The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :No, they read comic books and that way gets to know about tyre physics.

BUT, I think comic's need to be turned off though otherwise how will real racing drivers be able to feel what we can't like hamilton and F2 in the way the tyres heat down up slowly in the track circle. Capisce?
Quote from SennaSS :i fear it will not be right because even the developers dont know whats real are they racers in real life??

Strangely enough physics is physics. They're not trying to emulate behaviour, they're emulating physics.
Ive often said that Sims are not realistic bec they are developed by people who dont race in real life!!!

You would go making a Golfing game or a snooker game or a tennis game without getting somone who is very talented at that specific sport involve diwth its creation!! & that is why Lfs will never be clos eto reality shame

this is why im pointing it out
I know... It's really sad when the whole community is reading comic books too. No one to help. Maybe you should call hamilton to code the tyre physics for scawen, as he can clearly do it better in your words?
You also seem to know hamilton very well, a bed mate of yours?
i fully understand it takes time to develop but how can you develop somthing without first knowing what it is your trying to create!!

You need to know what its like driving on the limit what happends if you go over the limit to be able to creat ethat feeling in the sim..books can only teach you so much
I don't care if the physics are not completely like real life. As long as it's fun to drive, and the car seems to react somewhat close to what it does in real life, that's more than enough for me.

Also, why is it that LFS is the ONLY god damn racing game that have a good crash/rolling/spin physic? I swear, all the other "sims", try to roll over and see the shitstorm unfolds. Either have like LFS, or have some crazy, but FUN roll-over physics like the Flatout games.
Alright, enough playing around. No man, you don't know shit about physics by driving and racing around. Physics is maths and stuff which I don't understand shit about so sorry, I can't get into specifics.
How are you going to calculate physic values by the feeling you have had when raced one car?
so your telling me a developer can create a sim using physics without ever having done what he is trying to create?! & that is why sims are so unreal
The physics of LFS or infact any racing sim are a realistic representation of how vehicles behave in real life, based on calculations and other mathematically sound science and research. You don't make a racing sim by going karting with your mates and then putting arbitrary numbers into some mickey mouse calculation until you come up with something that feels roughly like it did when you went karting.
You can make a realistic sim without ever even been driven a car before if you can make correct calculations. However, you can't make one if you have driven a car but don't know shit about physics. You are asking scawen to be a coder, physics master and a racing driver at the same time.
Are you really so stupid to not understand that we have many, many racing drivers in this community who are helping scawen all the time making improvement suggestions etc?

Quote from JO53PHS :The physics of LFS or infact any racing sim are a realistic representation of how vehicles behave in real life, based on calculations and other mathematically sound science and research. You don't make a racing sim by going karting with your mates and then putting arbitrary numbers into some mickey mouse calculation until you come up with something that feels roughly like it did when you went karting.

This is what i've been trying to tell you.
Yes your finally got it

You GO KARTING...

THEN go home to your computer and try to create it!!!!

thats exactly what doesnt happen and is 100% why LFS is Unrealistic & tyre dynamics and its very frustrating
The last time I heard this rant from James was when he was doing IGTC practice at KY32R in the FXR with a shitty setup that was raping the tyres due to understeer. Obviously his pr0 kart0r experience tells him everything about tyre physics in a 500 bhp AWD GTR car.
Quote from SennaSS :Yes your finally got it

You GO KARTING...

THEN go home to your computer and try to create it!!!!

thats exactly what doesnt happen and is 100% why LFS is Unrealistic & tyre dynamics and its very frustrating

Is this guy for real?
Thats fine if the developers have proffesional racing drivers helping him testing what is being created then thats 100% good news bec any real racing driver would point out the instant problems i see

if its just some 11 year old sim racer testing it out then no thats bad isnt it

so good I will wait for the improvments then
#390 - CSF
Yay, Karting, the obvious answer to any problem.
Why would scawen take suggestions from a kid who learned the driving physics from a game he made himself?
You know that you are annoying the shit out of some of us? If you are a troll, good job because troll is successfull. Go party with hamilton.

Also, I would like to see you create road car physics after raced a kart
Quote from boothy :The last time I heard this rant from James was when he was doing IGTC practice at KY32R in the FXR with a shitty setup that was raping the tyres due to understeer. Obviously his pr0 kart0r experience tells him everything about tyre physics in a 500 bhp AWD GTR car.

yeah and its why i changed cars to somthing easier on tyres & it wasnt set up at all it was the car .

Still Im not ranting just saying you cant create somthing without knowing what its like to do in real life...

& actually Boothy ive driven a nissan gtr so dont think you can get any closer than that my friend its damn fast and NOTHING like what we drive on Lfs :P
Quote from SennaSS :Still Im not ranting just saying you cant create somthing without knowing what its like to do in real life...

Yes you can. How do you think planes fly perfectly fine* on their first ever flight???!!!

* normally :P
I wonder if you ever knew that different cars act different ways. Maybe this was your problem in the first place.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Why would scawen take suggestions from a kid who learned the driving physics from a game he made himself?
You know that you are annoying the shit out of some of us? If you are a troll, good job because troll is successfull. Go party with hamilton.

Also, I would like to see you create road car physics after raced a kart

No no your not understanding... i certainly cant create a game im no developer... BUt you need a developer AND a racing driver to work togther to create it
FXR does 0-60 in under 3 seconds (faster than Nissan GTR). If you did that in real life you wouldn't know what hit you. You cannot compare the feeling of speed you get in real life with that you get on a computer screen. It's also much easier to push a car to the limit in LFS, because there's no sense of fear. I could pretty much guaranteed you weren't driving that GTR at the limit of grip.
Quote from SennaSS :yeah and its why i changed cars to somthing easier on tyres & it wasnt set up at all it was the car .

Still Im not ranting just saying you cant create somthing without knowing what its like to do in real life...

& actually Boothy ive driven a nissan gtr so dont think you can get any closer than that my friend its damn fast and NOTHING like what we drive on Lfs :P

The funny thing is, iRacing are apparently having problems due to a certain professional driver helping their development of the NTM, with his driving style not exactly being the best in terms of helping them with their data and producing realistic tyre physics.
Lets change LFS to what sennaSS wants, could you imagine how good it would be?
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG