The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is this the Nord you guys are talking about? Normal behavior this 'water' or whatever it is?

I am sorry to ask Boris, but with those sort of texture's showing, how the hell can you drive that If they showed up on mine, I would think I have a GFX card over heating problem LOL

I know I have mentioned/tested another WIP - Mallory Park, but least with this, I know where the circuit is

Now before somebody jumps on me saying its WIP....I know it is, like I said before, but please...make it drivable at least without random triangles showing up left right and well...big holes in the centre LOL

Fordie
Cheers.. i thought it's a complete rip of some other sim so it has graphiti and all, but this will do too i guess, just without the wierd artifacts

But why do i have this wierd feeling that multiplayer will not improve to the standard we all hope for.
I mean for the first build they thought the booking would be a great start, server to restart after each race, that you can't complete a quali lap when the timer counts out, that you get the results table across the screen when the first guy crosses the line even if you're still racing..
I don't know man..
Anybody hosting tonight?

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :Cheers.. i thought it's a complete rip of some other sim so it has graphiti and all, but this will do too i guess, just without the wierd artifacts

But why do i have this wierd feeling that multiplayer will not improve to the standard we all hope for.
I mean for the first build they thought the booking would be a great start, server to restart after each race, that you can't complete a quali lap when the timer counts out, that you get the results table across the screen when the first guy crosses the line even if you're still racing..
I don't know man..

I agree, the "leave a server to rejoin" is just anal IMHO, but the table screen/race finished with 1st driver cross's the line, is a server setup issue. I have seen the settings and I would set the End Race for 2mins. That way everybody gets to finish, I mean if don't finish a lap within 2mins behind the lead car, lapped or not, then you really shouldn't be driving ROFL

Fordie
I take it nobody is hosting tonight then...so I will give it a bash.

Server will be up in 30mins, lets say 7:45pm UK time

I will shorten the booking to 3 mins, and also the practice to 8mins ( should at least give you 4 laps ) and also Qual to 8mins, again give you 4 laps...race I will set to 7 laps, nothing major....just as a test.

I will only open 16 slots, as I don't know how my connection will handle AC ( although I could have 25+ easily on LFS )

Server will be called T7R Server
Password = triple7

Unless somebody else is hosting

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I am sorry to ask Boris, but with those sort of texture's showing, how the hell can you drive that

There are a lot of textures and objects not yet present in that rework (afaik this conversion is based on a scratch-made 'Ring, no conversion of any commecial 'Ring version). As there is a lot of work involved the modder focused on the track surface first, reworking every little triangle
Now that the track itself works he will start on the rest (its pretty driveable, even with Formula cars, but for gods sake stay on the tarmac, or you may fall for all eternity )
Quote from ACCAkut :..modder focused on the track surface first, reworking every little triangle

And that's why it feels so nice to drive on, compared to those quick low rez rFactor ripoffs
Quote from ACCAkut :There are a lot of textures and objects not yet present in that rework (afaik this conversion is based on a scratch-made 'Ring, no conversion of any commecial 'Ring version). As there is a lot of work involved the modder focused on the track surface first, reworking every little triangle
Now that the track itself works he will start on the rest (its pretty driveable, even with Formula cars, but for gods sake stay on the tarmac, or you may fall for all eternity )

I would rather wait, as I know my driving...and I hate being in eternity LOL

Fordie
Slipstreamer's event booking ends in like 5 min. Exos @ Nurb. gp. pw = senna just filter Slip for the server name
Troy you not hosting tonight?

Fordie
im hosting tonight..
Post the server and time..
Race Server- Every 30 Mins

no password atm.
qual was fun there,first 6 racer 3 tents from eachother,but than race was fuked
And now there's no more server.. Ffs
Finally completed my first race (never had time to finish race before, every other race I've got wrecked). 5 laps of Imola in bmw e30's. Was 4th most of the race, then got to 3rd 2nd to last lap then last lap little too wide somewhere and I get the penalty and drop to 5th . Oh well.

The slightest taps still completely destroy my car and the other people's cars turn very oddly in to corners even if they have low ping.. Too used to LFS netcode.
that rly fkin annoys me,after race game is like gtfo now. how about no? i want to keep racing the same combo?!
Quote from R3DMAN :Race Server- Every 30 Mins

no password atm.

what's the server name??

Fordie
Quote from fatalunfair :
and the other people's car's turn very oddly in to corners even if they have low ping..

Very annoying that one, hope they improve the netcode, this is not acceptable in 2014
Quote from kars19 :Very annoying that one, hope they improve the netcode, this is not acceptable in 2014

I also noted that nobody hit me from behind at one point, 50m behind me with under 100 ping and I suddenly got 50kmh boost and just went off the track.. no damage to my car or anything, was really weird.
race was a shambles.. i was looking at my setup screen and just heard everyone set off, i started facing backwards lol
Couldn't get the server running on my linux box with wine, and can't be bothered to host it on my connection every day. I'll probably do a passworded race evening for lfs'ers again tomorrow if everything works out.

I just wish things would be easier for hosters and players, Kunos hasn't learned a single bit (or just doesn't think it needs priority) from the online disaster that was netkar. I do think however that the release is rushed, they certainly where not ready last week, so with a bit of luck in a couple of weeks we may see some big steps towards something that actually works for public racing.
Quote from Boris Lozac :And now there's no more server.. Ffs

had to shut it down, but i can re-open it if you want to rotate the tracks, you will just have to tell me which cars you want.
Quote from troy :with a bit of luck in a couple of weeks we may see some big steps towards something that actually works for public racing.

I wonder where you get that optimism,considering what you think about their previous product and how similar this one is.
ok ive put it back up

server is called "Race Server- Every 30 Mins" no password and the 4 GT3 cars.

it will automatically rotate between 6 tracks.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG