The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :
(...)
If you use an unrealistic hotlap setup (real life rarely has anything so extreme, even in hillclimbing) that is meant to work the tyres very hard (they only have to do one lap) then that is the problem.
(...)

and play on mouse... :chairfall

XFG, XFR, XRT, FXO - this road cars - i have a driving license since 2000, I drove many cars similar - game physics in LFS is closest to me for such vehicles, but for rally cars (rallycros) is better in RBR

but even though I like this game, annoy me that the creators kill LFS
chart shows the activity of the DEV's - not how much the version changed the game

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/828/progreszmian.jpg
How is it computed to show how much the patches changed the game?
Very nice to see a post from you devs and very funny at the same time to read the flood of comments immediately gushing from what must be the cemetary of the dead LFS community lol.

Having just recently plunked the 12.something dollars to see what iRacing is about, I'm really looking forward to feeling the result of all the hard work going into the next rev of LFS. FWIW I think you're the ones going in the right direction. Having also just recently done my first semi-serious hour + races in LFS it was a blast feeling the subtle differences as the tires wore down and trying to make them really last (damn flatspots!).

As a programmer/analyst I can sympathise with the difficulty of describing progress. It's nice to read some juicy details but it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, the current LFS is a great way to "get my fix" of feeling a car at speed and it's far more important that the future products will be as polished and enjoyable.

Best of luck with all your efforts in 2012 and thanks again for making and keeping LFS what it is. #1 on my hard drive and also #1 on google heehee. Off to read more of the fun stuff in this thread =o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargame.nl
Look at our money swindling American 'friends' with their Iracing production. It has nothing to do with simracing, just a bunch of crap put together for a lot of money.

Quote from VOLK :I really don't want to get into sim vs sim discussion here.

I wonder why... The laser scanning is nice, it's true! but some may not feel like they are raced closely in such a pristine environment. your blanket statement about what is modern is a bit hard to swallow. some of us want different things from our sim racing experience, and LFS is where it's at.

oh and I just have to poke this in there.. is there something special about laser-scanned tracks that make driving on them feel a bit like playing minesweeper :biggrinfl:smash:

why not just accept LFS has excellent racing already and is getting better
Great!
Quote from SennaSS :Hamilton really is the new senna you have to understand hamilton grew up watching every single thing senna created.

vettel is not as great at all not a senna or a hamilton... vettel has webber for a team mate and he is utter rubbish behind the wheel TRUST me because IVE raced against him!!!! have the print out infront of me infact dont forget that vettel was beaten by di resta in f3!!

my f1 talent list:
Hamilton
Di resta
vettel
button
hulken
grojean

Yes Hamilton is good, but what has this got to do with LFS's development?
Quote from Flame CZE :How is it computed to show how much the patches changed the game?

activity DEVs' = f (releas date)

This is to show how the approach has changed, but this hapend when at this stage you wants to continue pulling in two people...

more about my theory (do not want duplicate posts):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77311
Quote from Flame CZE :How is it computed to show how much the patches changed the game?

He has n't, he has just given each version/release 1 point weightage on the Y axis..
SennaSS I just sincerely ask you to leave this topic. Nobody wants you and your favourite driver chart here. And again, who cares?
Quote from rageshgr :He has n't, he has just given each version/release 1 point weightage on the Y axis..

Oh, I see, I failed
Thanks for the update, best of luck with the continuing development.
I haven't had time to learn all tracks yet so for me, it doesn't really matter if it's going to take 1 year more, but after that, my mood is goin' propably down down down...

But I love the game how it is currently, and will propably love it even more when you get some new content out!

Now to figure out what should I build to keep my pedals still so I could start my rehab from mouse and start learning the wheel...
Just read the Annoucement back from 2009 ... *signed*

Many community members have been wondering what happened to the release of the new VW Scirocco and why there was no news about it.
Here are the reasons why :

While we were working on the Scirocco in December, we found that we could not make the LFS model handle as well as the real car. One of the reasons for this was that the LFS tyres had too much grip and this was causing the inside wheels to lose too much load while cornering. But simply reducing the grip would not have been a good approach... the result would have been just the same old LFS but at lower speeds.
Quote from rageshgr :He has n't, he has just given each version/release 1 point weightage on the Y axis..

In that case, his tendency line shows the new patches having negative points, and increasingly so.
What are we flaming or talking about at the moment? I can't seem to find a thread through all this
lol, but I have a feeling the curve is not the accurate best fit curve for that given graph
Quote from RasmusL :In that case, his tendency line shows the new patches having negative points, and increasingly so.

Quote from rageshgr :lol, but I have a feeling the curve is not the accurate best fit curve for that given graph

trend is chosen appropriately, but to illustrate the problem well, I added prediction of 100 results to the front
Quote from acp___(pl) :trend is chosen appropriately, but to illustrate the problem well, I added prediction of 100 results to the front

He he, ya which means devs have to remove existing features in the next patches for ur trend to come true, so -ve as Rasmusl said lol
No new years beta-test patch
Hi there!

Ok - for everybody who might have thought, the very new year 2012 would bring some beta testing of the tyre-phisics was wrong - so was I.

I think we have to look at the idea seasonwise again, if not by the years...

Dandy
As much as I hate waiting I get the sense that the new tyre physics will be absolutely mindblowing stuff. Hopefully it will propel LFS to an unrivaled level of realism.
Great news guys :bluegrab:
The dacia sandero?
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG