The online racing simulator
I'm only typing this sentence so I can type this in all-caps:

RIP LFS
They probably did not show any pictures of the S3 content, because some people might complain why they don't release them etc.
Quote from Flotch :no S3 pre-ordering yet ?

Thank you sirs btw, have a happy 2012 too
always glad to have news, ... even if some more screenshots would be highly apreciated <- XD

Hi, Flotch
Still racing rallycross?

And happy 2012, devs & racers

lol, look at links in my signature, they're not so outdated XD
Quote from Flame CZE :They probably did not show any pictures of the S3 content, because some people might complain why they don't release them etc.

No anticipation, no disenchantment

Nice policy that is This is really becoming a farce. I wonder if there actually IS something worthy to show since the release of the FBMW, except for the leaked Rockingham pics.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!

And please remember that we don't really have another year left to wait for the new content only joking, I don't believe in that "end of the world" crap either.
Quote from matagyula :could we get some more info, screenshots, videos, animated gifs, anything to keep looking at, please ?

+1
Glad we got a update! Thanks devs, keep working hard.
This'll shut me up for a little while.

I hope to see some new pics, and please keep us up-to-date with what you are working on.

AFAIK you guys are doing a great job and I really hope 2012 brings us some new goods.

Quote from Senninha25 :
And please remember that we don't really have another year left to wait for the new content

I think you are right, less the white part.

Happy holidays!
Quote from matagyula :could we get some more info, screenshots, videos, animated gifs, anything to keep looking at, please ?

+1
Quote from MataGyula :Could we get some more info, screenshots, videos, animated gifs, anything to keep looking at, please ?

+1

P.S.

I am getting too old to play LFS by waiting like this.
Quote from mosquito25 :Hi, Flotch
Still racing rallycross?

And happy 2012, devs & racers

lol, look at links in my signature, they're not so outdated XD

Being a young father kept you out of the computer games (edit : I talk for me , not for our devs I guess ), anyway I still have a look at LFS when I got some times ! Can't wait to see at least some screenshots of how is going to be LFS

+∞

pics of tyre wireframe dont count btw.
This is almost an insult, a lack of respect with us the users.

I LOVE LFS and I really want to see it grow! I have been working for over two years maintaining a league that still holds full grid races every week but this "progress report" is very disappointing.

This is yet another nail in the coffin.
#67 - Foqs
patience! early 2009 is still closer and closer.
Quote from vicbel :This is almost an insult, a lack of respect with us the users.

I LOVE LFS and I really want to see it grow! I have been working for over two years maintaining a league that still holds full grid races every week but this "progress report" is very disappointing.

This is yet another nail in the coffin.

Scawen can't say that 'we've been working on content X,Y and Z', because if it's delayed or doesn't ever appear for whatever reason, he ends up with another Scirocco situation.

I'm not being a fanboy, just stating the obvious.
#69 - 65D

+∞
Truth told i cant shake of the idea that its only scawen who have been working on LFS...
While Victor is responsible for website (and long forgotten audio side of LFS) and LFS record I have no idea what Eric is doing.
I mean making car model with textures, interiors, tracks, its just doesnt take years no matter how you look at it.
And while i keep hearing he is working on something it is obviously something I cant see...

So I wonder what will happen when the only thing this patch introduces will be new tyre physics.
I mean there obviously will be interiors, scirocco, tyre physics and thats all
No improved suspension physics (or anything else that contributes to car behaviour because obviously its not only tyres), no work on flexible car body, no improvement in damage model, no weather or day and night, obviously no new tracks for S2 users or maybe one track and one car with most optimistic prognoses, no improvement in FFB or anything of what been suggested over the years, just the tyre physics, scirocco and interiors.
I wonder will this patch be worth the time spend on it (Obviously tyre physics is great but what about the rest).
Oh btw cool pic but i think i seen it already somewhere, maybe from the different angle.
i think iracing got s3 and their holding it as a hostage and when lfs gots milion dollars they buy it back... or does nkpro got s3 OR CHINESE GOVERNMENT :O
No force-feedback improvements? I think the force feedback effects are DIRECTLY connected with the tyre physics, as everything the driver feels through the steering wheel results from the tyre forces.
The 'progress' report was a little disappointing. I had to check twice that I wasn't reading a report a year ago and at the same time wondering if Scawen's account had been hacked and the report was a copy & paste.

I'm beginning to feel these 'duped' moments, i.e. is the 'progress' report just the minimum effort to get a few more licences without any real work done behind the scenes. Hope not.
Yay Thanks for the report Scawen. =) Appreciate all the hard work, and have a good new year!
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Why does Scawen speak in the third person?

It's signed "LFS Developers" as in the statement is from all of them not an individual. That's why it's written like that.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2011
(550 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG