The online racing simulator
Quote from Disposable :Thanks to all of you, but it seems that not everyone shares the same opinion. Someone just rated this thread as Terrible... lol

Just ignore that. Who ever did that is either out of their mind or really hates banger racing/the DD games.

Keep doing what you are doing cant wait for the release of DD1 pack
Agree with above
Or maybe someone just rated wrong too hehe.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you make them so close to the originals? The trashman for example is an exact replica. Did you take it from in-game and enhance it, or make it from scratch? Either way, it's amazing
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If you don't mind me asking, how do you make them so close to the originals? The trashman for example is an exact replica. Did you take it from in-game and enhance it, or make it from scratch? Either way, it's amazing

It's explained somewhere earlier on in the thread.
This post to be exact.
Quote from Jon606 :It's explained somewhere earlier on in the thread.
This post to be exact.

Ooh, thanks for the link, I didn't see that far back

That's really nice work Disposable, the conversion is amazing
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If you don't mind me asking, how do you make them so close to the originals? The trashman for example is an exact replica. Did you take it from in-game and enhance it, or make it from scratch? Either way, it's amazing

Like Jon606 wrote, the most complicated/detailed graphics are taken from the game and then enhanced, not to look so pixelated or even blurry. Sounds pretty easy, but even like that it's a pain to make such low res textures look right on a XRT! But for example, the Trashman number 7 was created from scratch. I have hundreds of fonts on my pc to choose from, but they never exactly match the original Destruction Derby design. So most of the times i end up creating custom fonts from scratch, or heavily editing the closest ones to DD style i find, until it looks as close as possible to the original. Like in the case of Psycho skin. That font doesn't exist anywhere else.

Check out the attached picture to see what i mean.
Attached images
Psycho font.jpg
I'm loving the DD1 skins, I prefer the fact they have pictures to go with them!

Great work Disposable!
Quote from DavidSco :I'm loving the DD1 skins, I prefer the fact they have pictures to go with them!

Great work Disposable!

Ya the DD1 skins are a bit more imaginative when it comes to stock car racing
Quote from DavidSco :I'm loving the DD1 skins, I prefer the fact they have pictures to go with them!

Yeah - one of the best ones in my opinion was for Bouncer's car, where the 88 was being held by the cartoon version of him! Heavy Metal Hero's is also a good one, and so is Skum's with the skull.
Roll on more DD1 skins Joni!
Btw, DD1 had chaning roof colors, depenind on what league it was? Was it like, uhm black, white, red , yellow and one more if I remeber correclty?

Neverthless, bloody awesome work you do with the fonts. I guess there are nothing half-done out there, so you got to do most things by yourselfe
has anyone started up a server using jon606's layouts? i've had a few laps around them and i really enjoyed them with the AI, but real opposition would be great!

Let me know if someone gets a server running, i'd really want to join in!

Page 9
Quote from brandons48 :has anyone started up a server using jon606's layouts? i've had a few laps around them and i really enjoyed them with the AI, but real opposition would be great!

Let me know if someone gets a server running, i'd really want to join in!

Thanks Brandon! :thumb3d:
I would like to be able to host the layouts on a server, but unfortunately I haven't got the time, money or expertise to do so.
Slightly off-topic from this thread: which track layout should I do a new DD track on after I do the reversals of Back Home & Back Home (Remake)? Kinda stuck for ideas at the moment...
Action going on on [noobs] meow (iB) .
I have put up one of the team servers for DD, so just join now
Quote from The Very End :Action going on on [noobs] meow (iB) .
I have put up one of the team servers for DD, so just join now

Remember to download the pack before you enter, otherwise The Very End will just spam the download link
I just did it once 3 times after eachothers
Server is looking nice! Lots of people and all... The problem is that only a few people are using the skins and proper names.
We are going to use the sumo server now, [noobs] Sumo . I will make it XRT only

Edit : someone else than me struggeling to connect?
Quote from The Very End :We are going to use the sumo server now, [noobs] Sumo . I will make it XRT only

I can't join it
Seems a problem with it, let's use the meow server with skid pad til it's somewhat sorted out
Quote from The Very End :We are going to use the sumo server now, [noobs] Sumo . I will make it XRT only

Edit : someone else than me struggeling to connect?

Im getting this message 'Queued position'

then it hangs for a bit and finally connects but i get kicked right away with this message › THE UNDERTAKER#77 : JOOS - COUNT CONNS
What a nice evening guys ! We should create a DD league!
Even with just 6 people, tonight's DD session has been awesome!
Imagine if we had a league going...
Here is an equation to show you what I'm getting at:

EQUATION
Thinking about DD league ()

+ working on it (:smash3d:, :irked:, :munching_, etc.)

= :huepfenic:smileyrai:clapclap::laola::hyper:, etc.

You can see what I'm getting at
That was damn fun! Now we just need more people on the server and an insim application that gives u points for Wrecking and Rolling other cars over!
Haha jon
The good thing is that we at least it seems can borrow the servers every now and then, and we can do some skid pad fun with simple layouts
What we need are more people, much more people I don't care if people use same skins, just as long as there are more of them hehe.

I will try asking nice in the in-sim request area about that Destruction Derby point system
Quote from The Very End :I will try asking nice in the in-sim request area about that Destruction Derby point system

That would be great man! I hope it will be possible to create a similar system... Then more people will join, you will see!

Destruction Derby 1 Skins
(355 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG