The online racing simulator
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :This has got nothing to do with Intrepid's argument.

Several athletes come to the games under pressure to win gold at the risk of losing what little sponsorship they have managed to find. That's why they drug themselves, that's why they try and find shortcuts to ensure they get the best possible result.

Your workplace analogy would more accurately represent Intrepid's arguments had you posed the following question: "would you cheat at work to ensure your bosses are happy with the results, if you knew that you'd risk being left unemployed for the next four years if you failed to fulfill their expectations", to which the most common answer would be "yes".

I don't believe that is representative of the human condition. Also, you wouldn't be left unemployed for four years. Athletes can go and get a job if they are failures in sport, like all you other lazy cowardly cheats who would answer "yes" to your question.

You're much more likely to be left unemployed for four years if you're an athlete that cheats by taking drugs.

Drugs do not make up for physical inabilities - they make up for mental ones such as lack of desire and inability to control fear of losing.
Talking about ranking stats differently, Scotland would be 6th in the medal table if they were seperate from GB. Not saying they should be, but quite interesting. They have got 10 of the 37 medals of team GB despite only making up 10% of the squad.

Drugs and doping are terrible for Athletics, but who doesn't want to see a Dope 100M final with the winner running it in 7 seconds.
Quote from DeKo :Talking about ranking stats differently, Scotland would be 6th in the medal table if they were seperate from GB. Not saying they should be, but quite interesting. They have got 10 of the 37 medals of team GB despite only making up 10% of the squad.

And apparently Yorkshire would be 7th

Quote from DeKo :Drugs and doping are terrible for Athletics, but who doesn't want to see a Dope 100M final with the winner running it in 7 seconds.

Quote from The Very End :Haha, Norway got ass-whoped in the handball match today, uff!
If we don't pull the shit togheter we'll not even reach the semi's

I honestly hope you don't!
Handball seems like such a shit sport, take all the worst bits of football and *spit* rugby and combine them into 1 pointless sport.
Quote from DeKo :Handball seems like such a shit sport, take all the worst bits of football and *spit* rugby and combine them into 1 pointless sport.

Quote from de Souza :I honestly hope you don't!

Well, they will meet your country next match, so it's going to be interesting

Quote from DeKo :Handball seems like such a shit sport, take all the worst bits of football and *spit* rugby and combine them into 1 pointless sport.

Nothing beats the pussy sport football lol! "Oh, he slightly touched me, I got to fall horrible and pretend that I am really hurt".
So again, football is filled with wankers and ballerinas.

If you want propper sport, with propper people, look at ice hookey. If someone does the shit they do at football (making scenes, trying to lie), the crowd will start buuuuuu-ing them out.

So conclussion to this flamebait, football is the shitsport
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I don't believe that is representative of the human condition. Also, you wouldn't be left unemployed for four years. Athletes can go and get a job if they are failures in sport, like all you other lazy cowardly cheats who would answer "yes" to your question.

I suggest you stop watching motorsport immediately then, but you won't. Who's the coward?

btw I didn't condone cheating, I just said you do all you possibly can to win. If it means upsetting a few people and their childish view of the world then so what? Slightly push the rules or spend the rest of your life stacking shelves? Easy easy easy easy answer. And don't fortget some sportsman's success may be the difference between their whole sport getting funding. It's not JUST about them and their own success. But of course you wouldn't see that, you don't and never wil understand the pressures some of these guys face,
TVE, you have never seen or played a Scottish game of football. Maybe in the SPL you get the odd bit of acting, but guaranteed if someone starts acting up, 2 minutes later he will have something to actually complain about. The football I play every sunday (actually play twice on a sunday) definitely doesn't have any of this shit going on, we just have a proper game of football.

Ice Hockey is bullshit too, it's a fight where a game of hockey occasionally breaks out. If I wanted to watch a fight I would watch boxing or UFC, not some arseholes on ice throwing a couple of shit punches.
Quote from The Very End :Well, they will meet your country next match, so it's going to be interesting

Nothing beats the pussy sport football with Barcelona lol! "Oh, he slightly touched me, I got to fall horrible and pretend that I am really hurt".
So again, football is filled with wankers and ballerinas such as Dani Alves or Pedro.

Slightly fixed.
Quote from DeKo :TVE, you have never seen or played a Scottish game of football. Maybe in the SPL you get the odd bit of acting, but guaranteed if someone starts acting up, 2 minutes later he will have something to actually complain about. The football I play every sunday (actually play twice on a sunday) definitely doesn't have any of this shit going on, we just have a proper game of football.

Ice Hockey is bullshit too, it's a fight where a game of hockey occasionally breaks out. If I wanted to watch a fight I would watch boxing or UFC, not some arseholes on ice throwing a couple of shit punches.

I must admit I have not watched a Scottish match no, but by the sound of what you say it seems like you people at least have propper set of balls, and not these wankers that falls around playing a **** drama on the field

Quote from TexasLTU :Slightly fixed.

Haha
#288 - CSF
Quote from DeKo :TVE, you have never seen or played a Scottish game of football. Maybe in the SPL you get the odd bit of acting, but guaranteed if someone starts acting up, 2 minutes later he will have something to actually complain about. The football I play every sunday (actually play twice on a sunday) definitely doesn't have any of this shit going on, we just have a proper game of football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0
The ****?
Quote from CSF :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0

Well done you found the 1 example which he got absolutely slaughtered for. Lafferty is scum, a shit footballer and I hated every second he ever played for the Gers, and he rightly got serious abuse for that and never did it again. Shall I dig up the videos of Celtic being diving cheating bastards aswell then? Guaranteed you'll find more from they ****s than from Rangers.

He's not Scottish anyway, so he doesn't count. Right enough, neither are Celtic.
#291 - CSF
You can if you want, that's not really of my concern. This is just the ultimate example of diving, has nothing to do with who it was really.

Though, your point about Lafferty is spot on, probably the best thing to come out of the last few months for you guys is him being gone.
Was watching the sailing on BBC3 as there was nothing better on, Belgian girl takes silver and guy in crowd gets interviewed - "****ing amazing" he says, twice
Quote from Intrepid : It's not JUST about them and their own success. But of course you wouldn't see that, you don't and never wil understand the pressures some of these guys face,

You don't know anything about me.
I don't think it would be good for anybody involved in a national sport if the competitors were seen to be unsportsmanlike, or worse; cheats, by the public. By pushing the limits you're gambling the reputation of the entire sport on your success, at both winning, but primarily at "getting away with it".

I know Intrepid has said he does not condone cheating, and I agree with him to an extent that "winning is everything" but there is a line. Hiding behind the argument that you might have lost your funding would not diminish a selfish act such as doping. Anybody doing that is jeopardising not only their own future in the sport, but the lives of everybody associated with them, and even the future of the sport itself. Nothing selfless about that.

The badminton match throwers have done nothing good at all for their sport.
Quote from Intrepid :I know you're not an Olympic athlete.

And neither are you, so your argument can also be dismissed.
Personally I think gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship should come before anything, even if that means limiting your chances of success. This applies to motorsport (blocking people behind you from overtaking for example), athletics, football, court sports etc etc. "Win at all costs" is such a juvenile mindset.
Quote from tristancliffe :Personally I think gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship should come before anything, even if that means limiting your chances of success. This applies to motorsport (blocking people behind you from overtaking for example), athletics, football, court sports etc etc. "Win at all costs" is such a juvenile mindset.

We'v had out differences through the years, but you summed it perfectly up what I was trying - but horrible failed at saying righ Tristan, thank you
Quote from Intrepid :I know you're not an Olympic athlete.

whereas you with your extensive experience in kiddie gokarts fully understand an athletes concerns
Quote from tristancliffe :Personally I think gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship should come before anything

Well said.

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG