The online racing simulator
Hm could be, but it's the exact same issue as mine and calibration fixes it..
Mouse driving feel between LFS and AC
Hello,

I was just wondering whether those that use mouse for steering in simracing have noticed this, or it could just be me. Apologies in that case.

First of, LFS is awesome to say the least. I've enjoyed this sim for many years (still do), but since I have only steered with the mouse thus far, I don't know how the cars feel on the wheel (I've read people, here, saying LFS' feel on the wheel is second to none).

So, I tried AC with its inbuilt mouse steering, and I have to say that the cars feel much more realistic on the mouse as far as sensations of weight shifts and forces acting on chasis and wheels are concerned. On LFS, the inbuilt mouse steering feels as if the cars have no weights. It's almost as if the cars were attached to a single, stiff suspension on one tire. Maybe, this has got to do with center reduction set to 0; I don't know.

There is some lag with AC's mouse input, though it got much lower for me when I disabled car surface reflections. The resulting feel was really great, though. I'm specifically talking about situations where you just about make a turn at high speed, thereby putting a lot of stress on one side of the tires and feel the weight of the car bouncing and oscillating on the tires so stressed as a result. On LFS, similar situations only give me very mild sensations of the same (more like intuitive).

Is this just me, or do you guys feel the same. Again, it's for those who use mouse for steering input. I suppose the proposed update of tire physics on LFS would address this. Maybe not. I don't know. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I use mouse and keyboard, but not the internal way. I'm still using PPJoy and GlovePIE to emulate a wheel and pedals. No input lag, able to have much finer control over pedal actions. No problem in that regard. If anything, weight transfer in LFS feels more sluggish, on road tyres anyway. Assetto Corsa is a bit strange in that some tracks cause constant micro-oscillation everywhere on track, and some don't. I don't get the impression it's to do with tyre physics.
I can't really compare LFS and AC mouse steering as LFS has far more superior support for mouse drivers with all kind of different settings etc. But, from the settings available now AC feels pretty nice to me (even though the center feels too sensitive and there are sometimes some input lag issues). So, at the moment I am hoping for more mouse options for AC so I could understand better how it feels.
Yes, LFS' mouse support is very good. Perhaps, that's why I felt the way I did. AC is still raw on that front. True, it needs more mouse support. Let's see how things turn out. Thanks for you feedback, notanillusion and Imudilaskyline.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Have done that. Quick google points to faulty hardware. Wheel was purchased brand new in December so warranty should sort it.

Happened to me after 2 months. I had to open the wheel and re-fixate the centering sensor (localized in front of the left FFB motor). There is a forum post with pictures on how to do. In the end, you either a) tighten the screw (this fixed for me) or in extreme cases where the sensor wheel is broken b) make/buy the part. you can buy t online too (the sensor wheel, i mean).
We don't even have independent sensitivity and raw input in LFS mouse steering...
Well I had a brief stint last night, it's not bad although I wasted most of my time setting up the G25.
First drive the paddle shifters didn't work, second time and for the best part of it no reel feedback from the wheel. After much forum reading I got things to work and got a couple of time trials in.
My night ended when I went to drive the old Lotus Type 49 and the paddles didn't work again.
I have always had issues with PC racers and setting up the wheel, none of them seem to work right from the start.
Anyway good first impressions and if I've missed something with the Lotus can someone let me know.
Well,that's a huge minus of AC - you cannot set up anything on the fly,as the menus and drive mode are on seperate processes. All the exiting,setting and loading is really annoying and time consuming.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... ease-of-use-in-game.5768/

Make yourself heard then, I've posted this in the bugs section because I really think it is a major shortcoming of the kunos engine dating back to netkar. But it seems like we're lonely in that matter, it got moved first of all and not many people seem to care enough.
Must be hardware dependent, with the G27 it has literally been plug and play for me. Just went in one time to turn off the curb effects.
Quote from troy :http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... ease-of-use-in-game.5768/

Make yourself heard then, I've posted this in the bugs section because I really think it is a major shortcoming of the kunos engine dating back to netkar. But it seems like we're lonely in that matter, it got moved first of all and not many people seem to care enough.

Cheers for that thread..missed it fist time round. I've had a good moan now
Thats exactly why I initially posted it in the bugs section Moose, it's so easy to miss it in the suggestion part. I was hoping it would be recognized to be more then that, but it sadly wasn't the case.

Thanks for the posts though, it's good to have it on the first page for a couple of hours/days. Maybe we'll find more followers and the importance of a nicely structured in game menu gets a bit more weight, it was always one of the areas where Kunos seemed to struggle. Back in netkar we had a huge mess of ini files already (some of them existing twice or more in different paths) with settings hidden in them that should really be somewhere easily accessible and it looks like that trend is continuing with Assetto.

If everything fails there is still the community to come up with fixes that may or may not work just as well.
Some one stop that cutting...
What cutting...?
I guess the T1, but as long as the system allows it (and both, AC and RSR too) then use it. I'm using it mostof the time aswell, because the car is more stable going through that part of the track, than hitting the curbs.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Well I had a brief stint last night, it's not bad although I wasted most of my time setting up the G25.
First drive the paddle shifters didn't work, second time and for the best part of it no reel feedback from the wheel. After much forum reading I got things to work and got a couple of time trials in.
My night ended when I went to drive the old Lotus Type 49 and the paddles didn't work again.
I have always had issues with PC racers and setting up the wheel, none of them seem to work right from the start.
Anyway good first impressions and if I've missed something with the Lotus can someone let me know.

Not trying to be condescending or anything but sometimes the solution can be quite simple. Did you try to use the shifter instead of the paddles in the Lotus 49? When using a shifter AC reflects what type of shifting is used in real life so if the paddles are used in the real car, you'll use them on your wheel as well and vice versa.
If you don't want to use the shifter I believe you need to specifically select to use paddles instead/not use the H-shifter (can't remember the exact settings).

I've actually not had any issues setting my G25 up in AC and I've done it a couple of times as I've reinstalled my computer. I haven't noticed any issues except for the FFB tweaking which, as stated above, is a bit of a pain as you need to exit to the menus, make the changes, reload car and track etc. But when it's done, it's done
Quote from Bosse :Not trying to be condescending or anything but sometimes the solution can be quite simple. Did you try to use the shifter instead of the paddles in the Lotus 49? When using a shifter AC reflects what type of shifting is used in real life so if the paddles are used in the real car, you'll use them on your wheel as well and vice versa.
If you don't want to use the shifter I believe you need to specifically select to use paddles instead/not use the H-shifter (can't remember the exact settings).

I've actually not had any issues setting my G25 up in AC and I've done it a couple of times as I've reinstalled my computer. I haven't noticed any issues except for the FFB tweaking which, as stated above, is a bit of a pain as you need to exit to the menus, make the changes, reload car and track etc. But when it's done, it's done

Since there has been no progress in LFS I moved over to GT5 and GT6 which the wheel is just plug and play. Back on the PC I'd forgot about the Logitech wingman settings and how they went and also I didn't setup the shifter as in GT I'm lazy and use the paddles. Thanks for the info and I'll work on it further.
Some news about multiplayer

Google translation of this...

Quote :At the awards ceremony at the Golden Dragon Award organized dall'Aesvi, the trade association of the gaming industry in Italy, Assetto Corsa has received the award for best technical achievement. To withdraw was obviously Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulations, with whom we have had occasion to speak, gathering important information.

Marco has revealed that the 1.0 version, including multiplayer, in Assetto Corsa will become available during the month of April. He said the group is making good progress with the netcode and multiplayer Assetto Corsa will be strictly based on dedicated servers, as also that of netKar Pro, the previous production Kunos.

In addition, Mark has not excluded that in the future Assetto Corsa can get on the next-gen consoles, indeed revealed to us in that preview Kunos is exploring the possibility of making a port on PS4 and Xbox One of his acclaimed racing simulation. Not before finalizing the best PC version, of course.

Kunos Simulations is an independent team in all respects, made up of professionals driven by the same passion about everything related to the world of automobiles. For this Kunos has no external financing, while all licenses (including extremely famous brands such as Ferrari, BMW, Lotus, Pagani, McLaren and circuits such as Nurburgring Nordschleife, Spa-Francorchamps, Imola, Monza) are acquired with autonomous financing.

"We make racing games just for the pleasure of doing good driving games," he said Massarutto the awards ceremony of the Golden Dragon. "Even if there was a big producer interested in acquiring the brand Assetto Corsa, we would be proud of what we have done to make Assetto Corsa so good."

Recently Kunos has secured the license for the Corvette , thanks to which you will add two new vehicles to the line-up already made ​​official, C7 Corvette Stingray 2014 Corvette C7.r (the latter later in a DLC for a fee). He did so after realizing that his driving simulation has a large international following, transcending the boundaries now in a clear national or European.

So I'm afraid another 2 weeks of wait until multiplayer, at least? Damn
time to show off my skillzors
I have departed with US$1081 and change on components for a new PC so that I may be able to use this piece of software.

God halp all those in AC

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG