The online racing simulator
Some guys here and devs arent so happy with people whining. I can imagine that its wrong feel but this would never happened if we werent told what we were. I hope next reports will be with some more pictures of what was the goal or so on. If you repost something from t-1 year this will happen.
We were disrespected and I feel like an idiot after report like this. Say the truth and dont be so concrete about time or better dont make a report that is not not concrete about anything and pasted.

I dont want to be so negative but I feel like all my hopes of how lfs would be in years are death. They were near death 3 years ago but now...
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva : Meh
Can't wait for the next procrastination report anytime in December 2012.
It really seems like the Dev's forgot that the test patch forum section is there for a reason.
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for the report, and at same time some feedback to it:

1: The progress report in 2010 and 2011 is... well they are identically (almost). There is some info about the tyre physics aswell as the info about some new stuff. Also, there is one picture, who is releated to the update. However, the whole post, picture and everything smells sooo.. 2010... it feels like a copy/paste work.

2: As others have stated, there is soooooo much more things to the game than the tyre physics. Sure, the physics are the core of the game, but at same time we must not forget everything else. Cars, tracks, improvements to cars / tracks / graphics / calculations, night/day mode, rain, and so on. I hope that the other developers have focused their time on these aspects too, tyre physics alone can't save this game.

3: Please, plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tease us a little, not just throw a text in our face! Do as the BF1 announchment, give a little sneak peak picture, video, a riddle, a quizzzzzz or anything, give us some hope! Atm. there is no hope, the text mentions NOTHING concrete, it's just very open info. We don't know if it takes years, decades or milleniums to finish. I know you hate working with dates, since they can be delayed, but at least give us some hope on this project.

Couldnt have said better myself, specially with point 3.

The physics are taking YEARS, surery theres at least another car or two already finished apart from the Scirocco (there better be), its time to announce it or face the negative consequences. The game is dying and it needs something to be excited about (the physics dont cut it).

Maybe its time to change plan, by the sound of the report, I'm pretty sure the physics the physics are still months and months away.
Quote from The Very End :3: Please, plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tease us a little, not just throw a text in our face! Do as the BF1 announchment, give a little sneak peak picture, video, a riddle, a quizzzzzz or anything, give us some hope! Atm. there is no hope, the text mentions NOTHING concrete, it's just very open info. We don't know if it takes years, decades or milleniums to finish. I know you hate working with dates, since they can be delayed, but at least give us some hope on this project.

Something like "are you packed for some rally?"

Basically the bad news here is,that there is nothing really new now and the good news is,that there is quite a chance to get something new. Someday
21.12.2012 will be my b-day

too bad im already 21 lol
Quote from Eclipsed :Something like "are you packed for some rally?"

Basically the bad news here is,that there is nothing really new now and the good news is,that there is quite a chance to get something new. Someday

If that happens I start to belive in God, seriously!
So, here is my takeaway for this report:

1) Absolutely NOTHING has changed in the tire physics. You didn't confirm that you have managed to work something out that you said wasn't in previous reports. How bad are these freaking physics that you cannot release versions as its updated. I shouldn't need to tell you that the current tire model was implemented and 'perfected' in one patch. This new one doesn't need to be either. Also, I hope to god that these new physics feel a great deal different then the one that is presently in the game cause anything less will be a waster of time over the past three years. Almost NO ONE cares if you manage to figure out how to fix how the tire model works if it only changes the feeling of the game during 1% of gameplay.

2) Eric is still "working" on "new" stuff for S3. However, nothing will be be confirmed. Also, by the way this is written, the Scirocco has been ready yet is being held for absolutely no reason. The game isn't going to be perfect when the next full S2 patch comes so what is the point of holding content from the users that is ready. Only thing that I can say is that I no longer believe in the saying that no news is good news.

Honestly, this is completely pathetic. You wrote this just because you had people complain that nothing happened over the Christmas break and therefore a bunch of people complaining about the state of LFS. Now you send out a useless progress report that will get your fanboys to back you up for another half a year by saying that stuff must be happening cause we are getting progress reports. If you can't keep the pace with just three developers, admit it and get more people to help you.

I know for a fact that the LFS users like Lynce have done more work for LFS over the past few years that I've seen than Eric has done. And don't even try to debate that fact because it's just true. I'd love to see Eric create half the crap that Lynce manages to do with this dying game.

Rant over....but the feelings remain.
Take your time Scavier, thanks for the update.
@shashdev, couldn't have said it better. This is just for the fanboys.
Thanks Scawen for the status update!
It sounds great to hear you're coming along good with this huge effort. If the testing goes well I know this great community has a lot to look forward to in 2012. Charge your batteries and let us know how things are going towards spring. Keep it up and happy holidays!
That was an awesome report, really. I had to laugh

Got something to read here for the upcoming weeks. 5643 pages of complaining again.. *warming up hands*
Everybody complains for lack of progress reports and when they finally make one, you complain some more. I can see why they don't like announcing their work.
That 2011 progress report looks to me exactly like the 2010 progress report.
I am not amused. :geezer:
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Everybody complains for lack of progress reports and when they finally make one, you complain some more. I can see why they don't like announcing their work.

We're happy for the progress report, but it feels like i've read it before. (And in fact, I did)
I also feel like an idiot after reading this "progress report" which is identical copy of the one or two years past. And that 3d max tyre makes it even more insulting.
I think Scawen had setup a forum bot that posts this "progress reports" each december automaticaly. Prolly it's cos he is way too busy coding that new tyre model to post something meaningful himself.
yet le half of the le community doesn't give a DAYUM about le updates. le lfs is still and yet fun to le play..
Quote from wolfshark :That 2011 progress report looks to me exactly like the 2010 progress report.
I am not amused. :geezer:

Unamused wolfshark is unamused.

Naw i'm just kidding you
Even though I'm as pleased as you guys will probably not give a **** about this post, i expected just a tad bit more information. I would especially love to know what we could expect from S3, such as track types and what cars we should expect...

Of course, this would be stupid on a publicity and a salesmans eyes, why you ask? Well here is your answer: When you make a statement like Scawen just did, "more cars and tracks to be released in S3" he doesnt say 10 cars and tracks, nor does he say none, so either way we can only expect minimum from the devs, and only that is fair.

As much as you love to say Eric is a lasy son of a goat, as much do i respect the man fo his work, getting ideas, making sketches is a very hard job, let alone the finished product.

I expect the least, but i can't wait for the releases, whatever it might be we're going to be surprised, i guarantee that.

Just a little pep talk to keep us focused on what we actually are here for and why we are the best sim-society out there.

All the best and good new years to all of you.

Dennis Lind
(member of LFS since 2002)
Quote from VOLK :And that 3d max tyre makes it even more insulting.

It actually is not the same model, if you dare to take a closer look.
Quote from cargame.nl :It actually is not the same model, if you dare to take a closer look.

It looks more like a racing tyre, whereas the previous one was a road tyre IMO.
Hmm it not that much about the looks but the amount of rectangles and other tiny area's created for calculation. The side walls are much more defined for example.
Developer Said:As usual for an upgrade, the cost of your existing license will be deducted from the full price.

What does that mean?
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG