The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Loving the iFruit
Quote from Uke :In the first posters of GTA IV or Max Payne Pc wasn't included either. so don't lose the hope. We'll get a shitty port a couple of months after the release.

Max Payne was surprisingly not shitty port, so maybe GTA V port will be pretty decent too.
Their statement on the PC version:

"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time."

I would be happier if they just let us know their true intensions. Either give us "no PC version planned" or "coming after console launch" and that's all that would be needed. All this does is frustrate PC gamers.
I think they'd flat out say we aren't doing PC so you'd go buy a console if they weren't at least trying to put up a PC version.
Dunno. They said there will be no LA Noire for PC, and then there suddenly was. Then again, they also said the same for Red Dead Redemption and that was true. Who knows.

One thing is for certain, I'm not buying a current outdated console for this title.
If the game is good enough with minimal frame rate drops, 360 here i come...
"Hey guys, we are milking out the consoles first so we have enough money to build a shitty port to the PC for you to enjoy in 4 years when your PC is powerful enough to run it."
FU Rockstar, when did you go wrong...
Max Payne was actually a very good port, so there's hope. I don't give a **** anyway, I'l buy it on PS3, then buy it on PC whenever it comes out, then probably buy it again anyway. I think I've bought the last 3 GTA games at least 3 times each, worth every single penny and a lot more.
I don't understand the panic.
R* is one of the biggest companies, which aren't under influence of anyone (Valve-like), so they can do things in whatever way they want. They did this since GTA3, as far as i can remember (including the silence about GTA3 port), and apart from GTA4 GfWL problems and some RAGE engine optimalisation shenanigans, there was no problem whatsoever, they always did playable and good ports. Not releasing it on PC would be epic fail and i think they know it.

Considering that they know their way with RAGE engine by now, they will only take their time to fine tune everything, so we don't get another Dark Souls-like port.
Quote from Kid222 :...they always did playable and good ports...

Wait, what?

GTA 3, VC and SA were all originally programmed to be run framerate locked at 30 FPS, go above that (easy on PC) and the death animations etc would start to glitch out.

Don't even get me started on the performance hog that is called GTA IV. Heck, it still gives a hard time for modern ultra high end computers to run all maxed out.

Rockstar aren't a PC friendly company, they haven't been since GTA 2. Max Payne 3 almost made me think otherwise, but seeing this latest GTA V news, it turned out to be the exception that enforces the rule.
Matrixi: Well, i never had any problem with them on any PC, it ran smoothly enough and looked well optimalised. I should've noted that i had shit PC's in the past though. :| GTA4 is extra chapter, but that's what i meant that under the "RAGE shenanigans" part. It was far from perfect, but it was good enough and i liked it.
Well, just like I did for GTA4, I'll be getting this for 360 first then maybe PC much later down the line.

It's more enjoyable on console anyway, it's just more of a console game. GTA 3 and 4 never felt as natural on PC.
Not sure if srs
Yeah Bose we get it, PC's are infinitely better than consoles blah blah blah, it gets old reading the same shit.

PC ports of GTA games were never great, since #3 it's been better on consoles, only an idiot would say a mouse and keyboard is better than a pad for GTA. 4&EFLC were great on the PC though. Obviously the modding is good aswell, but the controls in all of them apart from 4 let it down.

Anyway, can we please talk about what will be the best game by far, rather than the same old bullshit PC V console debate (hey idiots, ever heard that we can own and enjoy both at the same time?).
Yeah because the argument about the "controls being better on a console", while a PC can have the accuracy of mouse and the whatever it is from the Xbox and PS3 controller, is not getting old.
Quote from DeKo :PC ports of GTA games were never great, since #3 it's been better on consoles, only an idiot would say a mouse and keyboard is better than a pad for GTA.

That's pretty funny. I've always used these when playing GTA on PC when driving, and then using mouse+kb for shooting for an all around superior experience, along with better graphics and higher framerate.

Quote from DeKo :Anyway, can we please talk about what will be the best game by far, rather than the same old bullshit PC V console debate (hey idiots, ever heard that we can own and enjoy both at the same time?).

Best game by far? You've played it already?! If there will be something new to talk about it I'm sure it will be discussed as soon as there is something to discuss about. For mindless non-critic circlejerking, there's always the R* forums and several fansites that would consider a plate with poo on it to be a gift from heavens if it came from Rockstar. Meanwhile, the lack of a PC version at launch seems like a valid topic, no? Atleast it beats calling people idiots for no apparent reason.
Quote from DeKo :Anyway, can we please talk about what will be the best game by far, rather than the same old bullshit PC V console debate (hey idiots, ever heard that we can own and enjoy both at the same time?).

>consoles
>enjoy
lol choose 1
GTA4 autoaims for you anyway, you hardly need the fine-grained control of a mouse to hit people. (Much) better graphics were nice on the PC, and mods added longevity, but bugs and performance issues hampered overall gameplay.

Personally I always saw GTA as a fairly casual game, sit down on the sofa in front of the TV and mess around for a bit, maybe do a couple of missions etc. If it was a more serious game maybe it'd be more relevant on PC, I'm afraid I just don't see it that way.

Either way R* are never going to released on PC at the same time as the console launch, this strategy has obviously worked for them for the previous two titles, why wouldn't they use it again?
Quote from pb32000 :GTA4 autoaims for you anyway...

And that sucks. Does it drive for you also? Does it complete the game automatically for you so you can just sit and watch?

Anyway, I don't see the point of the discussion PC vs console... feels like you can have just one or the other, but no both, WTF? I have a gaming PC and a PS3 so I will play GTA V either way
Quote from NitroNitrous :And that sucks.

This is my point - its not a serious game. But it doesn't need to be serious to be fun, the autoaim didn't detract from GTA4 for me. You can still precisely aim if you want/need to.

I too have both a console and PC, and for the record I enjoyed playing GTA4 and both mediums

I must say I'm excited for V. I think I probably spent more time on 4 since it was released than any other game. I don't play a huge number of games these days but it definitely kept me entertained the longest. If I buy two games next year it'll be this and the new Sim City.
xbox for first playthrough, then download on PC after all the patch is out and mod it from there, that's what I did with IV.
It didn't autoaim for me with the mouse if I remember correctly. Autoaim takes out the fun in the game anyway.
Quote from -NightFly- :It didn't autoaim for me with the mouse if I remember correctly. Autoaim takes out the fun in the game anyway.

What sane person even wants auto aim?

I believe it's only activated when you're on the superior controls of a console.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG