The online racing simulator
The weight transfer is completely immersive for me.. maybe your wheel settings or such. I run 0 damper and 0 centering spring and it feels just like a real road car.
Quote from BlueFlame :The weight transfer is completely immersive for me.. maybe your wheel settings or such. I run 0 damper and 0 centering spring and it feels just like a real road car.

It doesn't feel that good to me. Elise steering is beautiful and direct and communicative, and to me it's a bit woolly in AC. I also really question the lightening that occurs at or just over the limit of the front tyres. I'm pretty sure that this may technically exist in real life, particularly in the wet and probably also if you steered to full lock in a millisecond, but it's wayyyy OTT imo and just adds to the feeling of disconnect.
Quote from sinbad :It doesn't feel that good to me. Elise steering is beautiful and direct and communicative, and to me it's a bit woolly in AC. I also really question the lightening that occurs at or just over the limit of the front tyres. I'm pretty sure that this may technically exist in real life, particularly in the wet and probably also if you steered to full lock in a millisecond, but it's wayyyy OTT imo and just adds to the feeling of disconnect.

You do lose some feeling when you steer past the point of no return (from an understeer point of view) so that is probably close to correct but in terms of how accurate it is as an Elise, I have no idea, the only mid engined vehicle I've ever driven is a go-kart.
Quote from BlueFlame :The weight transfer is completely immersive for me.. maybe your wheel settings or such. I run 0 damper and 0 centering spring and it feels just like a real road car.

Shockingly, I agree with BF. I find it to feel pretty damn good. As someone mentioned earlier, quite similar to LFS in fact. After a few laps I'm hooked and can't wait for the final sim to release. I just wish the TP didn't have such an abysmal circuit in it.
And a pretty tame car to go with the crappy circuit :/

Hopefully the real demo will be F40 @ Nordshleiffieififie
E30 M3 pls. You can keep your Ferrari.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :And a pretty tame car to go with the crappy circuit :/

Hopefully the real demo will be F40 @ Nordshleiffieififie

I will meet many a guardrail if that's the case

Quote from Bose321 :E30 M3 pls. You can keep your Ferrari.

Hmm... now I'm torn. I do love me some E30... Is the E30 in AC going to be the road going version or a touring car variant (don't care which touring car version, I just want a race-spec one)?
Quote from MAGGOT :

Hmm... now I'm torn. I do love me some E30... Is the E30 in AC going to be the road going version or a touring car variant (don't care which touring car version, I just want a race-spec one)?

I'm hoping both and personally I really don't care for BMW's that much.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm hoping both and personally I really don't care for BMW's that much.

I'm not much of a BMW guy either, but I like the E30 and the Z4 GT3, so I'm happy to see those.

Though, I've just read that the DTM spec E30 will be DLC. So I'm good for the F40 and Nords as the official demo.
I'll take anything.
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm not much of a BMW guy either, but I like the E30 and the Z4 GT3, so I'm happy to see those.

Z4 GT3 is something of a fan favourite. I saw one at Silverstone in the wet and it destroyed the competition in ELMS.
I'll take any car and track combination they throw at us.
I really hope AC is as good as everyone expects. Surely there must be testers, sworn to silence, that frequent LFS forums who could drop me a pm? :P
gg Dustin
I'm in your posts, being invisible text.
Quote from MAGGOT :...I'm good for the F40 and Nords as the official demo.

If that's the combo for the demo they would probably lose 50% of the sales, since that's what 50% of the people is gonna do all the time
The novelty would wear off eventually, and even if the demo had MP, the track is way too long for decent races. Really, the demo should have a shortish track and a car that isn't trying to kill you.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll take any car and track combination they throw at us.

How about the Special Bus around the Cellulitering ?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The novelty would wear off eventually, and even if the demo had MP, the track is way too long for decent races. Really, the demo should have a shortish track and a car that isn't trying to kill you.

That's what they gave us in the TP
The TP track is long? A 1 minute 20 something lap and you say it's long? I'm confused, what do you wanna see a kart track ?
"A shortish track and a car that isn't trying to kill you"
Quote from BlueFlame :The TP track is long? A 1 minute 20 something lap and you say it's long? I'm confused, what do you wanna see a kart track ?

Quote from Boris Lozac :"A shortish track and a car that isn't trying to kill you"

^That.
The demo would likely have a Fiat 500 as one of the cars. They confirmed that it was a demo car on their facebook page, but chose the Lotus for the TP because of their recent success.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG