The online racing simulator
The guys who have added me on PSN, can you tell me which car/s you have and will use and I'll update the list with your names? I can send you the car if you don't have it.

Road

Honda CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79 (LineR32)
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '91
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '92
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '93
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) ’00 (lukelfs)
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '04 (Kid222)
Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08 (Crash, Ronin GT)

Race

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 (DejaVu)
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87 (Anthoop)

I'll only need 1 each of the Honda EG, EK (RM excluded) and EP models, preferably without GT Auto spoilers/wings.

Thanks for the list DejaVu.

Can you also tell me when you'll be available and at what time? I've got until the 20th to get this pic entered.

Updated the list with drivers and took out the cars that aren't needed.
I have:-
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87

I am online most evenings and weekends.
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '98
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '04

I have these + maybe some i missed. I'm available almost anytime in reasonable EU times.
I have most of them, probably missed a few.

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) ’00
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '04
Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87

I'll take the Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) ’00

I'm online in the evenings and weekends, so when ever you need me tbh.
My PSN is oOoJACKSONoOo Upper and lower case letter O

I've got the Gathers Drider Civic, i'm on whenever needed. Maybe a post on here a day or so in advance so people can get prepared, then you won't have to msg people one by one in PSN.
I've updated the list. I'm gonna try and round up a couple more of the guys from Ronin and I'll wait and see if Troy is still up for this.

I'll sort a date and time when the list is complete.
Please be advised, update 2.06 is now out.

Among the long list of changes, the only important ones are:
  • Improved FFB for wheels (documented)
  • Tweaked physics (undocumented)
The result is:
  • FANTASTIC
The improved FFB fixes all my complaints about GT5's FFB. It feels way way way more natural. The forces build more naturally. The wheel does not unwind in a weird way like it used to. It's less springy. More hydraulic feeling than the electric rack in a F30 3-series (...lol). I also feel less gear lash than before. The wobbling on center issue is gone.

Whatever it was they did with the physics has resulted in much improved behaviour in the way the tires bite in oversteer situations. It is FAR more progressive now than before. There is more area to play in. Snap back / tankslapper is much reduced (BETTER). Combined with the FFB improvements it is a win win win.
Sounds good. Now they just need to release a BRZ and I'll be happy.

...and custom paintscheme options.
Just gave the update a go, defiantly feels better to drive. But I still cannot feel what the tyres are doing - other than using the visuals as a guide.. there is no light feeling on the FFB at all
Finally moved the PS3 out of the living room because of the update and it does indeed feel like a brand new game I'm playing, it is still no lfs of course but I can now push without fishtailing all over the place. Even caught myself smiling every now and then, if your PS3 is gathering dust somewhere it is worth trying it again.
Steering wheel lighten with understeer? I still don't believe that as a real phenomenon.
I don't believe that a Canadian who presumably encounters snow at least once a year has never experienced understeer, unless a) you don't have a licence or b) you never sat in a car without (or a good) power steering...
Yes in fact I do have a lot of experience in snow. In a variety of cars. Last 6 years of which in a 2400lb RWD vert that doesn't even have ABS. So you can choose to believe that I personally have not experienced a noticeable lightening of steering effort when understeering, or ignore it.

As a point of reference I find that the effect in NKP is hugely exaggerated and I have never experienced anything of that sort in a real car. Not even in snow, which to be honest is not where I would expect it to be most pronounced.
Quote from Mattesa :Steering wheel lighten with understeer? I still don't believe that as a real phenomenon.

It's more of not actually being in the car so the FFB from the front wheels (especially on a FWD car) is lacking - at least compared to other sims.
What you lose while understeering is feedback, not overall force. I guess, to an inexperienced driver it can feel like a loss of overall force, but hook a torquemeter to the steeringrack and you'll see what I mean.
Quote from atledreier :What you lose while understeering is feedback, not overall force. I guess, to an inexperienced driver it can feel like a loss of overall force, but hook a torquemeter to the steeringrack and you'll see what I mean.

It really has nothing to do with real life tbh, it's more about when driving in other sims the force feedback is just a lot better overall.

In GT5 it just feels like a solid force on the wheel the whole time when driving no matter what the tyres are doing.
Then I think you are doing it wrong, sir.

I feel pretty much anything the car is doing. Depends on car, though. Sme cars are much better than others.
Quote from atledreier :Then I think you are doing it wrong, sir.

I feel pretty much anything the car is doing. Depends on car, though. Sme cars are much better than others.

Right.. enlighten me on how I am 'doing it wrong'

I'm using a G25 and all I really feel through the wheel is the weight of the car. When ever it understeers I feel the exact same force through the wheel as it not understeering.

Nothing is telling me other than visuals what is happening to the car/tyres.. It just feels really plain and there is pretty much no feedback to the wheel unlike other sims..
Kid and I decided it's time to do some online session again, I will start my host in a few minutes if anyone cares to join us.
Quote from troy :Kid and I decided it's time to do some online session again, I will start my host in a few minutes if anyone cares to join us.

I'll join you in about 20 mins, got my dinner
Damn, that was exhausting. Vote for repeating, good fun it was. Hopefully next time more people join us.
Would have joined but saw this just now
Quote from Kid222 :Damn, that was exhausting. Vote for repeating, good fun it was. Hopefully next time more people join us.

Haha, a shame I went AFK and forgot I was in the lobby still, only got two races

The Yellow bird on sport hards was so slidey haha.. was funny when I jumped past you both
So, there must be some more LFS'ers still interested in playing GT5 every now and then, what about some biweekly get together maybe on Wednesdays? Do some shuffle racing or whatever, I should have enough bandwidth for a full Server if needed.
i can try but cant use wheel on gt5. no where to put it on. so using ds3 against everyone might not work

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG