The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Euro Truck Simulator 2
And it's out, my first encounter with this type of game. It's pretty relaxing, exactly why i was interested in it, played it a little bit so far and i'm miserable. Reversing is a nightmare and i can't comprehend the logic in it.. Graphics here and there, rain looks nice.
One major issue i have with it is that force feedback or any kind of feel of truck is non existing. Maybe that is the case with these trucks, but i expected something, anything, none. Only time there's feedback is when you bump into something, but that's vibration not exactly force feedback..
My grandfather drove big rigs for a living and he used to say that if a tire punctured, the wheel would brake your thumbs off. So id say no ffb is unealistic
I am taking the truck license now and I can confirm that the forces on the wheel is extreme.
If you cross your arms and then a crash occurs (take a full wheel lock while holding your arms at same place without changing possition), you would break your arms straight away.
If a accident happens and you lose controll, the best thing to do is to just release the whole wheel and pray.

I might check out the game too!
Quote from Bmxtwins :My grandfather drove big rigs for a living and he used to say that if a tire punctured, the wheel would brake your thumbs off. So id say no ffb is unealistic

Is this in the days before power steering on trucks?
must be...im driving trucks daily, and i dont encounter such extreme behaviour...
Strange. We learn on the course that on an impact or accidents the wheel will go apeshit and we should release the wheel
That is with trucks produced in 2008.

Edit:
The steering itself is no problem at all, you can steer with one finger. But if I understand right the forces that gets applied in a collision will be transfered through the wheel - and god help that poor soul that holds on to the wheel with all his powers.
I'm sure that's the case with older trucks but these new ones, i don't know, watching Ice Road Truckers they hold the wheel with one finger almost.. I just want some kind of feedback otherwise the game is great, proper sim.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm sure that's the case with older trucks but these new ones, i don't know, watching Ice Road Truckers they hold the wheel with one finger almost.. I just want some kind of feedback otherwise the game is great, proper sim.

That show is an over dramatised comedy, and steering wheel is probably the only thing comparable to real life in there.

Well, during impact, especially from side even the stering wheel of a Nissan Micra is capable of breaking human hands, so yeah, a truck can probably rip you out with the whole seat and throw you out of the window if you don't release the wheel on time.
Say you were kiddin' about IRT!

Yeah like i said, there is feedback, pretty violent one on impacts, i just want something during regular drive, going over bumps etc..
In modern trucks you feel nothing. They are comfortable and effortless to drive and then they wonder why people fall asleep at the wheel whilst driving them.
I challenge you to come to Norway and drive a truck here then.

* 5-10 cm to each side of your line, unfocus for a bit and your either off road or in front of a other vechicle
* Twisty, hilly, bumpy roads, you DO FEEL that
* Much traffic on small roads with single lanes, consentration all the way
* Many things to keep in mind, such as weight limits, lenght limits, hights limits and more when driving on these roads

I am not going to be offensive, but please be kind to try to understand what you talk about
Quote from The Very End :

I am not going to be offensive, but please be kind to try to understand what you talk about

My Grandfather drove trucks, my 2 uncles drove trucks and my father still does drive them. I do know what I'm talking about having been in trucks since I was born.

Modern trucks are made for comfort, and comfort sends you to sleep. I'm not talking about 1 lane mountain driving as you're suggesting, I'm talking about everyday motorway driving. You'll feel nothing.
Hehe well ok, fair point :-) I can see your point if you are driving on the autobahn, but I think the biggest problem is the worktime not the truck itself.
Quote from The Very End :but I think the biggest problem is the worktime not the truck itself.

But that's the point, it's not. If you're kept awake it doesn't matter about the worktime, if you're bored to death basically sitting in an upright bed you're going to feel more likely to sleep.
I think that if you are bored to death you should get a new route to travvel or a new job. Lowering the comfort and technical progress of the trucks is not the way to go imo.
Why doesn't this freaking game have FFB or something?
Quote from The Very End :I think that if you are bored to death you should get a new route to travvel or a new job. Lowering the comfort and technical progress of the trucks is not the way to go imo.

But drivers falling asleep at the wheel isn't a personal thing specific with only a few people, it's an increasing number.
That is true, but I don't think we can souly blame the trucks - alltho I see they have a role in it.

The best thing would be to get the motivtion and work moral up, better the work condition (such as wages etc), and then... well I dunno, apply a red bull minibar to each truck?

What you think could help solve the problem, without making the trucks more uncomfortable?
Quote from Bose321 :Why doesn't this freaking game have FFB or something?

it does for me?

btw - i dont regret buying this...its decent enough, even tho not as it is in real life (drive a semi and u know what i mean ).
good fun so far, much better than the first one.

</problem>
Quote from The Very End :

What you think could help solve the problem, without making the trucks more uncomfortable?

Well it's a problem that's not very easy to solve. There really isn't anyway to negate the issue.
There are going to be updates.

Also the mod community gets quite strong.
In your profiler settings, do you have Spring Effect and Damper Effect set to 0%?
How accurate would you guys say the roads and cities are in this sim?

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG