The online racing simulator
That's how most real life project cars are worked on too heh.
Quote from Daffyflyer :Oh yeah, that vid is super old, we've done loads since then, but it is still amusing to watch us build a car after a few too many beers

Hey wait, you are one of the developers/beta testers?
Quote from Sobis :Hey wait, you are one of the developers/beta testers?

You serious? Check post #10; he's a developer.
Quote from Bose321 :You serious? Check post #10; he's a developer.

I didn't read the thread, only 1st post and last page
More work on the engine designer! New features showcased in this video include

New Sounds (Backfire, Starter Motor, Pinging, Rev-Limiter)
Choose a Fuel Type to run the engine on.
More detailed Fuel and Ignition Tuning
Engine Failure due to Pinging.
Nicer Rocker Covers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=pq4phzJR0U4
Over the past few weeks we've been working on adding Scenarios to the Engine Designer.

These short missions task you with designing or redesigning engines to certain specifications and restrictions, and I must say, even for us they're actually a lot of fun and some of them are quite challenging!

There is also some pretty new UI stuff that I've been working on, and a variety of art updates and gameplay tweaks!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gYXeax-Ef08
Wow and I wanted to ask for a report about 30 mins ago
How's the UI? Is it intuitiev and easy to get into or something you have to sit and chip away at?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :How's the UI? Is it intuitiev and easy to get into or something you have to sit and chip away at?

We reckon its pretty easy to learn, but we're still working on improving it further
Quote from Daffyflyer :We reckon its pretty easy to learn, but we're still working on improving it further

You guys are doing an amazing job in a record speed!
It could be fun if we could tweak the car body shape and do some crash testing as well.
Err. you CAN tweak the car body shape, watch more of our videos :P
Yes but I was talking about tweaking the body shape and materials and construction and then doing crash testing. Like the NCAP thing. Basically the uglier the car the more the crash test people like it. Which in turn could help to sell the car to people who really like thick doors and A-pillars.
Quote from Hyperactive :Yes but I was talking about tweaking the body shape and materials and construction and then doing crash testing. Like the NCAP thing. Basically the uglier the car the more the crash test people like it. Which in turn could help to sell the car to people who really like thick doors and A-pillars.

Yeah, it won't quite be that advanced, but different base bodies will have different safety ratings, and you will most likely be able to have allu/carbon fiber panels
I am so impressed with this game, I've been keeping up to date with everything they're doing.

They're taking pre-orders now. I'd suggest everyone subscribe to their youtube too
Finally what we've all been waiting for

I skipped to the end first
Good luck with this. I'll certainly be supporting you on your development.
Quote from comment on Youtube :
but we are aiming to have a Car exporter, to allow you to export cars into other games.

It would be so awesome if you would some how cooperate with LFS developers and make Car exporter compatible with LFS!
Heads up folks! Those of you who have preordered will be able to play in < 10 hours!
And here is a video of our lead beta tester doing a playthough of one of the demo scenarios (there are some scenarios in the engine designer demo, to give you something to play with!) - http://youtu.be/laEyYJeK7fE
Quote from Daffyflyer :Heads up folks! Those of you who have preordered will be able to play in < 10 hours!

If only I did not forget to pre-order.
Gonna preorder it once I get my hands on my bro's credit card

Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
(308 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG