The online racing simulator
I've just tested AC with Ferrari 478 @ Magione. Of course, due to my current situation when I don't have a desktop monitor and I'm forced to plug my pc to TV monitor, I have no capabilities to mount my wheel, so I tested AC with my joystick. TC and ABS were on, obviously, cos otherwise I wouldn't have done any single lap.
The first impression - wow. Graphics of Ferrari's interior is superb. The sounds of the engine is epic and that handling is such a joy. Big Kudos to Kunos guys for optimization. I do wonder if that just me only or not that finds this AC way better optimized and actually well optimized. I mean, I even can play with very high settings on medium-end GPU HD7850 and get avg. 60 fps, which is fine (previously, on Tech Preview I would have got maybe 30-40 fps or even less). I drove with vsync OFF, 'cos I've been reading previously on AC forum about vsync thing which is one of the most endless topics and I got confused, is it worth to be turned on or not, so I remained it on default - which is OFF. I can't make my statement on input lag, related to steering wheel, basically, 'cos I didn't use steering wheel, as I said previously. So, I don't know.
To sum up, basically I wasn't that shocked when I turned on AC, 'cos I've tried Tech Preview previously, but I was really nicely impressed with its optimization.
Is the E92 M3 seriously faster than a 458?! At Monza on the front straight it hits a higher top speed according to the speedo....... surely that cannot be right?
I'm still not happy with the steering feel. The KTM is the best feeling, but the Taatus and the GT BMW still don't feel nice for me, regardless of fps, I tried running at 300fps at low res yesterday and it's the same as at 120.
For me it's quick changes of direction that are worst, it's like the FFB "curve" goes from "max" load to nil and stays at nil until you're steering by the same amount in the other direction. Going through those fast chicanes at Imola it feels like I'm pulling on a rope with a load of slack in it. I find it very difficult to "push" because I feel like a passenger, really.

Also, this whole input lag issue not that I have a problem with my current gfx settings: If I have any input lag which affects my virtual wheel, is it affecting all of the graphics or somehow just the wheel?
Quote from tristancliffe :Not suffering from any bogging down problems.
Mine isn't forced into 900 degree mode at all. Quite happy with 420 for the Tatuus for instance.
Never had any lag (about 50-60fps with vsync on or off)
I don't drive slowly. Who cares about that.
Personal preference, but I like having the virtual wheel visible.

Plus you can also turn the virtual wheel off if you mess around the cfg.

@Ball Bearing Turbo

The E92 M3 speedo is a liar. Turn on the virtual gauges, and it shows like -60kph on higher speeds. Pretty weird.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Is the E92 M3 seriously faster than a 458?! At Monza on the front straight it hits a higher top speed according to the speedo....... surely that cannot be right?

it's a bug, e92m3 @ Monza ~262km/h max, Fezza ~290km/h+

Quote from Kristi :Plus you can also turn the virtual wheel off if you mess around the cfg.

How?!?!

edit: e92m3 looks nice in Montego Blue Metallic

*raw pic, with low/mid graphics
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... smoke-when-drifting.1806/

Changed the SLIP_LEVEL=0.4 (default 0.8) Smoke now appears faster/realistic
Zero FPS hit

edit:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... ke-mod-improves-fps.2237/

Better Smoke mod (improves FPS)
"I've tweaked the tyre_smoke.ini file to produce smoke that looks less 'luminous', lasts longer and is a bit less white. I tried to mimic the smoke pouring off the tires of some street car drifting and for a first version, I think its a step in the right direction. It looks pretty good when you pull off a decent drift - much more realistic than the default."
Did not notice any fps drop in Beta-Access, when you spin off and disappear in smokes. I did notice fps drop in Tech Preview. Yes, fps drop was dramatic from like 55+ fps to 30 fps or even lower. Maybe in Beta Access fps drops (well it should, basically), it just drops by 1-2 fps, but as I said, I did not notice fps drop.
I want moooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote from Mysho :I want moooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 Days to go...keep calm

Pagani Zonda R, the Lotus 2-Eleven and P4/5 Competitizione + 2 tracks. Should keep us amused for a few days
Give us some McLaren MP-12C plx
Quote from The Moose :2 Days to go...keep calm

Pagani Zonda R, the Lotus 2-Eleven and P4/5 Competitizione + 2 tracks. Should keep us amused for a few days

How about the newest Pagani - Hyuadra or something like that? Looks very nice.

Personally im waiting for Lotus type 125 the most^^.
Is it comparable in any way to current F1 cars outside of its shape? Some insight would be greatly appreciated
More epic road/race cars please

Is that one invalid lap or what Maybe i'm wrong though but it looks like 4 wheels off the track too many times there :P

What graphic settings are those, looks kinda 'flat'..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is that one invalid lap or what Maybe i'm wrong though but it looks like 4 wheels off the track too many times there :P

What graphic settings are those, looks kinda 'flat'..

I could say the same about your ass.
Boris Lozac: I'm gonna take screenshot of the settings next time. They are pretty high, running i5 3570k with radeon 7950. Lap is valid (I have 5 seconds penatly on). I thought it was ok to use green areas.
Quote from CheerioDM :I could say the same about your ass.

You're in full swing tonight

@kamkor

I think green areas are considered off track
Quote from Boris Lozac :I think green areas are considered off track

Nop just like KY3, it's valid, because cutting is badass
Beta v0.2 Changelog

G: x360 rumble intensity multiplier
G: new drift mode, it is based on score and time not laps
G: sectors status in time transponder is reset after each lap
G: Driver Eyes Positioner is Default app (localization added)
G: Fixed replay loading with cars (wing problem)
G: Fixed replay GUI (slider)
-
S: Fixed turbo still producing boost even after fuel went zero
S: Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore
S: Implemented “FF Enhancements”
S: Improved AA algorithm selection
-
LS: Reverb effect removed
LS: New default volumes preset
LS: Engine volume tweaked for all cars
LS: Backfires volume tweaked for all cars that have them
LS: Rumble strip, tyre rolling, tyre scrubs and wind volume/pitch variation tweaked
LS: BMW M3 e30 interior sounds improved
LS: BMW M3 e30 fixed missing gearshift sounds
LS: BMW M3 GT2 interior sounds improved
LS: Tatuus FA01 interior sounds improved
LS: KTM X-Bow interior sounds improved
LS: Ferrari 458 Italia overall engine pitch tweaked
LS: Lotus 49 interior sounds improved
LS: Lotus Elise SC and Scura engine and compressor volume levels tweaked

This update does not include the new content which will be released tomorrow as announced earlier this week.
I feel like in 2007 when LFS had 2 patches per month!!!! Thank you AC. Thank you for reincarnation of my sim passion.
Totally feel the same, when it was around U and patches came out like hell. There will be an up or DLC every 2 weeks for AC. Sounds promising.
"Hello everybody, Aristotelis from Kunos Simulazioni here.
We haven't released the update yet. The changelog is a leak that we don't really know where it came from and it's not even complete as the actual update has even more content than this changelog describes.

The update is scheduled for tomorrow as promised.
Sorry for this, but we don't know where it comes from. Thank you all for your support."
Quote from Kristi :Beta v0.2 Changelog

G: x360 rumble intensity multiplier
G: new drift mode, it is based on score and time not laps
G: sectors status in time transponder is reset after each lap
G: Driver Eyes Positioner is Default app (localization added)
G: Fixed replay loading with cars (wing problem)
G: Fixed replay GUI (slider)
-
S: Fixed turbo still producing boost even after fuel went zero
S: Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore
S: Implemented “FF Enhancements”
S: Improved AA algorithm selection
-
LS: Reverb effect removed
LS: New default volumes preset
LS: Engine volume tweaked for all cars
LS: Backfires volume tweaked for all cars that have them
LS: Rumble strip, tyre rolling, tyre scrubs and wind volume/pitch variation tweaked
LS: BMW M3 e30 interior sounds improved
LS: BMW M3 e30 fixed missing gearshift sounds
LS: BMW M3 GT2 interior sounds improved
LS: Tatuus FA01 interior sounds improved
LS: KTM X-Bow interior sounds improved
LS: Ferrari 458 Italia overall engine pitch tweaked
LS: Lotus 49 interior sounds improved
LS: Lotus Elise SC and Scura engine and compressor volume levels tweaked

This update does not include the new content which will be released tomorrow as announced earlier this week.

Why they don't fix the most important bug?!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG