The online racing simulator
Does anyone do remote B-spec races? If yes, please add Kid282 and use my drivers, i need some help with B-spec leveling, it's real pain in the arsch.
I know B-spec is one of the most pointless things in this game imo, just artificially stretching game durability... but any help is welcome!
Quote from sinbad :I think there's as much difference between the good premium cars and the bad, as there is between the premium and the standard cars. Lots of standard cars are easily as good as the premiums imho, and a few premiums seem bizarre to me.

I think the Merc 190E 2.5 16 is a pretty good "standard" car, the Spoon Street S2000 as well looks really good. The Merc is reallly nice to drive as well. Very swoopy.
I'm loving the MG TF 160 atm, but it understeers a bit too much for my liking on slower bends. Any setup tips?
Super stiff rear suspension :P
Just finished playing GT5 back to back with Enthusia. Track was Tsukuba. Cars were Mk2 MX5 (Enthusia's star car), Nissan 350Z (more powerful RWD), and NSX-R (MR representative).

A few comparisons for fun...

Graphics: Well, what do you think...? And Enthusia looked particularly bad without the help of a CRT TV to nicely blur away the low res. The surprise is how accurate proportioned Enthu's car models are. The MX5 for example is better than GT5's IMO.

Car Sounds: GT5 is technically better but Enthu's cars seem to sound more true to life and more characterful. Extra points as well considering Enthu is almost 6 years older.

Force Feedback: I give it to Enthu. It feels more natural and corresponds more naturally to what the car is doing. There's no weirdness. Reminds me of LFS a lot. GT5's FF is more lively but doesn't communicate oversteer as well. GT5 has weirdness when it comes to steering-wheel-returning-to-centre-after-countersteering-for-oversteer, as well as other weirdness that I don't want to bother typing out.

A word about throttle response: Enthusia has horrible throttle response. Nothing seems to happen until about 75% making every car feel like it has some sort of turbo lag. It's a major major major buzz kill.

Before I say anything about how the cars drive, I need a bit more time with both. Enthusia is stacking up pretty well so far.
Enthusia's programmer for physics was hired to work on GT5, and you can notice a few touches here and there.
So I finally got GT5 after years of owning a PS3.
I even brought my G25 from the basement to give it a real good try.

After about two hours I plugged the wheel into my laptop and fired up LFS. I've been playing two hours every day since. Really renewed my love for the FZ5.

So I guess, thanks GT5?

Disclaimer:
GT5 is actual fun on the PS-controller. I had good fun doing a 1-hour stint on the Nordschleife with a full day/night-cycle and weather ranging from dry to wet and back to dry again. And I really like generating a random track and driving it for some 30 minutes until I get bored.

Vain
Decided to do some GT5 seasonals today. BMW 2002 turbo is most awesome thing ever on the tight and twisty london circuit. Just pure awesomeness. Very controllable corner exits no matter if you floor it or just try to get a nice four wheel drift going. Definitely recommend checking that car out! For the 500pp race just install all the bits except leave the diff as it is. Sports medium or hard tires don't remember which and you need to really nail it to beat that nsx.
I'd love to see more fixed car TTs. Like they one they did with the GT86. Having to run obscure non-premium cars because that's what's fastest isn't as satisfying.

And love how easy it is do DL the leader's replay and do telemetry comparison.

Also like to add, that contrary to my earlier posts, my relationship with GT5 has flourished and I'm really loving how it drives. Physics do feel adequately nuanced, cars feel supremely distinct, and the bite feel of the tires remind of real.
I would love to have more challenging (or if not, then none) B-Spec events. I have 3 cars which have always success and only events, which were almost brutally hard, were Lemans in rain and Spa in the same conditions around christmas.

In the latest ones is one quite hard though (650PP), but not because of good car choice. It's those dumb AI's, who are pretending, that there are no walls in Monaco and are getting stuck in them. Race lasts around 15 minutes and it took me around 10 tries, before my LMP1 Audi R8 (downtuned), got it right.
Almost bit my controller in half there.
anyone going to commit to gt acadamy? im thinked to do it seriously try hard , see if i do good

link
Didn't realiase it was on again - will check it out
Stupid restrictions, even Poland has it, but nooo, CZ is probably full of drunk drivers in eyes of japanese.
Quote from Kid222 :Stupid restrictions, even Poland has it, but nooo, CZ is probably full of drunk drivers in eyes of japanese.

What, it isn't? :O
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What, it isn't? :O

I hope not! I barely hear about 50 cases of 5°% drunk driving/year. Is that too much?

Does anybody know if you can mix steering wheels/pedals in GT5? For example the G25 wheel + Clubsport pedals + TH8 Rs shifter?
Quote from NitroNitrous :Does anybody know if you can mix steering wheels/pedals in GT5? For example the G25 wheel + Clubsport pedals + TH8 Rs shifter?

I'm pretty sure you can only use the G25 pedals and shifter.
GT Academy is not available here, but I have a US account, so I was able to download it from the US PS3 shop, works fine

It's cool you can see all your friend's times
Anyone raced the Caterham kit car on GT5? How does it feel?
Worth getting gt5 for?
Quote from anttt69 :Anyone raced the Caterham kit car on GT5? How does it feel?
Worth getting gt5 for?

No.
It's a bit heavy feeling, imo.
Considering you can get GT5 for less than ten pounds now, though, it's certainly worth buying if you already have a ps3. Just don't expect too much.
Imho gt5 for online racing. Forza4 for offline racing.

Gt5 has lots of servers and it is relatively easy to find good races at almost any time. But as a game it is very incomplete, weird and lacking and for offline racing it is just so not worth it. If you have xbox and want a racing game get forza4 instead. If you plan to race online and don't care about the game aspect then gt5 is better as forza4 is wreckfest.

Obviously you need a fanatec wheel to play with wheel on forza so that may be the deciding factor for you (if forza was even a choise ).

Edit: I just answered a question that wasn't asked...
Quote from Hyperactive :Imho gt5 for online racing. Forza4 for offline racing....

I've been planning to buy GT5 and the PS3 just to cruise around different tracks with my favorite cars. Isn't it a good game for that? I know neither of them is a proper sim but Forza feels just too arcadish...
Quote from sinbad :No.
It's a bit heavy feeling, imo.
Considering you can get GT5 for less than ten pounds now, though, it's certainly worth buying if you already have a ps3. Just don't expect too much.

im confused , you say No. but then comment on how it handles?
Does it compare to the LFS caterham in any way?
Quote from anttt69 :im confused , you say No. but then comment on how it handles?
Does it compare to the LFS caterham in any way?

I mean no in answer to your last question.

It's not worth getting gt5 just for the Caterham Fireblade. It doesn't quite feel light, responsive and immediate in the way a 7 should, imo. But if you already have a ps3 definitely get gt5, it's enjoyable enough, and certain car/track combos are excellent, but the physics won't wow you if you know better.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG