The online racing simulator

Just give me that E30.
The second screenshot is too need for speed like, but other than that it's great.
Is anyone a bit disappointed with A.C's graphics? (Just going by screen shots and Youtube - I haven't a 'puter for it yet). Maybe I was expecting too much, but a lot of the track colour looks a bit pastel-like and with a lot of grey. Not as stark as iRacing. But the cars also, a bit plasticky looking. No?

And I'm praying they improve the sound a lot. That's so important.
Quote from Postman Pat :Is anyone a bit disappointed with A.C's graphics? (Just going by screen shots and Youtube - I haven't a 'puter for it yet). Maybe I was expecting too much, but a lot of the track colour looks a bit pastel-like and with a lot of grey. Not as stark as iRacing. But the cars also, a bit plasticky looking. No?

nah
Quote from Postman Pat :Is anyone a bit disappointed with A.C's graphics? (Just going by screen shots and Youtube - I haven't a 'puter for it yet). Maybe I was expecting too much, but a lot of the track colour looks a bit pastel-like and with a lot of grey. Not as stark as iRacing. But the cars also, a bit plasticky looking. No?

I'm more than happy with graphics and sound so far. Be interested to hear a car with a more grunty engine, but the rest of the sounds seem great to me.
I don't think the graphics are amazing, but they're good, and so are the sounds.
Physics and FFB are good, though not without fault, imo, and the list of content looks like it will be great.

It's the netcode that will make it a game I frequently play, or rarely play, though. There can be no excuses this time. It has to be lfs-standard at least.
Quote from sinbad :It's the netcode that will make it a game I frequently play, or rarely play, though. There can be no excuses this time. It has to be lfs-standard at least.

Exactly - the netcode is pretty much do or die.
I'll be happy to be wrong about the graphics.

No one will persuade me about the Elise engine sound though. That's too synthetic and is annoying me already in the tech pv videos. I don't think I could put up with that for long. I need to know this will be improved before I get a new 'puter basically for A.C. If it sounded like present rf2 ISI content I'd be satisfied.
So you want fake not helping with the lap time sounds eh.. I won't say 100% these are synthesised but i'm pretty sure they are, and they sound good, nothing wrong with them.
The problem with samples is they can sound like shit at times, particularly if you're trying to be awkward.

The problem with 'synthetic' is that it always sounds like shit. It never sounds like the real thing.
It's the default sound, but not sure what LFS version was that
The Elise sounds are samples, have a look at the game files
Quote from Boris Lozac :So you want samples? I've made this video back in the day, and it proves a perfect point why is it better to have 'live' (or synthethic) sounds rather then samples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsFLR-GjaIY

Sorry for offtopic. But in fact, there are sound engine samples in LFS (in a way). If you press the topmost 'L' in the engine sound editor in-game, a small wav file (about 0.046 s) gets exported and there you can tweak the sound even further. This has probably been already known for ages, but I haven’t found this out until a couple of days ago. So I’ll just leave this here :P
Quote from Flame CZE :Sorry for offtopic. But in fact, there are sound engine samples in LFS (in a way). If you press the topmost 'L' in the engine sound editor in-game, a small wav file (about 0.046 s) gets exported and there you can tweak the sound even further. This has probably been already known for ages, but I haven’t found this out until a couple of days ago. So I’ll just leave this here :P

So it is actually possible to make LFS not sound like shit?
Quote from Bose321 :So it is actually possible to make LFS not sound like shit?

Per se, put the sample is basically just a audible click so it wouldn't have any depth to it.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :The Elise sounds are samples, have a look at the game files

Yep, like I said I wasn't completely sure but these are some fine samples then, probably a different method then rFactor and the likes use..
Quote from Flame CZE :Sorry for offtopic. But in fact, there are sound engine samples in LFS (in a way). If you press the topmost 'L' in the engine sound editor in-game, a small wav file (about 0.046 s) gets exported and there you can tweak the sound even further. This has probably been already known for ages, but I haven’t found this out until a couple of days ago. So I’ll just leave this here :P

but isnt using such a small "base" sound basically synthezising? You could probably hardcode that one single bang into the sound engine anyway (but changing it does indeed change the cars engine note)
Quote from Bose321 :So it is actually possible to make LFS not sound like shit?

No - it will still sound like shit but You can acheive sound You wouldn't be able to with standard samples

I've been playing with this some time ago, getting sample that will actually work ingame is pain - i'm not talking about converting or cutting it into right size and lenght but about getting right tone. Some samples will clipp all the time no matter what You do, and some will be too quiet.

I'll attach what i made below - don't expect miracles. Just copy-paste everything to Engine folder in LFS/data

And make sure You loaded Engine sample after You load settings - it loads samples automaticly but better make sure ( ye i know that's perfect sentence )

Slap is for Fz5, FzR, Lx6 and Renault F1 H1 is for BF1

BF1 is damn loud and unplayable - it just sounds nice from outside

i have posted video some time ago with that sound btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtbxIjQLV8w
Attached files
Engine.rar - 717.1 KB - 269 views
Quote from ACCAkut :but isnt using such a small "base" sound basically synthezising? You could probably hardcode that one single bang into the sound engine anyway (but changing it does indeed change the cars engine note)

Yes, you are probably right I might try to fiddle around with the sound sample to see what kind of changes in the car sound I can come up with.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG