The online racing simulator
I can't think of any summer Olympic sports that I find interesting, to be honest.

The BMX is alright. Is there any downhill mountain biking? That'd be worth watching, potentially.

Of course, the winter games aren't much better. Only sports I like there are the bobsledding and skeleton, and ice hockey. Some of the snowboarding is ok, too.
Quote from MAGGOT :I can't think of any summer Olympic sports that I find interesting, to be honest....
Of course, the winter games aren't much better.

You're not a sport-person then.
Quote from MAGGOT :I can't think of any summer Olympic sports that I find interesting, to be honest.

The BMX is alright. Is there any downhill mountain biking? That'd be worth watching, potentially.

Of course, the winter games aren't much better. Only sports I like there are the bobsledding and skeleton, and ice hockey. Some of the snowboarding is ok, too.

there will be all kinds of cycling but IDK bout downhill. BMX probably will the most interesting though, the Beijing course was pretty cool.
Quote from MAGGOT :I can't think of any summer Olympic sports that I find interesting, to be honest.

No downhill unfortunately, got mountainbiking but usually nothing like the world series. Sort of like a preschool mountain biking course.

I'm personally waiting for the 'twat' event.

1 summer sport you like and 4 winter sports you like and still winter games are not better then summer games You need to explain me that^^
Quote from TFalke55 :1 summer sport you like and 4 winter sports you like and still winter games are not better then summer games You need to explain me that^^

I said 'not much better,' because it's not. That's 4 sports I like out of how many in the whole thing? Pretty poor showing
Quote from Crashgate3 :I've just found that between all the hollow corporate hype and the media all but ordering that "100% of everyone, with no exceptions IS looking dizzyingly forward to what will be the culmination of achievement of the human race, nay, the universe" has left me so sick of the actual event I can't wait until it's over.

While I won't deny I do enjoy watching the games (I am into sport performance), I'm with you on this.

It's one big giant con-job. It's costing the UK at least £10Bn + hidden costs. (more like £20bn)... and you would expect the great, the magnificent British Media to actually question this.. and they've done **** all. Even the BBC, so-called 'savior' of British Culture, is in on it.

The reports of it being worth £15bn to the UK economy is bullshit too to cover the fact it's losing everyone money. You pay taxes so some rich ballbags can sit in a giant stadium sucking each other off and the general public sit their lapping it up like expectant vaginas.
Quote from TexasLTU :Thats why I didn't mentioned swimming or anything else.

Well. Actually speaking about swimming, we got some olympic champions in swimming, but the fact is - those medals were achieved under CCCP.
Quote from MAGGOT :I said 'not much better,' because it's not. That's 4 sports I like out of how many in the whole thing? Pretty poor showing

Well the ratio is much higher:

Summer Games 1 of 39
Winter Games 4 of 15

You like 2,5% of the Summer Games, but 26,7% of the Winter Games

The womens heptathlon usually has attractive women. Although Kelly Sotherton isn't competing in this olympics. Jessica Ennis is quite foxy but she's no Kelly Sotherton.
Quote from Intrepid :You pay taxes so some rich ballbags can sit in a giant stadium sucking each other off and the general public sit their lapping it up like expectant vaginas.

haha, this is the best thing you have ever said
I think its funny how nobody says a thing about all the military personal active at the games, but when Germany for one second thought about employing a handful of soldiers at the WM 2006 everyone hold their breath

is BMX at the games for the first time?
#38 - troy
Pretty sure Beijing was giving out the first BMX Olympic medals
Quote from ACCAkut :I think its funny how nobody says a thing about all the military personal active at the games, but when Germany for one second thought about employing a handful of soldiers at the WM 2006 everyone hold their breath

is BMX at the games for the first time?

Well it was pretty heavily discussed first because it was Germany, second because it was against the constitution which forbids military missions on German territory exept for the defense situation, a catastrophe or training on military restricted areas.

With Britain being a nuclear force and having different set of laws, the forces of the kingdom may even install missiles and place soldiers on other person's private ground. The court deemed it legal today.

Quote from troy :Pretty sure Beijing was giving out the first BMX Olympic medals

Yes. French Anne-Caroline Chausson and Laetitia LeCorguille won gold and silver, US-girl Jill Kinter got bronze also Latvian Māris Štrombergs won the gold medal with the US-boys Mike Day and Donny Robinson getting silver and bronze.
Bad news for the pervs....I mean spectators amongst us, Voula Papachristou has been sent home for being a bit racist it seems allegedly*

*I say allegedly as I've not seen the tweet which has caused her to be expelled by the Greeks.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Bad news for the pervs....I mean spectators amongst us, Voula Papachristou has been sent home for being a bit racist it seems allegedly*

*I say allegedly as I've not seen the tweet which has caused her to be expelled by the Greeks.

See attached.

It apparently translates to “With so many Africans in Greece… At least the West Nile mosquitoes will eat home made food!!!”
Attached images
images.watchit.gr.jpeg
The Olympic Games started!
Quote from TFalke55 :a catastrophe

im pretty sure dropping out in the semis on home turf is a veritable catastrophy of apocalyptical proportions
lol
Want to screw something up big style......give it to the Scots

:wtf2:
Epic fail when Olympics start just before the actual opening... (facepalm) *talkin' about women's football*
Quote from seniecka :Epic fail when Olympics start just before the actual opening... (facepalm) *talkin' about women's football*

This has been the norm for a good while. In the 1956 Melbourne games, the equestrian events were held six months before the opening of the games (in Sweden!)
Watched Japan - Canada and Deeperk - Colombia, decent matches and there were some standout players. Shame about the flag cock-up, one would have thought to pay extra attention considering that NK managed to get this far. We should be glad the olympics aren't being held in the Midlands.
Quote from Shotglass :im pretty sure dropping out in the semis on home turf is a veritable catastrophy of apocalyptical proportions

Due to German burocracy it would have taken 3 years for the parliament to move the troops, before the surpreme court deemed the explanaition why the troops are moved illegal. With other catastrophes like the floods in Eastern Germany it was like "we know that water is coming in 14 days, let's move the troops there in 15 days"

Quote from seniecka :Epic fail when Olympics start just before the actual opening... (facepalm) *talkin' about women's football*

I randomly picked the 1952 Olympiad in Helsinki. The Games started on July 19th, the football tournament however started on July 15th. The problem is that in football you can only play every third day so you have two days off in between of two matches. With a tournament of the size of the UEFA EURO but only a 3 week Olympiad some first round matches have to be scheduled before the opening ceremony.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Shame about the flag cock-up, one would have thought to pay extra attention considering that NK managed to get this far.

There was a time where North and South Korean olympians were entered under a united flag (thus collecting medals for different contries) and even were introduced in the opening ceremony under one flag.
Quote from TFalke55 :
There was a time where North and South Korean olympians were entered under a united flag (thus collecting medals for different contries) and even were introduced in the opening ceremony under one flag.

Yes, once, and they used a different flag for it, not South Korea's.

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG