The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from anbiddulph :don't use the auto transmission it doesn't let the engine rev when you need it

That works. Any mods that unlock everything from level 1 though? I ground up to level 40 on my old profile pre-DLC but...
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're missing the point imo.. That actually IS the fun part, behaving like a real truck driver, respecting the speed limits, making sure the cargo isn't waving all over the road, swaying in the other lane etc.. not going crazy overtaking everyone.

Agree, + in the newest patch they fixed fuel consumption simulation, and extra challenge is to get best possible mpg. And don't use virtual mirrors, + always try to park your trailer with incar camera
Had this for a while now with the pro mods map installed, anyone recommend any other good mods?
Quote from Boris Lozac :There are mods to increase the engine volume, but i'm guessing that's how it is in these modern trucks..

i was thinking of recording engine sound with window open and cloed (since i do drive a semi IRL) but that wont make a difference
actual trucks are really kind of "silent" when the windows are up.
the sound dampening is pretty good.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i was thinking of recording engine sound with window open and cloed (since i do drive a semi IRL) but that wont make a difference
actual trucks are really kind of "silent" when the windows are up.
the sound dampening is pretty good.

That's what i'd imagine. If you have to drive it for 8+ hours a day, you don't want to be deaf in a week.
Quote from Kid222 :That's what i'd imagine. If you have to drive it for 8+ hours a day, you don't want to be deaf in a week.

Except if you drive a V8 Scania. I hate that the interior sound is so low, so I use exterior cam if I can, the one on the top of the cabin. Because dat growl.
Leveling in the game seems to be pretty straightforward. Drove around for 3 in-game days doing quick jobs, improved long-distance freight twice and fragile cargo once. When I got to level 6 the bank offered me a 500k loan, I got 400k, upgraded the garage, bought two trucks, hired a driver and now I'm getting paid about 20.000 for every job.
Can someone give me an insight about the difference between this and ETS1? I'm really curious.
Youtube?
It's better.
The '1' and '2' part are different. Oh, and also this and many other things I guess:
  • It's more realistic
  • Better sound
  • Better graphics
  • Bigger map I believe
  • More detailed map
  • Customization (this is great)
  • Pedestrians
  • Better and more AI's
  • Not sure about the mods for ETS1, but ETS2 has a LOAD of them
There's also a group of modders working on an online mod.
AFAIK ETS1 had whole Italy, Spain and perhaps even Portugal. Not sure why these were taken out. The game takes only 2GB (!), so devs could slip it in there too.. unless they're planning more DLC's (apart from the US truck simulator).
Sorry about this bump ...

Anyway, apparently this game is on sale over at Humble Bundle so I grabbed a copy and played it for about 5 minutes before I *really* messed up the FFB somehow.

Whenever I change gears my G25 rattles so much that I'm afraid to bother my neighbors.

I believe my windows settings are still LFSified (screenshot attached) but this does not appear to be working well in game even after hitting the reset defaults button.

Would someone please share their G25/G27 setttings? Windows as well in game, if you don't mind ...
Attached images
Untitled.png
Lower the rumble in-game for the engine etc, or get a new wheel.

Oh, and there is now a multiplayer mod for this game: http://ets2mp.com/

Best.game.ever.

There are literary hundreds of people online and you will come across more trucks than in SP mode (almost all the time ). Really good fun with some people that don't dick around!
Quote from Bose321 :Lower the rumble in-game for the engine etc, or get a new wheel.

Best.game.ever.

There are literary hundreds of people online and you will come across more trucks than in SP mode (almost all the time ). Really good fun with some people that don't dick around!

SET STEAM TO UPDATE THE GAME MANUALLY if you are using the mod, SCS released today an update that broke it (you know, memory adresses changed, they have to update them all)
Quote from felplacerad :Sorry about this bump ...

Anyway, apparently this game is on sale over at Humble Bundle so I grabbed a copy and played it for about 5 minutes before I *really* messed up the FFB somehow.

Whenever I change gears my G25 rattles so much that I'm afraid to bother my neighbors.

I believe my windows settings are still LFSified (screenshot attached) but this does not appear to be working well in game even after hitting the reset defaults button.

Would someone please share their G25/G27 setttings? Windows as well in game, if you don't mind ...

The string and damper effect strength probably shouldn't be down to zero.
Quote from Bose321 :Lower the rumble in-game for the engine etc, or get a new wheel.

Best.game.ever.

Indeed, best MP mod I ever seen, better than SA:MP, I'm doing at mininum one job per day
i can sacrifice mp for 8 gb of mods, it's like game from another dimension, not just graphics-wise...
Are you guys interested in setting up a 'company' for LFS players? Drive together, create a paint scheme and such.
I've herad legends about mods, which are putting gigantic continents into the game, but i couldn't find any of them among the tons of all the mods. Does anyone know anything about them?
There are loads of such mods I believe. This is one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycCaasq13Kw

Try to Google for russian map (or something like that, can't remember exacty). I think the most mod websites have plenty of mods. Not sure if that will play nicely online though.
Quote from Kid222 :I've herad legends about mods, which are putting gigantic continents into the game, but i couldn't find any of them among the tons of all the mods. Does anyone know anything about them?

Using Promods (promods.net) and I can tell these guys bring really professional stuff. The map improve base map with lots of details + adds Scandinavia, plans to the future are Iceland and more Eastern Europe.

I don't like all those gigantic mega hyper cool map mods which add Africa to this game... It just doesn't fit. I think Promods is best. Euro Truck Simulator so it expands Europe with lots of detail and driving in Scandinavia is great, never gets boring.

Also such simple mods as painted AI trucks and new AI cars make this game far more complex. I have like 8GB of mods and my game works just fine, starting with map and lighting mods ending with tandem mods where driving a tandem truck is really something new and challenging.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG