The online racing simulator
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :

At least get more creative about your complaining! How about a song, or a fancy image macro? Perhaps a video showcasing how you've perfected every combo?

What about the fanboys being more creative? Your 'do not express constructive criticism, you may could step on the Dev's toes!'-mantra isn't very entertaining either. How about a nice Scavier tatoo up the butt or something
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the 2012 december progress report.

Too bad the tires in the pictures looked more round in the 2010 progress report .
2012 is the target year for LFS S2.

We continue to believe in the simulator!

Developers, we are more than three years waiting for changes in the simulator and they have not happened yet, I believe the announcement of the VW Scirocco and the track Rockingham should already be added to S2 without further delay.

Several pilots are running out of motivation to run in LFS because of the time with no updates and this is not done quickly will lose every LFS did more pilots who want to run on most current simulators.
Thank you all and I still believe in the work of developers.

PS: Thanks to Victor and Cargame for the great help on our servers.

www.gridlfs.com.br

When I started the thread about the socalled "christmass surprise" I felt like a really rebellios "bad guy", but when I read You peoples answers I only see bidderness... WOW!
Quote from Mauro Avelino :...the track Rockingham should already be added to S2 without further delay.

Rockingham will be added for S3, won't it ?

edit : yep
Quote from LFS Website :One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license.

then the coming of the S3, as fast as possible.

Quote from Chupacabras84 :No one is being angry about physics udpate being delayed, most people are upset about tracks, cars, cockpits that are being delayed.

Agreed. I couldn't care less if the new tire physics are EVER done, because I'm pretty satisfied with the tire physics we've currently got. They're not perfect, but they're better than rFactor, nKpro, etc. What peeves me is that we've had virtually no OTHER updates in three years. No new dashes for the cars, no new textures, no new cars, no new tracks, basically nothing for years. I would much rather have seen some new content, ambient air and track temperature changes, better graphics and animations, etc. than two years of "Scawen is working on the tire model. Please hold". I also find it pretty comedic that the current tire physics are good enough for a Formula 1 car, but supposedly not good enough for an econobox grocery getter.

It's great that Scawen is trying to make the most realistic handling simulator on the market, but at what cost? In virtually every other area LFS is falling behind the competition.

I'd gladly trade the upcoming tire physics for a stadium truck and track... or dynamic shadows... or temperature fluctuation... or a rally car and rally stage track... or a hill climb track... or about a million other things that would have much more impact on my enjoyment of the game.
Im sure S3 will be released very soon...

irony?... yes...
Its nice to get an update. I had just assumed Scawen had rejoined society, cut his hair and got a job.
Funny...Last night I was reading an issue of AutoSimSport from July 2005 (all back issues available here http://www.autosimsport.net/backissues.php) Great reading!

It had a review of S2... So little has changed since then really but the sims still here so...
Thanks for the update! Looks good so far
A tyre wire-frame? ohh you shouldn't have.

Quote from cargame.nl :Nah..

Look at Rfactor2 .. Full year of teasers, video, photo... Announcements this and that.

Nothing.

So, nah... Only making the kids even more complaining.

Right, so posting screenshots and videos etc is a bad thing to keep community excited? You are so much up to scawen's ass I can't believe it. I hope rF2 makes a better game. I feel bad for you fanboys when it happens
Is it so dark in scawen's ass that you can't see the patch is 3years late.

Scawen, waiting for another ban as this is a strict communist forum.
Please don't talk about communism, or we'll get Racer Y (or what's his name) conspiracy theories all over this place
I've very much enjoyed the approach from rF2. It has made me really excited about it, and Its been all over the place. I'll deffo buy it as soon as its possible. And then we'll find out if S3 ever comes out, and if it does, if its worth the money.

EDIT: But yeah, as a customer... the approach from rF2 has made a good impact on me. Like... I only got positive feelings for it :-)
This discussion looks fun, but a racing is better...
S3 or death
"The good news is, thank you, but if there is no update LFS S3 in 2012, the tendency of this simulator is death, because the iRacing, rFactor, Race07 and other simulators will gain ground every day.

This was the case in the series of GranPrix Micropose, despite the purchase of rights by Sony, the simulator has died."
well as the last update we had about the new tyre model was a year ago...

This is growing tyresome >_>
#247 - kdo
Quote from IsaacPrice :Would atleast be nice to know the difference other than "more lines" from this year(http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=119200&d=1325090673) and last year(http://www.lfs.net/page_images/pics/tyre_sim.jpg) other than a different angle for the tyre to be at

Sorry, like all think of devs do nothing for lfs, but the tyre isnt the same
So before say its the same, look the picture before.
Dont care the devs do nothing. they only 3 guys. dont care its easy to made a game.

You will see, when S3 will be released, you will be very happy, i and hope you will regret what you say.

proof:
Quote from cargame.nl :Nah..

Look at Rfactor2 .. Full year of teasers, video, photo... Announcements this and that.

Nothing.

So, nah... Only making the kids even more complaining.

Rfactor 2 beta client files are out, well the big files are so you can download them now.

Open beta is set to errr open after XMAS/NY holidays
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Right, so posting screenshots and videos etc is a bad thing to keep community excited? You are so much up to scawen's ass I can't believe it. I hope rF2 makes a better game. I feel bad for you fanboys when it happens
Is it so dark in scawen's ass that you can't see the patch is 3years late.

Scawen, waiting for another ban as this is a strict communist forum.

Yeah, but he is only here for 2 years or less, how would he feel?
Like a newbie fanboy, oh wait.. that is what he is.

@kdo, oh shit man... a few more frames and they've been tightened a bit! Man, S3 is going to be so awesome, frames look so good!!!

E: Oh yea, it's a screenshot of a different tyre, duh.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG