The online racing simulator
@ phil

Appreciate it.. I can sleep now

God damn setups.. Wonder how the fckers fooled the RSR app though, cause it goes red when i get on the run-off areas with 4 wheels..
Quote from Boris Lozac :We're not mechanics or Laudas..

It's a videogame stop whining so freaking much. Oh my god.
Oh Boris, reading that post I made back to myself it seems pretty harsh, it was meant to be tongue in cheek for a laugh, no offence meant there fellow.
I know mate
Boris, do you really not know how to crank on downforce or are you just so stubborn you refuse?
I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to setups.. Not stubborn just wanted to see how others are doing with the default one..
I definitely think the road cars should be offered in a fixed setup, plus what he have currently. It may not be to everybody's taste but I think if you've gone to the trouble of including factory road cars you should offer people the chance to drive and compete in them as that, not tyre compound, camber and toe adjusted, I would even say screw it and lock the tyre pressures too. I don't mind the setup stuff personally, but I do also sometimes want to just drive and not concern myself with experimentation first.
Yeah, if it's a road car, then there should be a "showroom settings" option (or perhaps enforced for hotlapping completely), but the race cars that are MEANT to be adjustable should be. If you're too stupid to read a few books or guides about setups then consider sticking to the road cars. Then the simulation of racing is even better - you have to learn stuff and not be thick to do it.
Many street legal sports cars (not everyone in AC) do have somewhat adjustable suspension though.
Quote from Keling :Many street legal sports cars (not everyone in AC) do have somewhat adjustable suspension though.

This is true, nothing stops anyone putting slick/semi-slick tyres on for track days either, and like I said, car setup is not an issue for me, but I still think the road cars should also come in a completely locked form.
I think hotlapping should have 3 levels.
level 1 = locked 'factory' setup
level 2 = realistic adjustments (like sports cars having adjustable suspension, brake balance and things like that)
level 3 = everything adjustable, like in LFS right now.

Is that too much?
This sim is modifiable. We can make as many levels as we want.

The problem is how to make 3rd party levels "official", or at least widely adopted.
Quote from Keling :The problem is how to make 3rd party levels "official", or at least widely adopted.

Steam Workshop.
Quote from Matrixi :Steam Workshop.

But everyone can upload content to Steam Workshop, so the problem remains. It's like rFactor Central with one click download-n-install enabled. You still get good mods buried in twenty times more bad ones.
You spoke nothing of popularity in your previous post, besides you can sort mods by most recent/top rated/most popular by x time. It's not exactly the distribution platforms issue to worry about how successful mods are, if the mod is good, it'll become popular since the sim racing community is tight knit and word of mouth travels quickly.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I think hotlapping should have 3 levels.
level 1 = locked 'factory' setup
level 2 = realistic adjustments (like sports cars having adjustable suspension, brake balance and things like that)
level 3 = everything adjustable, like in LFS right now.

Is that too much?

I think road cars would have 1 and 2.
Race cars would have only number 3, but I also quite like the idea of (for example) "Augusto Farfus BMW M3 DTM" fixed settings. Obviously this would require some fairly considerable effort and cooperation with the manufacturer, but perhaps not that much in the grand scheme of inclusion of the car itself.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah, if it's a road car, then there should be a "showroom settings" option (or perhaps enforced for hotlapping completely), but the race cars that are MEANT to be adjustable should be. If you're too stupid to read a few books or guides about setups then consider sticking to the road cars. Then the simulation of racing is even better - you have to learn stuff and not be thick to do it.

Completely agree with this. Sims should always align with reality, and this is reality plain and simple.
Quote from farcar :Completely agree with this. Sims should always align with reality, and this is reality plain and simple.

Finally the kind of comments I expect from people supposed to want realism
I WANT REALISM

(as long as it's easy, I'm quickest, I don't have to think, and it's free)
Quote from Boris Lozac :I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to setups.. Not stubborn just wanted to see how others are doing with the default one..

Quote from tristancliffe : If you're too stupid to read a few books or guides about setups then consider sticking to the road cars.

:chair:
Quote from PhilS13 :You're fine...

I did low 47 after 3 laps on stock setup. I switched to max DF, low 45 instantly.

I'd say out of your missing 5 seconds 2.5/3 come from the setup, 1/1.5 come from 4 wheels off track and the rest is skill.

Quote :@ phil

Appreciate it.. I can sleep now

God damn setups.. Wonder how the fckers fooled the RSR app though, cause it goes red when i get on the run-off areas with 4 wheels.

Maybe I should revise those numbers and put a bit more in the skill column after all...

I did 1.44.8 after 10 more laps on stock (low DF) setup. I only removed fuel. Pretty sure low 44s are possible. Maybe mid-high 43s. Certainly not from me but someone that has some WR speed.
@ bmx

So many confused people, what is confusing you now? Yes, i literally have no knowledge about setups, problem? And i was curious how you people here drive that combo with the default setup, just so i can see if i suck or not. Should i draw it for you?

Why does everyone have a need to change something, just fckin drive. Everyone for some reason changes to the best available tyre, and doesn't think that's worth mentioning when uploading a hotlap or something.
Quote from Boris Lozac :@ bmx

So many confused people, what is confusing you now? Yes, i literally have no knowledge about setups, problem? And i was curious how you people here drive that combo with the default setup, just so i can see if i suck or not. Should i draw it for you?

Why does everyone have a need to change something, just fckin drive. Everyone for some reason changes to the best available tyre, and doesn't think that's worth mentioning when uploading a hotlap or something.

You do complain about a thing which shouldn't be complained about. Sometimes I wonder, do you really have to post such useless posts? I mean it's your daily goal - to spam forum with post and gain some extra numbers next to your post number in total. You are like a radio, an endless radio without an end. Just relax, ok? No need to sit here, whine about everything and get other's critical comment on your written stuff. Why do you punish and torture yourself? There is no need to do so.
Quote from Boris Lozac :
So many confused people, what is confusing you now? Yes, i literally have no knowledge about setups, problem?

Then get some knowledge like other people have! I don't really see the reason for you whining here, if it wouldn't bother you then you wouldn't do it. You're just making yourself look like a helpless fool for complaining over a nonexistant problem here
Quote from Boris Lozac :

Because it's logical that people want to go as fast as possible?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG