The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :In the outback, with a variety of ramshackle vehicles chasing you?

Yea, a polish guy called Pawel Towkuta wants protection money.
Quote from Jertje :I would, but people would die

If I had TrackIR or a triple monitor setup I might give it a go, but it takes too long to look right and back and the mirror is tiny

I said left virtual mirror, you have two real ones that are enough
Can anyone confirm how the boxed edition works?

I mean, it installs all the languages (as in Spain there is no distributor), and/or the CD-key can unlock the downloaded version?

If I buy this I'd rather pay the 18€ of Amazon UK than the 30 of the official site, even though they get a lot less profit by buying through external distributors
Quote from Xaid0n :Those with frame rate problems, have you tried using directx mode or opengl? (Start > All Programs > Euro Truck Sim 2 > Troubleshooting)

Still lagging like hell...
Did Lyon-Hannover in 12 hours, that's 5 hours faster than expected, and without rest
I just went to Newcastle, highways there are all in repairs. Driving on the wrond side isn't that hard, as i thought, don't have much traffic though.
Also that feel, when truck sim has better weather effects than most of racing sims.
Quote from Zipppy :I just tried the demo out, and it's pretty good, much better than their older games (18WoS, anyone?).

If you have a webcam and sufficient lighting, you can use this program to control the dashboard camera with your head. I have it set up as a "Fake TrackIR". And it requires some tweaking to work the way you want it to.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

For reference, My FFB settings are as follows, this one gives a good overall feel (in my opinion):
Overall: 100%
Spring: 41%
Damper: 41%

Can you please explain how you make to the facetrack work on the euro truck2?

and, do you actually feel FFB when you make turns?
I don't recommend Zippy's settings, it's fake just like in LFS, those spring and damper effects really make it hard to park the trailer, fake resistance and that's when the wheel should be as light as possible, feels like i'm damaging something..

Btw this just happened Had to be done like this, was waiting like 5 minutes to un-glitch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3nFLWbeFQ
is the demo worth getting? how big is the area?
Demo is full game, you are just limited to Level 4 on the progress.

Anyone knows a truck with built-in GPS, i want to get rid of virtual one.
Quote from Hahmo :is the demo worth getting? how big is the area?

From what I've read it's only limited to a certain level (I believe 4).
Ah I see downloading then
I'll see if I'll buy it if I like it.. is there online mode?
Quote from Hahmo :is there online mode?

This is the only step for this game being greatest game of this century.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone knows a truck with built-in GPS, i want to get rid of virtual one.

Most of the trucks has it if you upgrade interior to exclusive
Would love to do online runs with other players. Would be good to add a courier/local driver feature aswell to add more playable vehicles such as vans and rigid body trucks etc.
Quote from TypeRacing :
Most of the trucks has it if you upgrade interior to exclusive

Oh that's the thing eh, thanks
Online businesses/clubs? There's definitely some potential there.
Quote from Rappa Z :Online businesses/clubs? There's definitely some potential there.

Yea, for sure.
I now paid off the 100k loan and my two drivers seem to be making about 1600 per day. I think having them train on long distance helps a bit because those jobs pay better per mile.

About 100k to go and I'll be able to afford a new garage + one truck/driver. Time to get that cash snowball rolling

Quote from Boris Lozac :Btw this just happened Had to be done like this, was waiting like 5 minutes to un-glitch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3nFLWbeFQ

Yep, that's the same type of intersection I was stuck at
Could someone explain to me what the Scaling setting is in the Graphics Settings?
Quote from Xaid0n :Could someone explain to me what the Scaling setting is in the Graphics Settings?

Seems to be some sort of resolution modifier.

Mine defaulted to 33% and everything was blurry as f00k, put it to 100% and everything is crisp.
Had a CD KEY now it's not working, keeps reverting to demo
I had that too a few times. Just block the game from internet.
Quote from Bose321 :I had that too a few times. Just block the game from internet.

And to do this would need to block the port or what?
Quote from BlueFlame :And to do this would need to block the port or what?

If you're using the firewall from Windows 7 you just have to select the EXE and block the access (both ingoing and outgoing).

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG