The online racing simulator
It is difficult to tell who's car you are spectating when the race is over. Sometimes the name would turn yellow in the results list, and sometimes it doesn't. It would be nice to add the drivers name somewhere so it's a bit more consistant, don't know where though
Little suggestion which could help languages again .

In the finishing menu (Where you can see finishers and their times etc.) There are two things called PIT and PTY, and in translation you are only allowed to put 3 characters there, but there is room for 4 characters. Could you increase it to 4 or are there any other problems?
Quote from Gimpster : running for 2 seconds and then locked for two seconds.

Check cables, particularly IDE and SATA data cables. Make sure they make good contact. just an idea...
Quote from Scawen : FIX : Comma had stopped working as a decimal point

May I ask, if this has been fixed because of program-functional reasons? I'd prefer using the comma as a decimal point. If I can use my native language in the game, why not my native decimal point?

Though I can use the dot too
Hi frokki,

It was fixed, so you now C A N in fact use the comma as decimal point again!

EDIT: yeah, fastest
In U16 you can agin use , as a decimal point
I'm not sure what you mean. In a previous test patch it stopped working because of some code I changed, but made a mistake on one line of the code, so the code didn't actually do anything at all.

But now it's fixed, the comma is allowed - as it always was before for years now. So now you can use dot or comma as decimal point, when you type in. LFS simply turns the comma into a dot before trying to interpreting the number.

EDIT : wow, three of us answered within 2 minutes
... thanks for test patches U15 and U16.

Scawen, just a question to new car info output. I couldn't figure out what CoG means. Could you or someone who knows it please explain it?

Thanks in advance.
Ciao
Veit
Center of Gravity.
German: Schwerpunkt.

Vain
When translating the "marshall" texts, I have seen that there are no translatable texts for chulks, cones and tyres (objects, not menu). So in game they appear in english.

Great work Scawen
*klatschandiestirn*, jau, das macht Sinn. Danke!
it´s posible rename or delete reply in game like setups ?

Great work :bowdown:
Not sure why, or if this is a bug from a previous version...

When I switch to "Between the wheels" view, then set my clocks to 'Real', they don't show up anymore.. They still appear in 'ChaseCam' view, but no longer show up at all in Between-The-Wheels. If this is on purpose, fair enough, but surely it shoudl either show in both (B-T-W and Chace), or neither?

Additionally, splendid work with the new speed-measuring, wootness.
Quote from BlackSpider :When I switch to "Between the wheels" view, then set my clocks to 'Real', they don't show up anymore.. They still appear in 'ChaseCam' view, but no longer show up at all in Between-The-Wheels. If this is on purpose, fair enough, but surely it shoudl either show in both (B-T-W and Chace), or neither?

That's correct. That setting is specifically for that custom view, it's not a global setting. But "real" are not available in wheels view because there is no dash. There is a point in allowing real in custom views, if you select draw style "external" you will see the car.
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :When translating the "marshall" texts, I have seen that there are no translatable texts for chulks, cones and tyres (objects, not menu). So in game they appear in english.

Yes, because these objects are from the actual track file, it's the same story as the track configs. LFS.exe does not know of the object names until the track is loaded. I may change it at some point so there is an autocross objects file shared between all tracks, then it may become feasible to change their names.
Ahh, I thought it was a global setting.

[::.. Awarded the D'oh Badge ..::]
Quote from Scawen :Yes, because these objects are from the actual track file, it's the same story as the track configs. LFS.exe does not know of the object names until the track is loaded. I may change it at some point so there is an autocross objects file shared between all tracks, then it may become feasible to change their names.

Also relates to the names of weather?
Quote from Gimpster :Not sure if any one else is having the same issues but after trying one of the U patches my client developed a rythemic hanging, running for 2 seconds and then locked for two seconds. Since this was unplayable I reinstalled the T patch over the U and it went away but is starting to come back.

It only happens when I am on the track or viewing the track. Currently it happens for about 1.5 laps and then it stops. It almost as if it is not loading the track fully until that part is needed or somthing. I will not have a chance to test further until Sunday morning though, just wanted to mention it.

I used to have the same problem with my old steering wheel. How i cured it ws reduce all programs to idle and it ran perfectly. To achieve this you need to download a program like Process Lasso but I no longer need the program.
Just a little improvement suggestion for something that frustrates many DFP users... The paddles on the DFP are really bad and sometimes, after much wear, they shift twice rather than once. Really annoying when coming into a corner too if you shift down once more than you wanted to - you could end up looking at where you came from. This is really frustrating and if there was some double-shift detection option it would be very much appreciated. I hope this wouldn't be too hard to code.
^^ Yes, I agree. Something like a definable delay that must pass before the next "shift up" or "shift down" command is accepted would be nice.

We could actually do that ourselves if there was a /wait or /sleep command for the script system
In the translation, I've noticed "can't reset because of ..." and "it would cause yellow flag". Hm, does it mean "there is somebody who'd see yellow flag"? (consequently, it's possible to reset if there are no cars coming?)
Quote from axus :Just a little improvement suggestion for something that frustrates many DFP users... The paddles on the DFP are really bad and sometimes, after much wear, they shift twice rather than once. Really annoying when coming into a corner too if you shift down once more than you wanted to - you could end up looking at where you came from. This is really frustrating and if there was some double-shift detection option it would be very much appreciated. I hope this wouldn't be too hard to code.

Also would help Microsoft wheel users

+1, though this may be something that has 0 relevance
Even my momo Racing has started to do that with the shifter knob, they used to be tight, but now they are loosing off and I'm starting to double upshift.
Quote from detail :In the translation, I've noticed "can't reset because of ..." and "it would cause yellow flag". Hm, does it mean "there is somebody who'd see yellow flag"? (consequently, it's possible to reset if there are no cars coming?)

Yes, this is for a reset function I've coded but can't include yet because it's incompatible. In the next incompatible version, the host can select /canreset=no [that is the default setting] or /canreset=yes. If resetting is allowed then it is basically an arcade option (literally, this is for people who want to run LFS in an arcade or at a show, and don't want first time users stuck in the sand at every corner before they learn where the brake pedal is). It also fixes damage and takes the user out of a sand trap or long grass. This can cause intersecting car issues so I've coded up that safety system.

So... yes, that message means you have pressed reset and the game will not allow you to because you will hit another car / your position would cause a yellow flag for someone else, etc...
Eh, sad. I thought it would come in U17
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG