The online racing simulator
That guy could be a jet pilot maybe. Awesome stuff.
Holy shit! What score did he get, and what's the max score?
Quote from The Very End :Holy shit! What score did he get, and what's the max score?

His score was 16.533, and rightly so he got the gold medal. It is also great to see the other turners cheer him on and applaud him.
First time I've seen all of that together, nice

Quote from The Very End :Holy shit! What score did he get, and what's the max score?

Apparently he got 16.533, difficulty was 7.9 (:O) so it was out of 17.9
Damn, what you gotta do to get 17+ then?! O_o
Quote from The Very End :Damn, what you gotta do to get 17+ then?! O_o

The announcers said that he was a wee bit sloppy in a couple spots.

Apparently.
Quote from The Very End :Damn, what you gotta do to get 17+ then?! O_o

Well his execution score must have been like 8.6, which considering how hard it was (most people's difficulty ratings are like 6-ish) is pretty amazing.

EDIT: I think I've been watching too much gymnastics :hide:
The hell? Got the original scource for a video of that?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsp1jo_batpunch_people

"I asked Nicolas Batum why he hit Juan-Carlos Navarro in the groin. "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop," Batum said.

Told Batum some won't think groin shot is in Olympic spirit. Batum: "Do you think if you lost a game on purpose, that's the Olympic spirit?"

Batum said he believes that Spain tanked final preliminary game against Brazil to face France in quarterfinals."
I saw that live - typical French.
No matter the reason, that is just wrong
Apparently spainards like diving and acting in basketball as much, as they do in football (didn't see the game, just heard this and that).
Quote from Kid222 :Apparently spainards like diving and acting in basketball as much, as they do in football (didn't see the game, just heard this and that).

Yeah they were, but the French were almost as bad. Some of them played for the Barcelona basketball team too so it's clear where it's come from
Hey, we don't need teams to tank so we can win.

Oh wait.
Allez Batum!
Scums deserve that.
Also about Lithuanian game:

(I don't usually lose balls, but when I do, I lose 20. Sarunas Jasikevicius)
Regarding the 'should you play to 110% of your ability no matter what' argument earlier, the Men's Sprint cycling is an interesting one, which I only found out about today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCsRgnPqANM

Ostensibly, it's a 3-lap 1-on-1 cycle race.

However, slipstreaming pays a HUGE part, so while they could just ride as fast as they could for 60 seconds, what would likely happen is one would tuck in behind the other and just use the energy they saved to slingshot past the other as they exit the final corner.

So what you end up with is two very slow laps of 'mind-games' with neither rider committing to the race until they think they've caught the other off-guard. Is it as exciting as a 3-lap dash? I'm undecided. Is it treading the same moral ground as playing a lacklustre game of badminton to make later games easier? Very possibly.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Regarding the 'should you play to 110% of your ability no matter what' argument earlier, the Men's Sprint cycling is an interesting one, which I only found out about today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCsRgnPqANM

Ostensibly, it's a 3-lap 1-on-1 cycle race.

However, slipstreaming pays a HUGE part, so while they could just ride as fast as they could for 60 seconds, what would likely happen is one would tuck in behind the other and just use the energy they saved to slingshot past the other as they exit the final corner.

So what you end up with is two very slow laps of 'mind-games' with neither rider committing to the race until they think they've caught the other off-guard. Is it as exciting as a 3-lap dash? I'm undecided. Is it treading the same moral ground as playing a lacklustre game of badminton to make later games easier? Very possibly.

edit: nvm the rules state the first lap is done above walking pace and then anything goes

Quote from rules or something :Sprint

This is a tactical race over three laps, though only the last 200m is timed. The winner of each race is the first to cross the finish line.

Over the first two laps, the pair utilise the entire track, manoeuvring for the best position to make the final sprint. The first lap must be ridden no slower than walking pace, but after that riders can try anything, from track standing to sprinting. The leading rider must leave room on the right to pass, and cannot cut off a competitor in the sprinter's lane unless they have a clear lead.

I guess they go so slow because when one of the riders decides to go, it will catch the other one off guard and the first rider can have enough of a gap that there isnt a slipstream
The Spanish are the only nation that win Gold for Diving in every event except the Diving.
BMX races are pretty epic, mix between LFS T1 and Moto GP
yay, at least one bronze at beach volleyball
now hoping for some gold (as usual ) at BMX tomorrow..
Woohoo, Norway beated the crap out of South Korea, did not expect that! So saturday it's final!

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG