.
That sucks, now Flame lost his slot he booked earlier...
Yeah, sorry about that.... This track needs many, many more pitboxes.. 8 drivers gonna be lonely in the end
:-)
:banghead:
I've asked snoopy for more pitboxes. When we get it I'll leave the server open. :-)
In other news, looks like Kegetys found a way around the "pre booking" with some modifications anybody can join a server no matter what session is on.
Quote from troy :In other news, looks like Kegetys found a way around the "pre booking" with some modifications anybody can join a server no matter what session is on.

Now Christmas has come Early

Fordie
Quote from troy :In other news, looks like Kegetys found a way around the "pre booking" with some modifications anybody can join a server no matter what session is on.

Kegetys always finds a way around stuff, I just don't know how. That dude is a genius.
Race is about to begin.
Quote from Kristi :Kegetys always finds a way around stuff, I just don't know how. That dude is a genius.

I know, and cannot wait for the release

Fordie
I'm at 'E30 DTM Clean, fair, close racing' if any wants to join me

edit: maybe not..wouldn't let me join
MP4-12C GT3 and BMW Z4 GT3 @Silverstone GP

Booking starts now
Practice 31 minutes (60 minutes from now)
Qualifying 10 minutes
Race 8 laps (gridding time 45 sec)

Server name : NDR TS Racing
Password : maldonado
Max Clients : 16
Welp, was a good race with really clean racing from what I could see. Failed while ahead of Troy, simply from concentration loss.
Quote from PMD9409 :Welp, was a good race with really clean racing from what I could see. Failed while ahead of Troy, simply from concentration loss.

Yeah great fun at Atledreier's Nordy host in the e30, couple of incidents caused by the damn penalty system spoiled it a little, but following Mr Dreier for the entire first lap proved to me there is hope for AC multiplayer after all.

I did the same as you, got into second and just at the point where I needed to get my head down to close in on the leader I ran slightly wide and got myself a penalty, plus a tankslapper because the power is killed, dropped the spot I'd spent a lap trying to take and never really got going again after that.
Edit: Aha, Diaz, I believe you must have picked up a penalty in the section before mini-carousel which caused you to slow mid-corner at the end of the last lap?
Damn it. When trying the tech preview I had so much fun I got aneurysm and broke my monitor after throwing money at my screen.

At least now I get to see what my skins look like in-game

You people who have made skins for ac have you messed with the bump maps? I'm using gimp and I'm wondering what and how should I save the bump map dds so it shows correctly in-game?
Quote from Hyperactive :
You people who have made skins for ac have you messed with the bump maps? I'm using gimp and I'm wondering what and how should I save the bump map dds so it shows correctly in-game?

There seems to be a problem with skins created with CS as in layers. If layers are created they don't show in Gimp or PSP even if you use the PSD files.

I have found this as a really nice gentlemen created T7R skins for me, and because he used layers etc etc, you cannot view them in anything else but CS.

I hope that explains it, to the best of my ability

From what I know, you need the PSD files to then create a DDS file, as its the DDS file that works with AC. Like I said, I am no expert, that is just what I have been told

Fordie
Quote from sinbad :Aha, Diaz, I believe you must have picked up a penalty in the section before mini-carousel which caused you to slow mid-corner at the end of the last lap?

Yep, pushed too hard trying to keep you behind me, and ended up grabbing a slow down. I saw you go around behind me, but I didn't feel/hear any contact. I assume there was some however, which would be my fault.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yep, pushed too hard trying to keep you behind me, and ended up grabbing a slow down. I saw you go around behind me, but I didn't feel/hear any contact. I assume there was some however, which would be my fault.

Yes I did bump you, but not your fault at all, you did the only thing you could do, I should have noticed you'd gone off far enough to get the penalty, but it just didn't occur to me till it was too late
No penalty system next time plox k thx, it's not like we have people constantly cutting everywhere in LFS since we don't have the system here. I've got no idea why this should be turned on at all, especially while the server is passworded.
Quote from kars19 :v0.4.2 is out download

-reduced mesh splitting between road/curbs and grass. Still some left, but not affecting gameplay.
-ffb vibration on grass
-fixed mapping of curbs in many places
-filled gaps in the pit area, still many left
-the trees in the pit area have alpha shadows

I tested v0.4.1 in MP with some known dudes form AC forum in private server and it worked flawlessly, you can set up racing for 9 people atm, hope Hi adds more slots in future.

Quota Exceeded, i don't suppose anyone has another link for this?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG