The online racing simulator
Anyone else think that Spain looked suspiciously poor at the end of the game against Brazil?

(To those that don't follow basketball, basically both Spain and Brazil were definitely through the group stage but whoever lost this game would avoid USA in the semifinal.)
Wohoo at least bronze medal for Lithuania at boxing! Evaldas Petrauskas is a beast! I think he can easily claim the gold
Quote from Kalev EST :Anyone else think that Spain looked suspiciously poor at the end of the game against Brazil?

(To those that don't follow basketball, basically both Spain and Brazil were definitely through the group stage but whoever lost this game would avoid USA in the semifinal.)

Of course they were. Scums, should be DSQed from Olympics.
Is it at the hight as the badmington match?
Quote from tristancliffe :Personally I think gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship should come before anything, even if that means limiting your chances of success. This applies to motorsport (blocking people behind you from overtaking for example), athletics, football, court sports etc etc. "Win at all costs" is such a juvenile mindset.

Agreed... if you are talking about amateur sport.

But professional sport is an entirely different ball game, and you know that. Many athletes are employees who are paid to win. That's their actual job. It isn't to hold up some belief about sportsmanship, or to be gentlemanly. I'd be rather shocked if Fernando Alonso's contract included a clause that said 'at all times sportsmanship must come before anything'.

Of course there are times where an athlete must draw the line. For example, Nelson Piquet at Singapore. But that demonstrates how much pressure some athletes are put under. And as we know about Alonso still regards that as a win. sportsman like or gentlemanly? I don't think so!

Are you seriously suggesting Tristan that if you were being paid millions to race in F1 for a top team and living the dream you wouldn't push the rules on occasion? You wouldn't maybe over-defend a tad if the F1 championship was on the line? Maybe you recognised the car that maybe wasn't entirely legal (questionable at best) but could pass FIA scrutineering... you'd dob in your own team?

The reasons these issues arise is because the Olympics has become a professional sport entity.
Just because it happens in professional sport doesn't make it right. Would the Arnoux/Villeneuve battle have been anywhere near as good if the driver in front had moved off line to block the overtakes? Would <insert suitable football match from the bygone era> have been as good if <insert footballer's name> had fallen to get a penalty? Was Peter Collins WRONG to hand his car over and sacrifice his championship to help Fangio because he felt Fangio deserved it more?

I think professional sport ought to learn some values from amateur sport.
Quote from tristancliffe :Just because it happens in professional sport doesn't make it right. Would the Arnoux/Villeneuve battle have been anywhere near as good if the driver in front had moved off line to block the overtakes? Would <insert suitable football match from the bygone era> have been as good if <insert footballer's name> had fallen to get a penalty? Was Peter Collins WRONG to hand his car over and sacrifice his championship to help Fangio because he felt Fangio deserved it more?

I think professional sport ought to learn some values from amateur sport.

One could argue Fangio's behavior was entirely unsportsmanlike. He took advantage of having a subservient team-mate while other rivals may not have had such a luxury.

And Arnoux/Villeneuve contained some very dirty driving in my opinion -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... =player_detailpage#t=117s - Arnoux tries to ram Villeneuve off and then continues to cut the track. Then Villeneuve just drives straight at the apex when Arnoux was blatantly there and smashed into him, though Arnoux should have already conceded position because he cut the track. But the contact there should have left them both out of the GP. That is far from gentlemanly driving.

So it depends how you view these things.

But if you point is professional sport needs to be more amateur like then fair enough, that's perfectly reasonable.
In the mean time that Grenada lad is rapid
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews : Intrepid is just not worth it :D

Also, Félix Sánchez!

Shame about Isinbayeva though.
Yeah, the Olympics are cool. But it's what's going on after the events that's really interesting.
Oh... and we FINALLY have a local here that can beat the crap out of someone and NOT go to jail for it.
http://www.chron.com/olympics/ ... -boxing-semis-3765620.php
Looks like she'll get the gold too.
Noooo, Norway getting their ass spanked by Brazil...
4 goals difference after 10 mins.

****!
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!
Norway managed to bring a 6 goals under to a 2 goal win!

Brazil: 15 attacks, 1 goal!
I feel sorry for those girls, the cleary whooped ur ass in the first half.
Damn, those matches are way too early for me!

Looks like it was a good watch, grats on the win.
Quote from de Souza :

Also, Félix Sánchez!

Shame about Isinbayeva though.

She was praying before jumping and the god didn't help her. But that Cuban girl, who wasn't expected to even reach semis got silver! Great!
^ lol!

And congratulation to us (Norway) for the first olympic gold! Eirik Verås Larsen won the K1 1000 meter final.

Still, a long way to go
That isn't even hard to pronounce
**** Jasikevicius...

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG