The online racing simulator
Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
Quote :
Automation is a Car Company Tycoon game.
Within automation you will take the reigns of a car company and manage it by yourself or with your friends.Starting just after the second world war, the world is rebuilding and they want cars. It will be your job to runa successful car company, competing with either AI or other players towards a variety of different win conditions.To win you will have to design cars from the ground up, designing engines, chassis, suspension and looks to meet various market demands and needs. Produce a large, powerful sedan for the americas, small hatchbacks for the europeans or elitist hypercars for the super rich. These are just a small selection of what you will be able to produce.Will you be able to successfully manage your company through various oil crises, changing consumer demands and ever stricter regulations?
Automation aims to be as technically accurate as possible, designed engines have simulated torque and power curves, emissions and fuel economy values and more. You can design a small efficient supercharged 3 cylinder to a huge, rumbling thirsty naturally aspirated V12. The choice is yours!
Currently we are fairly early in the development, and as we are both working full time at our day jobs, progress is not as quick as it could be, but rest assured, it will come out eventualy and hopefully be enjoyed by you all!

As of right now the demo they will release will be of only a naturally aspirated four cylinder, with forced induction coming shortly after.

http://automationgame.com/
HOLY CRAP.

I was planning for sleep, but I NEED to check this out.

It sounds awesome!

EDIT:
Quote from jayhawk :As of right now the demo they will release will be of only a naturally aspirated four cylinder, with forced induction coming shortly after.

Oh, I misread that. :sadbanana

Should be getting sleep afterall.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :HOLY CRAP.

I was planning for sleep, but I NEED to check this out.

It sounds awesome!

EDIT:

Oh, I misread that. :sadbanana

Should be getting sleep afterall.

Yeah i thought it said the demo was out. I bet we won't hear anything for years and this will drift off into the land of vaporware.
Awesome!

Really hope this works out.
I an guessing there is not a full release yet because I really want to buy this game
:lovies3d:
I want.
I'm not big on engine "tuning" but when suspensions and other stuff are added, I'll be overjoyed.
can you drive them?
Im making this! (and somehow have a forum account from 2004 that I never used... must have been from my LFS playing days)

Anyway, this is what it looks like at the moment - getting close to a demo release.

Also, no you can't drive any cars, we don't have enough manpower to write a full blown car sim!

Also we won't drift off into the land of vapourware, we've invested too much time already, and whilst it might take a while before we are done, rest assured we will eventually be done!
Quote from Daffyflyer :Also we won't drift off into the land of vapourware, we've invested too much time already, and whilst it might take a while before we are done, rest assured we will eventually be done!

Screencapped and archived!

Nah but really, good luck and I hope you can keep up 100% motivation until release day
Quote from Jertje :Screencapped and archived!

I also figure the more I say things like that the more guilty I feel whenever im not working on it
I'm so trying this out when a demo is released.
#14 - senn
Daffy - how'd you go with recording sounds/getting cars to record sounds from? (saw your post for this originally on Toymods AU)

This is coming along awesome man!
I am really really really really interested.
Awesome once more!

Get that demo out!
Want so much...
#19 - 5haz
God knows how I'll get anything done after this is released.
Quote from DevilDare ::gnasher: :chairs:

You look just green with jealous rage right now.

Oh wait..
Quote from Daffyflyer :Im making this! (and somehow have a forum account from 2004 that I never used... must have been from my LFS playing days)

Anyway, this is what it looks like at the moment - getting close to a demo release.

Also, no you can't drive any cars, we don't have enough manpower to write a full blown car sim!

Also we won't drift off into the land of vapourware, we've invested too much time already, and whilst it might take a while before we are done, rest assured we will eventually be done!

cant wait for it to be ready. oh and is there any ideas on how much it will cost ?
Didn't get much recorded yet, still experimenting with our sound guy as to the best way to record things.

Its going to cost around/under $20AUD/12GBP/14EURO
Quote from Daffyflyer :Didn't get much recorded yet, still experimenting with our sound guy as to the best way to record things.

That is a very Ok price for a game that I feel would be really fun to play. I love these sorts of games that you build up a company from nothing and damn this game just tops it off with the thing I love CARS !!!
Quote from Daffyflyer :Didn't get much recorded yet, still experimenting with our sound guy as to the best way to record things.

Oh lawd, my wallet is open already.

Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
(308 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG