The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :If you're using the firewall from Windows 7 you just have to select the EXE and block the access (both ingoing and outgoing).

I'm on gay vista
Quote from Xaid0n :Could someone explain to me what the Scaling setting is in the Graphics Settings?

That's the main setting of this game. Could be translated also as level detail distance... You can go up to 400% at least on my card. I have mine at 100% and still everything is blurry as ****, but my PC can't handle more. 100% and sharp textures are only like 10m in front of my truck. When 400% everything in distance is perfectly sharp, no blur whatsoever. Kills the performance so much, though...
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm on gay vista

Shouldn't matter, the technique is the same. Google on how to add custom rules to your firewall.
Bought it this morning, drove 4737km so far, got an own truck thanks to a loan. A DAF XF Space! Pimped it a bit, and already did some rides for my own company.

Here a simple screenie.
Attached images
eurotrucks2 2012-10-23 22-40-59-34.jpg
rest stops?
am i completely stupid?

why can't i figure out how to stop at rest stops so i don't keep falling asleep at the wheel?
Quote from nearsight :am i completely stupid?

why can't i figure out how to stop at rest stops so i don't keep falling asleep at the wheel?

There are big parking spots. If you stop in there press E to turn of your engine and then enter.
Or just turn that off in the settings.
Quote from Bose321 :Shouldn't matter, the technique is the same. Google on how to add custom rules to your firewall.

It didn't work anyway. Used many of the tweaks recommended and it still shuts down the game saying free trial has expired. I even deleted registry entry and reinstalled and it still does it.
This might work then (in case you didn't try yet):
  • Disable the option in the game with something that says get news automatically (don't know the name from the top of my head)
  • Remove live_streams.sii and news.sii (back them up incase you have custom radio stations)
  • In My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 open config.cfg
  • Look for the uset g_sns line and remove everything between the " marks.
  • It should now say uset g_sns ""
  • Open the game and enter your cd-key again.
  • Hope for the best
Quote from Bose321 :This might work then (in case you didn't try yet):
  • Disable the option in the game with something that says get news automatically (don't know the name from the top of my head)
  • Remove live_streams.sii and news.sii (back them up incase you have custom radio stations)
  • In My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 open config.cfg
  • Look for the uset g_sns line and remove everything between the " marks.
  • It should now say uset g_sns ""
  • Open the game and enter your cd-key again.
  • Hope for the best

Already did this but thanks.
That sucks then.

Good luck contacting the developers... They haven't responded for days to any of my messages. Tried twitter, facebook and even a few of their emails. What's the use of all this if you don't use it...
Today a new patch will be released on the website.

Fixes in this patch:
  • Improved handling of fatigue.
  • Stopping of advisor lines fixed.
  • Some potentially crashing issues fixed.
If you can't wait here is the download link
1.1.3? What happened to 1.1.2?

Btw, lousy changelog to be honest...

edit: It seems they are working on a bigger patch as well. I hope they address the bad performance and non existing FFB.
I like my Volvo, upgraded to a 750hp beast.

I bought a MAN first, but that truck is just slow with 320HP default or something.
That's too much, i actually miss my 310hp IVEDO now This one has 410(or 20) and the accelaration and braking are actually too good now.
Damn, I really want to play this... But 15fps is not fun. ETS1 runs fine maxed.

E: Oh I see a big patch incoming, hope it gets some optimisation, doesn't look like it will, though.
Does anybody know if I buy the boxed game from UK, can I unlock the game downloaded from the web? Or at least it has all the languages?

I'm at level 3 and don't want to drive for 'nothing' when I reach level 4.

If only this game had any kind of FFB...
Quote from Whiskey :Does anybody know if I buy the boxed game from UK, can I unlock the game downloaded from the web? Or at least it has all the languages?

I'm at level 3 and don't want to drive for 'nothing' when I reach level 4.

If only this game had any kind of FFB...

Just backup your Documents/ETS2/profile folder. Or the whole ETS2 to keep your settings as well.
I got used to no FFB cause that's probably how it is in RL, i would add it only on some bumps and stuff..
My wheel (G25) has zero FFB in this game, theres a bit of resistance in real life. How the hell do I make it stronger? The ingame settings seem to do no effect.

Great game btw.
Quote from kimd41 :My wheel (G25) has zero FFB in this game, theres a bit of resistance in real life. How the hell do I make it stronger? The ingame settings seem to do no effect.

Read the thread.
When you guys say no ffb, is the wheel just slack? I never changed any setting and there is quite a bit of resistance at least. When going offroad or whatever the wheel just shakes and jitters quite a bit, so there's something going on at least.
Quote from Jertje :When you guys say no ffb, is the wheel just slack? I never changed any setting and there is quite a bit of resistance at least. When going offroad or whatever the wheel just shakes and jitters quite a bit, so there's something going on at least.

You must have some kind of spring or damper setting turned on via your wheel software or whatever you use. There really is zero FFB in the game, except for when you drive offroad.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG