The online racing simulator
Quote from amp88 :Totally useless. Why did you think I specifically mentioned checks done on LFS World before? Just because you managed to get grip_h4x.exe working locally means absolutely nothing when it comes to cheating the actual hotlap rankings (which I've been talking about from the start and you agreed with me that that's what we were talking about).

Well for the most part a hotlap is invalidated in the game itself first before it even goes to lfsworld.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well for the most part a hotlap is invalidated in the game itself first before it even goes to lfsworld.

That in no way is a valid response to my post. Please would you bloody read things? Why do you think I was specifically mentioning LFS World as a source of validation?
Quote from amp88 :That in no way is a valid response to my post. Please would you bloody read things? Why do you think I was specifically mentioning LFS World as a source of validation?

Especially when all LFS really cares about for validation is surfaces and collision.
Well that's a fair point. I can see why you feel I ignored you but still. I honestly don't believe lfsworld even stops people.

That's the trouble with online racing in general. We don't have LAN events like they do with CS;GO and other games which filter out the hackers as they turn out to be really shit at LAN events but amazingly good online but it's a bit silly to say 'well being fastest means nothing, there's cheaters about' because it applies now, and it will always apply. Besides, my l49 time at Magione was beaten and Darren Marsh isn't far away either.
Quote from amp88 :That in no way is a valid response to my post. Please would you bloody read things? Why do you think I was specifically mentioning LFS World as a source of validation?

Are you trying to suggest for him to use his brain and actually read? Get real mate.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Are you trying to suggest for him to use his brain and actually read? Get real mate.

This ain't the iRacing thread. bb
Thank you for exactly for proving my point
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Thank you for exactly for proving my point

Ok you can have the last word. I allow you to have it.
Bawbag definitely used grip hacks, he even used them when we happened to be karting in Falkirk at the same time the bastard!
Quote from deko :bawbag definitely used grip hacks, he even used them when we happened to be karting in falkirk at the same time the bastard!

haha
Quote from BlueFlame :...

Had a go at this last night - really struggled to warm to it though. I suspect more than anything it's just being out of practice at sims though (the layer of dust was thick on my G25, I think its been 3 years since it was last used) - I seemed to continually reach the apex, let off the brake and then just suddenly start wildly understeering with no extra steering or any power. First sim (excluding LFS) where drifting has felt very natural though.

The old Lotus F1 car reminds me a lot of GPL - even down to the dodgy gear stick animation and the way the body rises up from the wheels when you hit the accelerator!
Anyone knows to corespondence between LFS FOV and AC FOV ?

I have used the ingame app to congifure my view for AC and it gave me a 35 deg FOV.. very strange at first.. but after some getting use to it, I kinda like it.. seems more real, and definitely can see curves better.
So, was thinking to try an equivalent in LFS and see how it is.
Quote from luchian :Anyone knows to corespondence between LFS FOV and AC FOV ?

LFS uses horizontal FOV where AC uses vertical FOV (AFAIK).
Thank you.
The equivalent seems to be around 60 in LFS (58 more precisely). I was running on 70 so not that far off.
I went from 80 in LFS to 55 in AC.
Ok, i just bought this. Beat the Ferrari 458 around Mugello for the last two hours or so. Most fun I've had behind my wheel in years This game will be truly epic when it's finished and supporting mods.

Now tell me, is 2:08:4x a decent time around Mugello with standard setup? Can I view hotlaps somewhere?
1'54.156 for the ferrari at imola now...

i will do it tonight...i hope!
Quote from kars19 :Noob trys drifting , onboard version
Best hands animation since LFS

Not bad, you almost pulled it off
Mugello reversed is actually really fun for sideways drifty shenanigans- when you're messing around like that who cares which way you're going?
i did it finally !!

1'53.8

now for the bmw!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG