The online racing simulator
Quote from Töki (HUN) :steering linearity option.

Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini

[STEER]
SCALE=###
Quote from Boris Lozac :How dare you not own nkpro?! You are not entitled to this!

This guy is a joke. He must not be a self respected simracer!

Shh, get out of this forum!
I quite like it.
It has a rubberyness that reminds me of nK namie, but once I got my steering set up nicely, I was chucking the little Elise about and I started to enjoy it.
Wow, the ffb is like driving a real car... The most realistic feeling ffb I've ever experienced. It has a small LFS-like quality to it, but my GOD is it immerse, feel like I just got invited to an Italian Lotus track-day and did some laps.

Had to close the game before I spent the rest of my life on it until AS is fully released (or a demo is released).

Only managed a 1:22.9, did about 30laps in a row... thing just feels so real...
So, what? you basically need to have a proper GPU with GDDR5 and 1GB at least to run this game smoothly?
I have an i5-3210m laptop with a 630m graphics card. At 1366x768 with pretty much everything turned way down, AC tells me that my average is usually between 71 and 75 FPS.
Quote from seniecka :So, what? you basically need to have a proper GPU with GDDR5 and 1GB at least to run this game smoothly?

Runs fine on dual HD4850's with 512 GDDR3 VRAM (also on one). Running mid-high settings with 4x AA and 16x AF with 100-200FPS (kinda dipping around the straight though).
Runs just fine on my modest rig
i5 2500k (no clock atm)
8GB DDRIII 1600Mhz
GF 560GTX (non ti)
Running @1920x1200

Even though i can't have everything maxed, it still looks just great even on medium settings, vsync off and locked to 58fps (cures input lag). And make sure you have the "maximum prerendered frames" in your graphics profiler turned to 1 for even less of input lag. Funny thing is, I can't run pCars on any acceptable visual settings without fps dropping below 58, can't drive a sim below that, sorry.

After some laps, I'd say this feels, looks and sounds (engine sounds cannot be judged by a 1.8 i4 engine) just great. Can't wait to take out the E30 around the Nordschleife now (even if the it doesn't come officially).
I have nVidia 9600GT 512 MB GDDR2 (I suspect), 256 bits.
Quote from seniecka :I have nVidia 9600GT 512 MB GDDR2 (I suspect), 256 bits.

yep, I have the same stupid card....the tree panels are purely awesome

Still with all video settings to low I manage to get 50-50 fps and an idea...
-
(seniecka) DELETED by seniecka : Already got informed. Sorry for spam.
Really, the best thing I can say about this is that it feels better than LFS (I still think iRacing feels nowhere as good as LFS) and it looks brilliant at 100fps (pretty medium settings, Q6600 and GTX 460, not exactly high-end). I basically can't believe this is going to have a Lotus 49 and 98T, with a scratch made Nordschleife.
Maybe I'm a drunk, but 30 fps isn't that bad IMO. Less than that is tragic, but 30 feels alright.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe I'm a drunk, but 30 fps isn't that bad IMO. Less than that is tragic, but 30 feels alright.

Well the steering lag puts 30fps being playable to bed with this game. I had to run in 800x600 to get rid of the steering lag, i may even have to go down to 640x480 to remove it completely.
You can't go down to 640x480. The AC logo in the bottom left covers the whole screen.
@seniecka
I really don't know, but it surely does seem good value at around 110-120 EUR, and they boast with it being more energy efficient taking its power straight from the motherboard.
I didn't check the market too much in detail but at times was looking at the Asus GTX 660, but which goes at twice the price....
Maybe people around with more powerful rigs can give us some hints.
Well, something weird happens, If i play in practice mode my avg fps is 55 and if I go to hotlap mode it decreases to avg 17 fps.

Also I think I'll be needing a new pc.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can't go down to 640x480. The AC logo in the bottom left covers the whole screen.

It must be an image file somewhere, find it and resize it.
Quote from Bean0 :It must be an image file somewhere, find it and resize it.

Its a PNG called 'watermark' in AC_TechPreview/content/texture. So I presume you can just make it a transparent image and use that.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can't go down to 640x480. The AC logo in the bottom left covers the whole screen.

Fak.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Its a PNG called 'watermark' in AC_TechPreview/content/texture. So I presume you can just make it a transparent image and use that.

Would anyone that can do that sort of thing mind knocking it up and posting it?

It would be much appreciated
Thanks Boris. That left a small white texture in the corner of the screen. Much less distracting than the AC overlay, but not quite perfect.

EDIT: I'm being a knob. I saved the thumnail, not the full thing

Works great now. Cheers
Feels pretty darn good actually, I like it. Works perfect in 3D - I'm now having visions of that F40 at the ring with real physics... Seems like an exciting prospect to me! Who knows what mods will exist in 3 years as well. Until this kicks off, RF2 feels 95% as good and at least has a crappy looking 70s ring that's fun as hell. nice to have some decent look and decent driving sims coming

I really want that F40; I wonder if there's turbo modelling?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG