The online racing simulator
Quote from pajkul :No force-feedback improvements? I think the force feedback effects are DIRECTLY connected with the tyre physics, as everything the driver feels through the steering wheel results from the tyre forces.

That's right and since LFS generates force feedback force directly from the force affecting the steering wheel, I don't see where the room for improvements would be in this respect.

Anyway, thanks a lot of the heads up, but don't you think we deserve a tiny bit more after half a year, videos, pictures, anything...
Quote from nesrulz :Scawen, on a scale of 10% to 100%, the progress is?

He'll probably throw you a NaN exception trying to answear this.
Quote from MadCatX :since LFS generates force feedback force directly from the force affecting the steering wheel, I don't see where the room for improvements would be in this respect.

Well yes but its still feels pretty different from real deal, in real car there is tons of things that you can feel trough the wheel and in lfs it feels pretty castrated compared to the real car.
For example when your car stand still and you spin the wheel you wont feel any resistance which is there in RL , when you going trough the sand you can turn the wheel as easy as on the road or grass (normally you would need a lot of force to turn wheels that are buried deep in the sand, or when you hit the sandtrap at speed you would feel it trough your steering wheel)

Also its been asked few times for ability to configure FFB (adjust effects from various factors) and it would be pretty useful, especially when you hit something, when ever this happens there is such a hard jog on the wheel that every time I am afraid I will hear the cogs shatter.
And no "then dont hit anything" wont do.
#79 - Byku
Ohoho! So we will have new cars, yay!!! Maby finally a proper V6?? It wasnt quite a "large" progress report, but at least we know you didnt die in the kitchen or something...
Is this any different than last years?
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Why does Scawen speak in the third person?

I'd imagine it's his wife Geraldine doing the report.
stop whining/bitching, wait next year if something happens and if not..you can start bitching again.
Thanks for the report,
Can't wait for the release
Quote from Impreza09 : but at least we know you didnt die in the kitchen or something...

You know, that was one of my greatest fears this year.
There's nothing we can do but wait.... more.
it isnt
Thanks for the report ScaViEr!

Looking forward

(PS: VWS avatars can be deleted soon )
Quote from Speed Senna :(PS: VWS avatars can be deleted soon )

We were happy that the VWS was coming in "early 2009" so I wouldn't count on it
#89 - VOLK
WOW thats awesome!! Thank you so much for this progress report Scawen! That tyre looks so cool man, very impressive. Although i have already seen it years ago it's still looks awesome. Good work copy/pasting in from last years.
Thanks for the report, and at same time some feedback to it:

1: The progress report in 2010 and 2011 is... well they are identically (almost). There is some info about the tyre physics aswell as the info about some new stuff. Also, there is one picture, who is releated to the update. However, the whole post, picture and everything smells sooo.. 2010... it feels like a copy/paste work.

2: As others have stated, there is soooooo much more things to the game than the tyre physics. Sure, the physics are the core of the game, but at same time we must not forget everything else. Cars, tracks, improvements to cars / tracks / graphics / calculations, night/day mode, rain, and so on. I hope that the other developers have focused their time on these aspects too, tyre physics alone can't save this game.

3: Please, plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tease us a little, not just throw a text in our face! Do as the BF1 announchment, give a little sneak peak picture, video, a riddle, a quizzzzzz or anything, give us some hope! Atm. there is no hope, the text mentions NOTHING concrete, it's just very open info. We don't know if it takes years, decades or milleniums to finish. I know you hate working with dates, since they can be delayed, but at least give us some hope on this project.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :We were happy that the VWS was coming in "early 2009" so I wouldn't count on it

Hopefully "the face" does not be found behind the report
what one of the scirocco

also gt version?
Looking forward to the new update release !
S3 could be released 21.12.2012
Why?
21.12.2012 = new awareness and new world order
I think the maya refer to lfs.
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :S3 could be released 21.12.2012
Why?
21.12.2012 = new awareness and new world order
I think the maya refer to lfs.

ur dumb. then well need to wait 1 year.theyro gonna releaseit as fast as possible. -.-
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :ur dumb. then well need to wait 1 year.theyro gonna releaseit as fast as possible. -.-

Lolwhat

Well, for all we know we can talk about several years here, not just months. It's depending, but as stated before I hope they can give some indicators on how far they have come so far, and what's left to do before the physics are acceptable enough to be released.
That post gave me a bit more hope

Also FWD GTR would be cool

Anyways, Happy 2012 for everyone.
Nice News!!! I CANT WAIT in 2012 and S3
Actually 2 years is enough to build a house, a very good and big house. But this one is much more harder than that.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG