The online racing simulator
I have my gain set pretty low now. Not a fan of a strong wheel that I have to be fighting all the time.
Quote from jrd.racer :I have my gain set pretty low now. Not a fan of a strong wheel that I have to be fighting all the time.

You wouldn't be very good real race driver...
Quote from Mysho :You wouldn't be very good real race driver...

Not all race cars, especially these days, are like those old vids we've all seen of Senna's hand getting flung around in the McLaren
I've put some damping in it too. (13 in profiler, or else none would work in game and 8 in game) = G27. The wheel is going bizzerk without any when tank slapper and so I've put a few percents of filter too. Happens to help Prosting (driving more realistically) quite a little bit out there.

kerb effects.. 0 and still the wheel rattles like an old dog on rumble strips. I hope they fix this in one of the patches, it's quite annoying at times to others in living space. And it would be really a drag to open the wheel and modify it.

And yes 50-80% ffb is just the pleasurable range in AC. Something like a 18-25 in LFS. What matters is running a 100 in profiler.
The FFB is pretty much buggy there. Yesterday was trying out the new car (you know,that Pagani Huabalaya thing) in Valelunga,after one mistake I ended up stopping with front on track and rear in grass and the FFB went bizerk with rattling all the time until I moved the car,even if the car was in standstill at that point (managed to do it again on different track part semi-intentionally). CBA to register to AC forums and write a bug report,if someone has noticed similar thing,write there!
(For the record - I use DFGT with the fake effects turned off)
Physics don't work normally at < 3kph, and it's intended like that for now. Don't stop = problem solved.
My DFGT rattles like mad while the car is stationary aswell, can't get it to work right. If I turn up filtering/damping so that that rattling stops the feel while driving becomes bland.

Plus does the Hyuara have ridiculous high gears? Just from the garage screen, both 6th and 7th top out way beyond 400kph.
Quote from Eclipsed :The FFB is pretty much buggy there. Yesterday was trying out the new car (you know,that Pagani Huabalaya thing) in Valelunga,after one mistake I ended up stopping with front on track and rear in grass and the FFB went bizerk with rattling all the time until I moved the car,even if the car was in standstill at that point (managed to do it again on different track part semi-intentionally). CBA to register to AC forums and write a bug report,if someone has noticed similar thing,write there!
(For the record - I use DFGT with the fake effects turned off)

I'm not a AC fanboy but, no.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Physics don't work normally at < 3kph

Doesn't that indicate some general flaws in physics model?
It appears to be a regularization (or lack thereof) problem for some speed-dependent optimization, not a fundamental flaw in the model itself.

Edit: Just my uneducated guess though.
It seems to be a fairly common problem with games having trouble with very low speed/stationary physics. Look at how much iRacing cars rattled and wobbled when sitting in the pits, and it's the same in AC. As long as everything feels fine once you're moving it's a non issue.
But it will be nice if they fixed it, along with the ability to stall the car.
Quote from Eclipsed :Doesn't that indicate some general flaws in physics model?

kinda
a lot speeds with a curve based system youre basically doing a divide by zero in your fomulae which results in all sorts of werid behaviours
solution dont stand still
very nice drifting KARS, especially in to T1
Wish i find any fascination with drifting :/ Great video though!
thx took me multiple tries to get the T1 just as I wanted.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wish i find any fascination with drifting :/

fascination...yeah, dont get it either. but since i got a 900° wheel + clutch + h-shifter now, i can at least imagine the driving skills needed to drift around like that (taking that kristaps is using 900°, clutch + h-shifter).
drifting around with my old 240° momo and only 2 pedals was way easier and i was always wondering: why are they making vids of driving slow? everyone can do it like that?
but now...at least i cant do it like that anymore.
Quote :As you might know, in our recent poll we asked which car brands you would like to get in Assetto Corsa in future: we did it with the aim to drive our investment decisions in the right way. One of the most voted brands was RUF Automobile: so, we are really glad to announce that three RUF Automobile car models have been officially licensed for the racing game Assetto Corsa! More details will be revealed in future: meanwhile, enjoy the first wip images related to the development of the awesome CTR Yellowbird, one of the most wanted RUF cars.

https://www.facebook.com/media ... 05504559475869&type=1
bey bey to iRacing forever for me
As long as 1.1 is not S3, who cares about version numbers.
Define finished.

iR has no rain, finish a game before release pls.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG