The online racing simulator
v0.4.2 is out download

-reduced mesh splitting between road/curbs and grass. Still some left, but not affecting gameplay.
-ffb vibration on grass
-fixed mapping of curbs in many places
-filled gaps in the pit area, still many left
-the trees in the pit area have alpha shadows

I tested v0.4.1 in MP with some known dudes form AC forum in private server and it worked flawlessly, you can set up racing for 9 people atm, hope Hi adds more slots in future.
Fun stream to watch troy! "Too bad" you're so quick on qualifying so basicaly we don't get much wheel to wheel action.

You should qualify a few positions lower on purpose

Quote from troy :And no I didn't spin anywhere, thats all lies!

Just twice
Quote from Boris Lozac :The latest version by snoopy is amazing, Nordschleife baby! Completely forgot the layout though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRMouecqdTU

That was some nice driving there Boris..but....really, 8mins per lap and also you looked like you was driving on egg shells ( UK saying as is in Tippy toe ) and you call that a pleasure??

Each to their own I suppose, but for racing, I could not think of anything worse. No wonder this is purely a test track now and F1 gave it up years ago, but give the guy credit...it does look good

Fordie
Can't wait to try the most up to date version of the Ring with the DTM M3, that guy works so quick
Quote from Fordman :That was some nice driving there Boris..but....really, 8mins per lap and also you looked like you was driving on egg shells ( UK saying as is in Tippy toe ) and you call that a pleasure??

Looks like Boris just don't know the track properly, and Hi is driving like he owns that Ferrari

Quote from Fordman :
Each to their own I suppose, but for racing, I could not think of anything worse. No wonder this is purely a test track now and F1 gave it up years ago, but give the guy credit...it does look good

They gave up because they simply didn't want to die there, not because racing wasn't interesting, o hell it was

You can race there, if you found some one with same skillz and track knowledge, just watch some VLN action
put my server back on if anybody fancies a go.

Name: lfs at ac
Pass: lfsatac

We'll change cars/tracks every now and then.
Quote from R34GTR :Can't wait to try the most up to date version of the Ring with the DTM M3, that guy works so quick

We just did race there with DTM m3, was a blast to say the least make sure the gear ratios is set to 270km/h, soften up the suspension and arb's a bit, lower the wings, drop the pressure on mediums, tweak the diff to your liking and enjoy.
*be warned this car likes to get a bit airborne at Planzgarten 1/2
The unforgiving LFS forum, every lap has to be a wr eh Havent drove the Ring for three years..
0.4.2 snoopy is great, big improvements! Really enjoyable now.
My gaming rig is unavailable at the moment. How many pit slots does this version have?

I'm setting up an ACSGT race on the ring tonight, need to know how many slots I should set up.

Feel free to join if you are up for it.

M3 E30 standard edition starting around 8pm CET. The race will be about a tank's worth of laps, not sure yet how many laps you can go without refuelling the E30 on road tires.
I'm guessing tire management will be an issue toward the end... :-)
8 slots on version 0.4.1
Quote from englishlord :Nobody's taking Niki Lauda's car round there?

I did yesterday. will do again today for video :P
Loooong race at 8pm CET

Name: ACSGT Nordschleife (Snoopy 0.4.2)
Password: the40s
Car: BMW M3 E30 (standard)
Durations:
30 minute practice
30 minute qual
6 laps
Quote from Matrixi :0.4.2 snoopy is great, big improvements! Really enjoyable now.

O yes. 8:44 with e30 and 8:01 with F40 (some traffic). The laps that I didn't crash.
Who's hosting tonight?? Anybody

Fordie
I am,but not in AC,just in the old and very uncool sim with proper online mode.
Few posts up, I'm hosting a long race at Nordschleife in the standard E30. 25 minutes to booking ends.
Quote from Eclipsed :I am,but not in AC,just in the old and very uncool sim with proper online mode.

LOL Eclipsed...I know what you mean, but I go away tomorrow for 3 days working, so just wanted to get a last race or 2 in

Fordie
Quote from atledreier :Few posts up, I'm hosting a long race at Nordschleife in the standard E30. 25 minutes to booking ends.

Yeah I saw that, but I am avoiding that circuit...just doesn't float my boat

Fordie
Quote from atledreier :Few posts up, I'm hosting a long race at Nordschleife in the standard E30. 25 minutes to booking ends.

Good

Could you atleast get rid of the practice? Would love to drive that but not sure i have that much time..
Gonna lose some people that already booked then....

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG