The online racing simulator
Sorry for not posting any news lately, but i've been pretty busy in the last few days. As you can imagine, bringing these skins to high resolution, is not an easy task. Most of dd1 textures are 100x50 pixels and then i have to convert and adjust them to 1024x1024 pixels, which is a pain. But dont worry, because i love working on those. I just need a bit more free time on my own to get these skins coming!

I atached some examples of what the original textures look like, all the way from the begining, to the final work.
In the first image you're viewing DD1 original texture size.
Second picture shows the original texture, resized to fit the size of the actual skin.
The last texture shows the result after some hours of work.
As you see, its a bit of a pain just to make it look good, but i'll do my best.
Attached images
Reaper textures.jpg
Damn nice mate, I really looking forward for the DD1 pack, and with time DD2
I love your work mate.
Excellent skins Joni - I'm sure the skinpack will be awesome!
On the topic of DD skins: I don't like how Psygnosis did all those brilliant paintjobs in the first game then decided to go to a standard two colour with a number job for DD2.
Actually I liked the DD2 skins a lot, even if they were not on pair with DD1
Man, is the company that created those games stilla active, I vote on them to make a new DD game
Finally had some time to finish DD2 skins.
Attached images
DD2 car list.jpg
DD2 front.jpg
DD2 side.jpg
DD2 rear.jpg
XRT_DD2Rookie.jpg
XRT_DD2Amateur.jpg
XRT_DD2Pro.jpg
That's freaking awesome! I love your work, and they seems to suit perfectly on the XRT

Do you still have the will and time to continue with the whole DD2 / 1 skin pack, or is that just too much work?
I'll see what i can do.
Good enough for me
How about the dangerous Learner Driver?!
Attached images
learner driver.jpg
The optician...
Attached images
optician.jpg
Niiiice! I love them, I compared 'em to the DD2 I have on the computer, the skins are damn accurate compared to the orginal skins - just a lot better resolution. Your doing great man, this skinpack will rock, and I personally will upload every skin to LFSworld for ya when done
#66 Beast...
Attached images
beast.jpg
Beauty
It looks exactly the same as in DD. Good thing I guess is that the car shape ain't that different from DD, but problem is to optimize the quality
Your a hero!!!!!
hehe these would be good banger skins
Quote from Disposable :How about the dangerous Learner Driver?!

i'd really like to see the little logos on these cars aswell, like the little L plate for this car for example

keep it up!
Quote from Gavin UK :i'd really like to see the little logos on these cars aswell, like the little L plate for this car for example

keep it up!

That one is from DD2 skinpack. I'll post some pics from the DD1 skinpack aswel, later on. Including the Learner Driver one with the L plate on!
Quote from Disposable :That one is from DD2 skinpack. I'll post some pics from the DD1 skinpack aswel, later on. Including the Learner Driver one with the L plate on!

Your the man!
DD1 Learner driver
Attached images
LearnerDriver.jpg
Haha, great
I love the way you keep the rusty, but still clean look on the skins. Hard to describe, but faithfull to the original skin, aswell as improving it / optimize it for LFS
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic job ! I really love DD2, that was one of the first game I bought in my life, and I still play it sometimes ! So as you can imagine, I really love these skins. Keep it up, please, i love your job !

EDIT : Where are the skins files for Learner Driver and The Optitian? Sorry, I can't find them.
deleted
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :EDIT : Where are the skins files for Learner Driver and The Optitian? Sorry, I can't find them.

I'm releasing them as packs. They will be DD and DD2 skinpacks with about 20 skins each, wich will be a total of 40 skins... Expect it to be a fairly long wait untill they are both finished.
Quote from Disposable :I'm releasing them as packs. They will be DD and DD2 skinpacks with about 20 skins each, wich will be a total of 40 skins... Expect it to be a fairly long wait untill they are both finished.

Wow, you are going to make all the skins? You are the man !

Destruction Derby 1 Skins
(355 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG