The online racing simulator
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :they run on a Need for Speed engine... you think thats gonna be a real simulator?

i thought assettocorsa was developed by the same people as netkar pro?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :they run on a Need for Speed engine... you think thats gonna be a real simulator?

Read more first dude !!

Yeah, the graphics but not the physics
Quote from anbiddulph :i thought assettocorsa was developed by the same people as netkar pro?

He is talking about CARS.

EDIT: Too slow.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Yeah, the graphics but not the physics

Yeah exactly. Do your homework before you talk nonsense CodeLyoko1.
First of all Lfs is by all means a brilliant sim.

BUT

The tyre pyhsics are the major issue, In real life you can push to the limit and understeer oversteer ect & not overheat the tyres BUt on lfs you drive like say Hamilton and you get punished for pushing the limits of grip. which is NOT how racing drivers really drive.. a real racing driver pushes and pushes until he feels the car slide and thats why i get so frustrated with lfs you push and you get (red) tyres

if you ask me the best thing you guys could do is TURN OFF the tyre physics that are already in place if it dont work dont use it at all!!!

I love the sim but you need a real racing driver to test these things NOT A SIM driver!!! only a real racing driver would understand where i am coming from.
TURN OFF? and then?

And that "NFS" is ISI GM2 based...
Quote from SennaSS :First of all Lfs is by all means a brilliant sim.

BUT

The tyre pyhsics are the major issue, In real life you can push to the limit and understeer oversteer ect & not overheat the tyres BUt on lfs you drive like say Hamilton and you get punished for pushing the limits of grip. which is NOT how racing drivers really drive.. a real racing driver pushes and pushes until he feels the car slide and thats why i get so frustrated with lfs you push and you get (red) tyres

if you ask me the best thing you guys could do is TURN OFF the tyre physics that are already in place if it dont work dont use it at all!!!

I love the sim but you need a real racing driver to test these things NOT A SIM driver!!! only a real racing driver would understand where i am coming from.

Yes because hovercrafts with unrealistic grip ftw?
Its the HEAT side of it that should not be in place its patheticly unrealistic ... tyres are not made from BUBBLE GUM

its so poor it not even funny!

I have a friend who got lfs he is a real formula 2 champion himself try out Lfs and he couldnt believe how poor its tyre heat physics were.

Its very poor and im just pointing it out froma real racing drivers point of view.. if you push to the limit you get red hot tyres within laps! which isnt the idea of a sim its meant to be realistic isnt it!?!
Tell me about it! We should definitely turn off tyre physics. You could make almost unlimited g-forces in turns.
How do you TURN off tire physics? Why don't we turn off gravity and fly on brooms? :O
We could be floating xrt's around saturnus and venus!
"Tell me about it! We should definitely turn off tyre physics. You could make almost unlimited g-forces in turns."

See thats the point you as a REAL racing driver you go as fast as you can until you either...YOU:

A)spin
B)leave the track width
C)understeer
D)Oversteer

Tyre heat only really comes in as a product of one of the above ABCD...The Heat settings currently are WAY OUT and it makes the cars undrivable at times and certainly unrealstic
But how are you going to under,- or oversteer when there are no tyre physics?
Your avoiding what i am saying to just be awkward... why be stupid about somthing that we all want to be better and improved .!!

Without CURRENT tyre heat in LFS would in my view be a million times better to race on and enjoy.

Im talking about the heat aspect which come sunder tyre (physics)
Quote from SennaSS :

Tyre heat only really comes in as a product of one of the above ABCD...The Heat settings currently are WAY OUT and it makes the cars undrivable at times and certainly unrealstic

Ya I agree that, its too harsh now, two aggressive laps in FXO/NGT and the tires are cooked, ready to be served But turning off tyre physics=LOL
Quote from SennaSS :Its the HEAT side of it that should not be in place its patheticly unrealistic ... tyres are not made from BUBBLE GUM

its so poor it not even funny!

I have a friend who got lfs he is a real formula 2 champion himself try out Lfs and he couldnt believe how poor its tyre heat physics were.

Its very poor and im just pointing it out froma real racing drivers point of view.. if you push to the limit you get red hot tyres within laps! which isnt the idea of a sim its meant to be realistic isnt it!?!

Got any replays? It'd be at least interesting see how he attacks the game
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :But how are you going to under,- or oversteer when there are no tyre physics?

with bananas?
It has been talked about already iirc. Can't remember the conclusion thought.
Quote from SennaSS :I have a friend who got lfs he is a real formula 2 champion himself try out Lfs and he couldnt believe how poor its tyre heat physics were.

Racing drivers are not the people to speak to when it comes to the detail of physics code. They can only make observations that the most basically trained data engineer can point out. I don't know many racing drivers who even remotely understand the nature of tyre flex... even the experts don't know that much.

Scawan an co are perfectly aware of the errors in tyre behaviour and they could can some effects that emulate reality, but that would be defeating the point of creating the simulator.

They want the simulate to accurately emulate reality rather than cheaply imitate it. That takes a freakin' long time hence the wait for the new physics.

and this

Quote :if you ask me the best thing you guys could do is TURN OFF the tyre physics that are already in place if it dont work dont use it at all!!!

What do you mean by 'turn off' the physics? What on god's green earth do you mean? Turn off the physics lol
He is very similar to hamiltons style attacking corners which is why hamilton is faster than say button...

& as we see this year hamilton had no tyre overheating issues at all bec you can push to the limit thats whats the diff between a great driver and an amazing driver.

if I got hamilton to drive on this sim he would struggle with tyre heat straight away... its not even close to real life. its a shame and i want it improved just like everyone but i fear it will not be right because even the developers dont know whats real are they racers in real life??
Quote from SennaSS :if I got hamilton to drive on this sim he would struggle with tyre heat straight away... its not even close to real life. its a shame and i want it improved just like everyone but i fear it will not be right because even the developers dont know whats real are they racers in real life??

I think I'm losing my mind reading this?

What do you think all the massive delay is about with regard to the new tyres physics? You think these things can be properly emulated easily?
Quote from SennaSS :but i fear it will not be right because even the developers dont know whats real are they racers in real life??

No, they read comic books and that way gets to know about tyre physics.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG