The online racing simulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDkTfpOZvo

Hard to tell but the transition from turn 2 to the backstretch looks more gradual from this angle, I remember the old Phoenix liked to send you right at the outside wall.
im telling you watch the 48......

6 time
He's definitly comming on strong, but, Jeff, Brad and Carl all have a really good shot looking at their performances recently. Charlotte should be fun Saturday night
Kevin could sneak some finishes in. He certainly did at Kansas.
Oh yellow flags... how much more can you screw up a race during a period of green flag pit stops? Both times they were needed yellows, but... sigh.... poor timing.
I'm loving those yellows, not loving Ragan for that move however..

Edit: OHHHHHHHHHH Jimmie!
It's going to be tough for JJ to dig himself out of that hole he just dug himself.. Thank god for the SAFER barriers. That wall fully gave into Jimmy's car when he struck the wall.

Edit: Kenseth definitly made a statement tonight eh? Tough luck for Biffle.. Stewart didn't give him much room really, and I don't care what that announcers say, he didn't eave him enough room on exit of 4 there.
Somewhat happy to see JJ in this position. I don't hate the guy, in fact I rather like him. I'm just ready for someone else to win one.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Somewhat happy to see JJ in this position. I don't hate the guy, in fact I rather like him. I'm just ready for someone else to win one.

That's you, me, and about 8 Million other viewers's opinions as well I beleive.
Shrub is out of it. When will he learn that racing very weekend doesn't make you a better racer?

YES!
Quote from BreadC :im telling you watch the 48......

6 time

your misinformed look at the points
gonna be a roush battle
Anybody else a little nervous about 'Dega this weekend? The plates are larger than before, and these guys know what they are doing now. (same size as when Edwards took down the fence I beleive)

Also, note that the use of lubrication on front and rear bumpers has been banned by NASCAR. Shouldn't be too much of a factor in reality, but it might come up more thna a few times over the weekend.
Quote from Cornys :Also, note that the use of lubrication on front and rear bumpers has been banned by NASCAR. Shouldn't be too much of a factor in reality.

Isn't a factor in normal sex, so the NASCAR sex called two car tangos will still happen in the end.
Also the Nationwide 2012 schedule has been announced. Still 3 road courses (RA, WG, Mont), going to Indy, and 2 dates at Kentucky.

Quote :Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the 2012 Nationwide Series season features 33 race dates, including the series' first visit to Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of a companion weekend with the Sprint Cup Series and Grand-Am Road Racing. The inaugural Brickyard event will take place on July 28.

Montreal's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve -- a fan favorite that has evolved into a "crown jewel" for the series -- returns for a fifth consecutive season, on Aug. 18. The 14-turn layout is one of three road-course events on the calendar, joining Road America (June 23) and Watkins Glen International (Aug. 11).

Additional 2012 schedule highlights:

-- Daytona International Speedway again opens the season, on Feb. 25, a week later than past years.

-- Iowa Speedway hosts the series' first standalone event on May 20, with a second date on Aug. 4.

-- Homestead-Miami Speedway will once again host the season finale, on Nov. 17.

-- For the first time, Kentucky Speedway will have two Nationwide race dates, on June 29 and Sept. 22.

-- Chicagoland Speedway also returns with two dates, one a standalone affair on July 22.

-- Daytona's summer event and Kentucky's race will swap weekends in 2012, as the July 4th holiday falls mid-week next year. Daytona will run on July 6.

-- In conjunction with the Sprint Cup Series' schedule shift, Kansas Speedway's date moves to Oct. 20 to accommodate the track's repave, scheduled for April 2012.

See full schedule here.

2012 Cup schedule.

Truck schedule still in the works.
I want to see the truck schedule, I read they might be coming back to the Glen.
Yeah that is what I was hoping to see, but found out that schedule has not been announced.

Time will tell.
NASCAR's plans to Honor Dan Wheldon

I'm hoping that this week's racing will be on the safe side. I know nobody's got hurt (knock on wood) at 'Dega in a car for a while, but, I will say that it probably is the most dangerous of the tracks that NASCAR goes to.

My prayers are aimed more towards the fans in attendance then the drivers this week, but I still don't think we should take anything for granted. Especially after last week. Remember that they've opened the plates up a little bit this weekend.
We should find out later this afternoon how much of an effect the two car tango will effect us this weekend. My money is on the use of it quite frequently to get a break away from the pack, but I think we'll see a little bit of pack racing due to the fact that they will need to switch pushers quite frequently. We'll find out soon enough

Also, quick note: NASCAR tested a shorter spoiler yesterday in the Electronic Fuel Injection test and the drivers seemed to like it. We'll have to see going forward what, if anything, become of this.
From what I could see in practice, 2 car tango is 5 seconds faster than Q times. They'll still be using them, switching probably every 3 laps.
Quote from PMD9409 :From what I could see in practice, 2 car tango is 5 seconds faster than Q times. They'll still be using them, switching probably every 3 laps.

Yup, same thing. I'm thinking they'll push it to around 5 or 6 laps though Sunday. I like that they'll have to switch more often though
I didn't really see a ton of switching yesterday, the 2-car pack racing is getting more boring and boring. End of the race sucked, Paul Menard totally blew it for Stewart and let Burton and Bowyer get away for the win. Points are still pretty close, especially if Edwards slips up at all in the last races.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG