The online racing simulator
Quote from Xaid0n :I was just wondering, does the demo get released tomorrow?

well daff said 22th april...so i guess yes?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :aw nice...installing and testing now

For me it didn't work, but I followed this guide to change the DNS settings and now it's downloading the install executable. 350 seconds to go!
Quote from freddyalek90 :For me it didn't work, but I followed this guide to change the DNS settings and now it's downloading the install executable. 350 seconds to go!

didnt work for me either...but does now (without changing a thing).

from the forums:
Quote :There was an issue with file permissions on the remote server right after the demo went live that caused everyone's launchers to crash - it should be fixed now

Yay, downloading now.
Still no signs of the business side though, needs to be indepth and realistic
Cool music.
Like it, quite addictive, but the interface sucks.
And it needs to be scalable across a full screen!

Would like to be able to hit dyno start switch by using the space bar - after a few 100 constant dyno runs my mouse arm starts to feel it
Definitely the UI needs to be properly scalable, everything is all so small at 1920x1200
Very happy that a demo has been released and I think it's great the mods of this title are keeping us updated with teasers. Lovely. Downloading the demo-thingy. Can't wait to give it a try!!
Ok it's all working I love it.
I just can't get the Khazak taxi to work :|
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ok it's all working I love it.
I just can't get the Khazak taxi to work :|

whats the problem?
just make it run pretty rich and finetune compression and such...not much work left on this engine
Lol f%$ck this S2000 engine I cant increase the lifespan on it without losing to much power.
s2000?
pre-ordered? (gonna have to do that too anyway..)
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :whats the problem?
just make it run pretty rich and finetune compression and such...not much work left on this engine

Yeah I got it in the end I watched the online video Tutorials, I got it down pretty good now. I would do too much at once but now I just change one thing at a time, test and continue

But I'm having trouble on the S2000 engine, physically impossible from what I can see - Without forced induction because highly strung NA engines won't last as long. But then s2000 cars don't have forced induction.. I mean I can only barely get it to make the required power but the block is too heavy even though both the block itself and the head are alloy and the lightest materiels elsewhere are used.

I do like the game don't get me wrong but I don't want to pay money until the game is "released" if that makes sense? I would pay a fee (say £10) to pre-order but I'd want more than the engine sim and extra scenarios, I guess there will scenarios like this but for a whole car, not just an engine?

And there are a few bugs which annoy me eg one of the challenges is an emission one, but you physically need a catalytic converter (it's there on the Youtube tutorial by killrob the lead tester) but in the game you don't have the option.
But the in-game explanations are pretty good eg of the moving parts and I like killrob guy on Youtube his voice is quite good and listenable.
That missing cat is apparently a bug, happens to me too! There's supposed to be some way around it by messing with the fuel octanes, haven't had luck yet though.
lol im glad im not the only one with the missing cat problem
cant clear that mission as of now (for me at least...).
The cat often goes missing when people forget to untick leaded fuel. So better double check that option.

Btw, the technology year has an enormous effect on manufacture cost. Some missions go from insanely hard to very easy just by changing the technology year a bit.

Vain
Quote from Matrixi :That missing cat is apparently a bug, happens to me too! There's supposed to be some way around it by messing with the fuel octanes, haven't had luck yet though.

Most likely, the leaded fuel is still selected, it's not ticked though, so that is a bug.
The cat bug should be gone in the latest patch that we're currently testing. For now, if in doubt, tick and untick leaded fuel
We're hard at work on V8 stuff, but in the meantime we're running a developer Q&A

http://youtu.be/c6EfVWs_2_c

Got any questions about Us, Automation, the process of games development, something to do with cars?

Ask away and we'll answer it in an answers video
V8s are out now!

Automation - A Car company Tycoon Game.
(308 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG