The online racing simulator
If, I mean if, a sim has a very good physics engine, nice net code, a flexible API for controlling game logic, and a good base package of content to play with, then 3rd parties can mod whatever game mode they want, be it circuit, P2P, drag, wheelie, burn out, drift, open road touge, street, cruise, fuel economy, handbrake parking, 2 wheel, cone smash, destruction bowl, height jump, rollover count, lower rider dance, brake stand smoke duel, nitro show...

If a dev teams decides that their sim should be modding-friendly, then it's better for them to concentrate on the base system let modders do the rest.

With that said, I see no problem in this drag mode. It's just a straight line model running in P2P mode anyway. Not good enough? Mods come to rescue.
Quote from JazzOn :You must mistake that with like Grid 2 or something, where tehy claim to put so much effort in it, while the greatest feature are fireworks on the sideline and teh physics are simplified to ridge racer style without the "cool" thing.

AC should to be something for car enthusiast and drivers. How it really turns out, no-one knows, but at least they seem to make a real effort, without just trying to get rich.

Do you think the nkp fans had drag strip on their wishlist?

AC is aiming at a broader audience, this is clear, and confirmed by the Steam green light decision by Kunos. If a drag strip is not just another thing to broaden the appeal to more than the people that care about tyre physics, net code and aero models, then I don't know what it is. Haven't they mentioned some kind of drift points thing too?

All I'm saying is that the people that were interested in AC to begin with probably don't care how fast a Huayra gets to 400m in a game, and it's not where they will spend their online racing time.
If you know how to make a better sim please do sinbad, until then you're not allowed to discuss about it..

the famous argument.
LFS has drift points, a drag strip, etc. Is it for a broader audience? If it is, why are we here? Why would we even begin to be upset with a decision Kunos does if its exactly the same as what we are accustomed to?
Quote from sinbad :Do you think the nkp fans had drag strip on their wishlist?

AC is aiming at a broader audience, this is clear, and confirmed by the Steam green light decision by Kunos. If a drag strip is not just another thing to broaden the appeal to more than the people that care about tyre physics, net code and aero models, then I don't know what it is.

No, no, i totally agree. When i saw this, initially i thought it's a joke... it's just a straight line. But you can't blame them for trying to sell their game, when iRacing alone has an income of a few hundred per player on content alone, or that they model beautiful cars in great detail.

I'm just trying to see the bright side or have hope really. For all i know, they have the same mentality like Scavier (How they still can live of the income from LFS is impressive, imo), while Codemasters in excellent Electronic Arts fashion lead teh masses on; selling them these "unique" and most advanced racing games to date, that they have put so much effort in, to deliver the greatest racing experience eva.

But you can't blame them either (well i kinda do, cause they use the numptys screaming their opinion into the web to their benefits of making teh integral parts as easy as they have to and that's pathetic), but the people who buy into that crap. It's this metality of "gamers" to have no interest in putting any effort in challenging themself or learn driving for that matter, which is sad, imho.
Lol Boris.

I'm not upset about any decision kunos has made, and yes lfs did add a drag strip because too many races got ruined at Blackwood by spontaneous draggers It's for the kids, utterly pointless. I was not aware of official drift point system though.

It's going to be a broader appeal game than lfs, or any other "serious" sim, in fact. Nothing wrong with that, but I am seeing some elements/content and features that I will probably ignore entirely, and unless the intention is to add some actual drag cars, then the drag strip doesn't really serve a serious purpose, and is mainly there to appeal to a different audience. Although as I said before I expect it to be part of a test course complex or something.
Quote from sinbad :... and unless the intention is to add some actual drag cars ...

Or people can mod it in...
Quote from Boris Lozac :If you know how to make a better sim please do sinbad, until then you're not allowed to discuss about it..

the famous argument.

The difference is that sinbad isn't whining about every little thing in every sim. He's actually discussing things, not whining about everything saying its gonna suck or there's something wrong with it.
Like i said, it just comes out that way, i'm not doing it on purposse trying to sound negative. Every day i'm throwing money at the monitor for this..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Like i said, it just comes out that way, i'm not doing it on purposse trying to sound negative. Every day i'm throwing money at the monitor for this..

Throw money harder! :P
Do it more often, all the money you throw at your screen comes out of my screen.
Asseto Corsa will be from now on officially available for Steam platform once it's released.
Awesome, did they pass greenlight or manage a private deal with Valve?

Edit: Greenlit apparently.
Hello, Stem.

Bye, AC.

It's not going to be Steam-only, is it?
What is exactly the disadvantage of AC being on steam? I think it's a huge step forward. Buying this 100%.
Because I don't want to install and run Steam (or any extra program) just to run a game.

Also the auto-updates can be annoying. If there's something that you don't want or like, the developers are gonna push it to you anyway. There are a few problems with the latest DiRT2 version for example. Good luck going to a specific version that worked fine. Obviously this shouldn't really matter in most cases, but I just don't like the restricted eco-system. I just want to run a stand-alone game.
It doesn't mean you have to install steam just to run the game. It's like Euro Truck Simulator 2 - you can install from retail DVD or just buy it on steam, your choice.

Over the time, I would so like to have workshop on Steam for this game. I know it's not gonna happen but racing simulation with mods in one place with automatically implemented or removed mods to or from game just by clicking a button. Would be awesome.
Quote from Bose321 :Also the auto-updates can be annoying. If there's something that you don't want or like, the developers are gonna push it to you anyway.

Say what?

LOL same thing I was thinking Matrixi
Quote from Mysho :It doesn't mean you have to install steam just to run the game. It's like Euro Truck Simulator 2 - you can install from retail DVD or just buy it on steam, your choice.

Over the time, I would so like to have workshop on Steam for this game. I know it's not gonna happen but racing simulation with mods in one place with automatically implemented or removed mods to or from game just by clicking a button. Would be awesome.

So it's not Steam-only. That's good. That's all I asked for.
Quote from Matrixi :Say what?

That must be new then. Excuse me, I don't use any of these silly programs as you might see. But still, can you go to any version you like, or just not auto-upgrade? Can you manually update/downgrade your game?
It's been there for years, longer than I can physically remember.

Yes, you can manually up/downgrade versions. Have you even used Steam?
That's great news for AC.
I really hope they'll use steamworks for modding support, would be perfect to keep cars/tracks up to date.
It's time they release it now..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG