The online racing simulator
:|.
Well, at least someone is going to buy it
i bet this game is going to go really well. i keep checking out the website for news and updates woo. good game.
any news?
wanna give it a try
I'm getting so impatient for this..
Not much news yet, best thing to do is keep an eye on our website
Quote from Daffyflyer :Not much news yet, best thing to do is keep an eye on our website

You just said there is no news, why go to the site then?
He used some pretty important keywords you seemed to have missed.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :You just said there is no news, why go to the site then?

Because when there IS news it will be there, so if you check it now and then, you'll see the news when its posted
okay, so I tried logging into the forums and i forgot my password, no biggie. *clicks forgot password* 'The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found.' ? so how did i sign up for the beta test...ok, no biggie again ill just register right? 'The entered e-mail address is already in use.' what?

meh..Looking awesome by the way , really looking forward to making real engines.
Quote from Ricerguy :okay, so I tried logging into the forums and i forgot my password, no biggie. *clicks forgot password* 'The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found.' ? so how did i sign up for the beta test...ok, no biggie again ill just register right? 'The entered e-mail address is already in use.' what?

meh..Looking awesome by the way , really looking forward to making real engines.

Send me an email so I remember to get that fixed - Automation@automationgame.com
Willl there ever be the ability to test the cars? Or even just stress test the engines?
yet again missed out on the beta test, i'm really wanting to try this! :P
Ripped straight off our website but

- "Being able to drive your cars -
If we ever do this, we want to do it properly, and build a top quality simulator.
This is hard and expensive to do, so will only happen if we are very successful."

You can watch the engines being tested and hide parts so you can see the internals working.

Once we finish the car designer, you'll also be able to watch cars getting tested too
Quote from Daffyflyer :Ripped straight off our website but

- "Being able to drive your cars -
If we ever do this, we want to do it properly, and build a top quality simulator.
This is hard and expensive to do, so will only happen if we are very successful."

You can watch the engines being tested and hide parts so you can see the internals working.

Once we finish the car designer, you'll also be able to watch cars getting tested too

Yea, I wouldn't mind just spectating the car being driven, as long as the sounds are good and the animations aren't like C&C turning on a dime, will it be possible to impliment manual throttle control for engine testing though? And will there be engine sounds ? If so, will they be specificly individual to the engine format?
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, I wouldn't mind just spectating the car being driven, as long as the sounds are good and the animations aren't like C&C turning on a dime, will it be possible to impliment manual throttle control for engine testing though? And will there be engine sounds ? If so, will they be specificly individual to the engine format?

There are some engine sounds recorded from a miata.
It may sound okay, but I'd rather have informative/calculated sounds.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :There are some engine sounds recorded from a miata.
It may sound okay, but I'd rather have informative/calculated sounds.

Yea that's what I was inferring.
It'd probably be easy enough to manually control the throttle, but wouldn't have much gameplay purpose - would be mildly amusing though.

Sound is currently from our sound guy's Astra, but will blend between a wide variety of different sounds depending on the engine setup (mostly intake, cams and exhaust)

We have not recorded the Miata yet, but looking forward to that one as it sounds pretty angry (my Miata!) :P
Oh, plus of course there will be specific sounds for each engine configuration, i4, v6, v8 etc etc.
Quote from Daffyflyer :Oh, plus of course there will be specific sounds for each engine configuration, i4, v6, v8 etc etc.

Aslong as i5 engine format sounds good, I won't have that much of a problem with the engine sounds, seems like not many games simulate the 5cylinder growl well enough IMO.
As long as we can find one to record, Im sure we can get a good sound for I5s.

*shameless plug for our sound guy* www.stephanschutze.com
for I5 engines a volvo is your best bet.

Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
(308 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG