The online racing simulator
ive only been doing the Pro Rank on RSR
Quote from Flame CZE :As for the steering smoothness, that's not a problem of AC, but mainly of the nature of force feedback. It simply can't create as much force as a real life steering wheel would do (with most wheels on the market).

You're referring, I assume, to comment about how it looks like the real car is returning far more force to the driver and what you say is true (although just how much "kick-back" a modern GT with large power assistance actually will generate is a good question too, we're not going to be at the top end of the scale there), but with my FFB turned up, then with a light grip on the wheel I should still at least feel my wheel trying to make those movements. For me the McLaren GT3 is perhaps a little too remote feeling.
Turn off that racing line
Well... I had it on at the start, because I wasn't that aware with the track.
Actually if I had to drive serious race on this track I wouldn't know it without racing line too, I liked old Silverstone and never cough the fame of new Silverstone thus I avoided it where I could...
In most cases it's counter-productive and not exactly ideal.. And also not every car uses the same line, does it change according to the car?
What a fun combo, driving it the past three days, think this might be near my limit (thanks for the setup kars), 5th on the RSR, me sattisfied..

E30 @ Silverstone International
Wondering why no one has written here that Nurburgring GP and Lotus T125 are probably coming for next patch. Saw some pictures on facebook earlier today.
Quote from Boris Lozac :In most cases it's counter-productive and not exactly ideal.. And also not every car uses the same line, does it change according to the car?

I dunno, I've been driving LFS exclusively with racing line, but I think I'm doing rather well without it in the rest of the simulators. Somehow I just felt like I needed that line in LFS, because it was well done and good pointer on most of the tracks.

Quote from Mysho :Actually if I had to drive serious race on this track I wouldn't know it without racing line too, I liked old Silverstone and never cough the fame of new Silverstone thus I avoided it where I could...

Agreed, the old Silverstone was my ALL time favourite track, despite everyone calling it boring. This new one just made it lose all the charm. It's not that many changes, but still too much to be as fun.
Quote from Kristi :I dunno, I've been driving LFS exclusively with racing line, but I think I'm doing rather well without it in the rest of the simulators. Somehow I just felt like I needed that line in LFS, because it was well done and good pointer on most of the tracks.

You're kidding me right
Nah, that's the truth. I can drive as quick without it, but gives me a safe feeling when it's turned on. Btw, I just had to give a go for the E30 @ Silverstone, didn't have much time for it though. Gonna try again tomorrow.
Can't wait for next patch! Is it this friday?
Yes.
Quote from Kristi :Nah, that's the truth. I can drive as quick without it, but gives me a safe feeling when it's turned on. Btw, I just had to give a go for the E30 @ Silverstone, didn't have much time for it though. Gonna try again tomorrow.

But, the racing line in LFS isn't anywhere near "well done".
The LFS racing line was never right. Especially with some of the faster setups it actually put you off more than it put you right. Learn the tracks the mans way. No aids whatsoever. Drive it your way.
Well... I turned on the racing line in Ass-etto Opel Corsa to know when a corner is coming up on tracks that I'm not that familiar with, I take the line and braking-points more as suggestions, after some laps I usually turn them off, cause they are distracting, but I don't know why I had them on in the video.
I've never used racing line but I agree it's very useful when you dont know the track. Never copy the racing line but it will give you nice advice for braking points for example.
Quote from Funnybear :The LFS racing line was never right. Especially with some of the faster setups it actually put you off more than it put you right. Learn the tracks the mans way. No aids whatsoever. Drive it your way.

Well, even after thousands of laps on the same track it felt right just to turn it on and leave it like that. I know I didn't use the exact line or braking points, but somehow it made me feel comfortable and consistent. Can't really explain that. The thing that it's a constant line and not annoying arrows like in every other game makes it a lot more usable and non-distracting for the eye.
considering the amount of different layouts lfs has, it might even help avoid the "oh shit there's a turn" moments
Except it won't work with custom layouts.
Racing line display, good or bad, can be useful for the player, especially when it's static like in LFS. The point is not "follow the line" (the line is usually wrong), it's using this feature gives you additional reference points which helps you to maintain your desired racing line. You are not supposed to follow the racing line unless you're driving a new track. You should memorize the _relative_ position of your desired racing line and brake/coast/acceleration points more accurately with the help of this display.

Does this feature improve realism? No. Is it technically useful? Yes if you're using it the right way.
Quote from Keling :Racing line display, good or bad, can be useful for the player, especially when it's static like in LFS. The point is not "follow the line" (the line is usually wrong), it's using this feature gives you additional reference points which helps you to maintain your desired racing line. You are not supposed to follow the racing line unless you're driving a new track. You should memorize the _relative_ position of your desired racing line and brake/coast/acceleration points more accurately with the help of this display.

Does this feature improve realism? No. Is it technically useful? Yes if you're using it the right way.

Ok, guys. Enough of the racing line. This discussion has gone way too far offtopic already.
Quote from seniecka :Ok, guys. Enough of the racing line. This discussion has gone way too far offtopic already.

Oh my god, not another topical thread Nazi.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG