The online racing simulator
Quote from kdo :Sorry, like all think of devs do nothing for lfs, but the tyre isnt the same
So before say its the same, look the picture before.
Dont care the devs do nothing. they only 3 guys. dont care its easy to made a game.

You will see, when S3 will be released, you will be very happy, i and hope you will regret what you say.

The difference I can see in these two images is that one is surface modeled and other is solid modeled. If we dont see goals behind it has not an value for any of us. I think you should have shown something that has a value on first look for someone who isnt actually a dev. A part of car with parts of track in background would make the community to shut up.
S3 now ! or dead ?
we are need !!!

S3 Now !!!
Great to hear something.
A good year to all ...
I hope this new year bring the necessary updates to the LFS we all virtual pilots look forward to some time. I belong to a group of people who believe in the simulator and every day we find people with the simulator discouraged by the lack of updates, tracks and cars. I believe that with these items LFS will become one of the best simulators. Respect the work and commitment of the developers ... But as others look forward to the S3 and other updates.

www.gridlfs.com.br
Who opened the can of Brazilians?
Quote from Bose321 :Who opened the can of Brazilians?

omnomnomnomnom smelly but me like taste.

About progress report and this thread. At first I thought Scawen was just honestly reporting that there was really nothing much (visually impressive) to report and I sort of expected the amount of whining I see here in this thread.

But the more I think about it, the more I believe it's not just honest statement of what was pretty much obvious, but also a prank from Scawen just to show you he's right when he's not doing updates about "I did work this month on that tyre simulation AGAIN" every month or so. Pity, most of you didn't get the joke.

Anyway, if you still don't get it: when the new things will be finished enough to be shown, Scawen will love to do more screens, videos, reports and tease you a bit, then release it. Till then wait. I'm pretty sure he hates the slow pace of progress just as anyone else here, but bashing him for working hard is not helping anyway.
I agree.

One thing I learnt going through my 70 years was, If you can't make a better job than the guy who's doing it, you have no right to criticize.

Patience is a virtue and all good things are worth waiting for.
So by your logic, you're saying that if you're in some fancy restaurant and a cook brings out your meal of exotic fish and pasta and it's all messed up, poorly cooked, you're not allowed to criticize because you can't cook exotic fish?

Again by your logic, imagine you bought a house, and the roof falls off. Because you can't build a house yourself you're not allowed to criticize?

The delusions of an older generation, no offence.
Gentlemen! Would you mind saving your bandwith for more sustainable purposes?
Attached images
seed.JPG
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So by your logic, you're saying that if you're in some fancy restaurant and a cook brings out your meal of exotic fish and pasta and it's all messed up, poorly cooked, you're not allowed to criticize because you can't cook exotic fish?

Again by your logic, imagine you bought a house, and the roof falls off. Because you can't build a house yourself you're not allowed to criticize?

I can surely build a house where roof will hold. But if we talk about car racing simulator... I will rather wait for Scawen. Of course you can chose different response.
Quote from g7usl :I agree.

One thing I learnt going through my 70 years was, If you can't make a better job than the guy who's doing it, you have no right to criticize.

Patience is a virtue and all good things are worth waiting for.

My opinion on your opinions is. If you are making stuff for yourself, then your point stands. This is made for the users, so we are here to critize. Your point fails in every ways.

EDIT: Bloody fanboy fanboy fanboy.

@Hoshimodo, I just got these today also.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So by your logic, you're saying that if you're in some fancy restaurant and a cook brings out your meal of exotic fish and pasta and it's all messed up, poorly cooked, you're not allowed to criticize because you can't cook exotic fish?

But that's not the comparison really is it?

LFS is a very good sim, and at 20 odd quid it's a freakin' bargain. It's still solidly reliable, and while a bit dated, it does the job that it promises to do. Yes if you bought it and it didn't work, there is of course a justification of complaint. LFS isn't some messed up job. It's a brilliant piece of software... still!

What people are doing here isn't 'complaining' about any unreliability in the software or feeling like they are short-changed, everyone here has had 'value for money'.

Because of the nature of forums it does seem to breed this attitude of 'I know better'. It's odd because you wouldn't do it in any other business. Unless of course you have a a habit of waltzing into businesses and telling them how wrong everything is despite receiving excellent value for money.

As a customer you don't have this divine right to tell a business what they should be doing. All the contract you have with the developers is that they provide with the product/service in exchange for money.

And THAT is the delusions of the younger generation.

When the new tyre physics come out they will be brilliant, and everyone will be amazed no doubt, but Christ stop whining. YES we'd all love LFS to go at a 'faster pace' (if that actually means anything) but the developers couldn't have made clearer how they like to do things. Why is it so hard to understand?
Thanks for the progress report, it's nice to know how things are going once in a while!

Keep the good work

Quote from Bose321 :Who opened the can of Brazilians?

:haha:
Quote from JonhyBRA :
Keep the good work

How you know it's any good when you don't know for sure if they have worked on shit at all? Keep on going fanboys..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :How you know it's any good when you don't know for sure if they have worked on shit at all? Keep on going fanboys..

No one else seeing the hypocrisy here?

You're having a go at someone for keeping faith in something. This is a mirror image of your own behaviour. Your belief is that LFS is failing and seem quite keen to impose your un-questioned beliefs on everyone else. You are an 'LFS is failing' fanboy!

And wait just one goddammmm second here. Exactly what is wrong with being enthusiastic about LFS and being a 'fanboy'? It's the LFS forum ffs... you know... where fans of LFS come to chat???

I really feel for the developers sometimes!
Yeah we should all be loving lfs like ppl loved kim jong il in north korea. Epic guy btw.

Rest in peace
Wouldn't mind the occasional teaser pic of the odd interior or random corner of a new track. Would certainly settle a few nerves on this forum.
Quote from Intrepid :No one else seeing the hypocrisy here?

You're having a go at someone for keeping faith in something. This is a mirror image of your own behaviour. Your belief is that LFS is failing and seem quite keen to impose your un-questioned beliefs on everyone else. You are an 'LFS is failing' fanboy!

And wait just one goddammmm second here. Exactly what is wrong with being enthusiastic about LFS and being a 'fanboy'? It's the LFS forum ffs... you know... where fans of LFS come to chat???

I really feel for the developers sometimes!

Yeah but, what would we say when you are having in mind that LFS is superior and untouchable, should not be critized by anybody who hasn't made a simulator by himself. No... that is not an attitude similar to ours.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Yeah we should all be loving lfs like ppl loved kim jong il in north korea. Epic guy btw.

Rest in peace

He would have done a better job of governing the country if he hadn't have sat around faffing around with virtual tyre physics all the time? :doh:
Quote from englishlord :He would have done a better job of governing the country if he hadn't have sat around faffing around with virtual tyre physics all the time? :doh:

Word. You fully understood the point, aren't you something!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Right, so posting screenshots and videos etc is a bad thing to keep community excited? You are so much up to scawen's ass I can't believe it.

Haven't got anything to do with where I'm at/in...

Purely seen... Did it help? Did it overflow the Rfactor servers? No, nothing.. Didn't help shit. So why keep a community excited when the overall tendency is here that it ends in crying/moaning?

It's really comparable to 6-12 year old children constantly asking 'are weeeee thherreeeeee yeetttt daaddd?' ... No still 10 hour drive, shut up. Then you give some stupid DVD movie or Nintendo DS thing ... And after 20 minutes again.... Are weeee thherreeee yetttt? How looonnnng from here?

Then a huge traffic jam which you didn't calculate in and there you have a very annoying overall situation.

Just like that.

Ain't helping.
Atleast they got a date when the beta will be released and ****, they haven't been even a third of the time publically announced compared to LFS patch. A whole new game versus a patch.
And yeah, we haven't been given any dates, and the dates we have been given has been lies. And yes I, and many others would be very satisfied if there was some proof of the content.
Now it's more like what the **** are we waiting for? I need to ask seriously thought, are you little intellectually disabled not to understand this? If so, I won't be arguing with you when it's clearly pointless.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :North Korean press reported a while ago that Kim Jong Il had perfected a tyre model for motorsport simulation in a single morning; having never used a computer before, ever.

That afternoon, he played golf for the first time and played a round in 38 under par.

Can only find a link for golfing feat though

http://www.oobgolf.com/content ... _Golfer_in_the_World.html

xD
Quote from Tomba(FIN) : are you little intellectually disabled not to understand this? If so, I won't be arguing with you when it's clearly pointless.

Yeah EQ/IQ is pretty low... It's really great! :love:
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG