The online racing simulator
Quote from Gutholz :The finnished DD2 skins are here in middle of thread:
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=46778&page=6

Indeed the DD2 skins are very nice but I've always liked the DD1 skins a little better. I was hoping we could have a complete skinpack for them. Would anyone know how Disposable did them? Did he just re-vector them based on the old PS1 game textures?
Judging from what the skins look from the previews, the decals on the car are pasted on the XRT and then reworked in order to make it a bit more high-res.

Quote from Disposable :Like Jon606 wrote, the most complicated/detailed graphics are taken from the game and then enhanced, not to look so pixelated or even blurry. Sounds pretty easy, but even like that it's a pain to make such low res textures look right on a XRT! But for example, the Trashman number 7 was created from scratch. I have hundreds of fonts on my pc to choose from, but they never exactly match the original Destruction Derby design. So most of the times i end up creating custom fonts from scratch, or heavily editing the closest ones to DD style i find, until it looks as close as possible to the original. Like in the case of Psycho skin. That font doesn't exist anywhere else.

Check out the attached picture to see what i mean.

Quote from nikopdr :Judging from what the skins look from the previews, the decals on the car are pasted on the XRT and then reworked in
order to make it a bit more high-res.

I think I'll give it a go... I have an artist friend who can possibly help recreate some of the artwork, but first I'll need to figure out how to rip the car skins from the original game

Thanks Niko
That's some very nice stuff right there

DD1 skins would also look nice indeed. :P

Destruction Derby 1 Skins
(355 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG