The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Silly peasantbox. Who invented to put in only 4GB?

[size]micro[/size]SOFT
Quote from Bose321 :Silly peasantbox. Who invented to put in only 4GB?

The same people who make me pay to play online while everyone else does it for nothing with their regular internet connection....

Then again, the xBox cost me $0...
Managed to play for 2 hours.

After trying again, my character's gone

EDIT: character back up again... but lost one rank of progress... Still, I think it's quite fun, when you actually get to play it.

EDIT2: And right after selecting the character slot, he's gone again.
As QS said, the problem isn't connecting, it's getting past the 'tutorial' which for anyone with a brain they don't need to use.
This is a bit annoying. It looks like it could be like a whole extra game. I do kind of wish they would just let you free-roam with friends until the systems are in place to get the other stuff working properly. That would be infinitely better than this nonsense.
He needs to do another one for GTA:O.
Apparently a few people report that their character has gone and oh joy mine is gone now aswell. At least i found this to brighten my mood.

Finally got online today and it's kinda boring....

And people tned to be ass hats - kids
finally in too, i see where they are going with the online, but it needs a bit of an update.
They need to remove auto targeting..
They better leave auto aim on when i am forced to use these annoying gaypads.
My eyes told me it wasn't when I played my first deathmatch. Auto-Aim everywhere.
Quote from R3DMAN :oh is it.. someone told me it wasnt.

Well I don't know for sure about the GTA;O main gametype but on deathmatch its definately off. I have it on for single player and it wasn't enabled online. It just so happens that a single headshot will put you out of action. Some of which people get via luck, but most of these guys are pretty good at getting headshots...
I've found (at least), auto-aim is enabled during Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, caveat being the targeted person needs to be on your radar as a red dot.

I have actually been pretty impressed with how GTA:O works once it works. It's quite enjoyable, and I found that the team deathmatch modes can get pretty white knuckle and exciting.
In a deathmatch right now, there is auto-aim, not as strong as SP but there is something definitely there.

Edit: what Dustin said, basically.
BF fails again...
You can choose which mode you want to play(aim assist, free aim), if you join your buddy and he has it off while you have it on, it will change your mode to his.
The bad guys always show on your radar in Online, even if you never saw them.
Even story mode doesn't work like that...

Anyway if you have trouble getting on, do the online stuff solo, you can at least get the initial stuff alone and level up a bit
Quote from CoolColJ :The bad guys always show on your radar in Online, even if you never saw them.
Even story mode doesn't work like that...

Anyway if you have trouble getting on, do the online stuff solo, you can at least get the initial stuff alone and level up a bit

Nope, the opponents only show if they are loud. if you sneak and use silenced weapons, you very rarely show up.

Also, I really like it. While there's general mayhem in free mode, during matches, missions and races people are quite civilized.
I'm an idiot when it comes to consoles. I'm on xBox, an old 4 GB unit. How do I know if I have any updates for GTA? I don't see anywhere where I can start Online play. I'm assuming that the update was the online play and contained other SP stuff from what I've read. I don't care about online, I don't have xBox Live and don't play online, but I thought there was updates to single player. How do I know? My xBox went through a lot of updates before I could even install GTA.
Serious money to be made in races, i've gotten enough to buy my first apartment now.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm an idiot when it comes to consoles. I'm on xBox, an old 4 GB unit. How do I know if I have any updates for GTA? I don't see anywhere where I can start Online play. I'm assuming that the update was the online play and contained other SP stuff from what I've read. I don't care about online, I don't have xBox Live and don't play online, but I thought there was updates to single player. How do I know? My xBox went through a lot of updates before I could even install GTA.

Updates are usually (as with GTA) automatic.
You will need more space than 4GB because you have to install GTA...think it was 6.7GB
The online option can be choosen via the pause menu or the character select thingo.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG