The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Bought from the sales but haven't installed yet. Is it any good? Looks pretty much like a comfy timekiller which would be just nice.
It's a fanastic game.. get's you in zen.
It's one of those games like MS Flight Sim, where either you'll go '?? What the **** is this?' in the first 2 minutes and never touch it again, or family will be breaking the door down two weeks later as everyone thinks you've died.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's one of those games like MS Flight Sim, where either you'll go '?? What the **** is this?' in the first 2 minutes and never touch it again, or family will be breaking the door down two weeks later as everyone thinks you've died.

LOL! So true...
Yeah, can't believe I played almost 60 hours already... But I bought it a long time ago, not yesterday.
Trying to find a good starting coty with the DLC

Ideas? I want somewhere up a mountain
Apparently there's very early version of multiplayer mod. http://ets2mp.com/
Anyone tried it already?
Can the quick job trucks get any slower? I was doing 5km/h in the Alps with a line of traffic behind me redlining it....In a Scania?
Don't do quick jobs
On sale on Steam - ETS2 + Going East DLC - £4. Don't care if it works or not, I'm buying it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Don't do quick jobs

Well it was my second job and I hadn't got access to the bank yet so...
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Well it was my second job and I hadn't got access to the bank yet so...

don't use the auto transmission it doesn't let the engine rev when you need it
i just bought the game with east expansion for 8$ on steam and it is so much fun to play !!!

only thing that it bothering me is the lack of engine sound in cockpit :\
There are mods to increase the engine volume, but i'm guessing that's how it is in these modern trucks..
Quite easy to get the hang of it, but it still took me several trips without breaking even to complete my first damage-free delivery. I didn't want to install any mods before exploring a bigger chunk of the game, but this 55mph limit really tests my patience.
^ Well, it is truck simulator and real trucks have a speed limiter.
I removed the speed limiter the third day that i owned it, because it just gets too boring. Now, deliveries at 140 kph are a standard and threading the needle among the traffic in high speeds is quite fun. Totaled the truck only twice so far!
Quote from Kid222 :I removed the speed limiter the third day that i owned it, because it just gets too boring. Now, deliveries at 140 kph are a standard and threading the needle among the traffic in high speeds is quite fun. Totaled the truck only twice so far!

You're missing the point imo.. That actually IS the fun part, behaving like a real truck driver, respecting the speed limits, making sure the cargo isn't waving all over the road, swaying in the other lane etc.. not going crazy overtaking everyone.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're missing the point imo.. That actually IS the fun part, behaving like a real truck driver, respecting the speed limits, making sure the cargo isn't waving all over the road, swaying in the other lane etc.. not going crazy overtaking everyone.

This.
You can still do that with 110 km/h :o
I guess everybody's having fun with it in his own way. I just couldn't stick with it otherwise.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're missing the point imo.. That actually IS the fun part, behaving like a real truck driver, respecting the speed limits, making sure the cargo isn't waving all over the road, swaying in the other lane etc.. not going crazy overtaking everyone.

You haven't seen our truckers. I've been overtaken by conteiner trucks on my way to work, on a 2-lane, single carriageway road, while doing 100kmh, more times than I can actually remember.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG