The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Dyno results are so easy to forge its unreal. Its hard to get an honest figure these days with power, which I why a lot of people dont care about pub talk (figures), they care about how the car drives on the road.

JakG: That graph does look a bit ropey tbh, the only reason your torque is so high, is because it spikes in power. Probley boost spike tbh. However, diesels are known for being all or nothing cars, and also with a box you cant really complain, as its not a custom map. If you went for a custom map on the other hand, parts of the map could be tweeked to best minimize that spike. Ive learnt a fair bit about remapping, and you can control a heck of a lot with the ecu. Especially on turbo cars.
Quote from XCNuse :we've got the engine dyno here at Mazmart 15 minutes away from me.

you know.. the one that has tuned the 787Bs .. yeah, that one LOL
+1 for being a mazda guy

-1 for 787b
Quote from Jakg - 12th April, 2011 :And on the subject of Fords, heres what a van did to my Mum's Fiesta yesterday...

Bumpers gone, crashbars gone, mounts for crashbar have all moved quite a lot, parcel shelfs popped out (suggesting some deformation up there), boot lids gone, boot no longer opens, wouldn't be suprised if the boot floor is compressed.

Car got repaired (although not very well I hasten to add...)

And today someone decided it looked better how it was and rear-ended her again!

My Mum's not exactly a brilliant driver (much more "reactive" than "pro-active") but you can't really try to blame someone who was stationary on the entrance of a roundabout... (although I know BlueFlame will try).
a fiesta isnt directly pretty anyway
id hate it if it happend to me, since i could give to the scrap yard instantly...
Unlucky there I guess.

Will you still be able to keep it on the road or is it being scrapped?
I bought a cheap daily.
BMW E36 318i Touring.
Sort of M-kit on it. M3 front bumper and mirrors, M-suspension + lowered.
Full black leather interior, heated seats, aircon, decent sound system, full serviced by BMW. Comfy cheap runaround

u call that cheap?
gotta pay at least 6000€ here for such a car...
2750€, passed inspection for sale and Car-pass. It was originally owned in Germany, then in Belgium .
I guess i'm lucky!
Quote from PoVo :Will you still be able to keep it on the road or is it being scrapped?

If possible, insurance repair... failing that I'll probably try to buy it off the insurance company and repair it myself

Looks bad, but I think they'll be able to repair it. Haven't had a proper look yet, though.
Quote from Jakg :Car got repaired (although not very well I hasten to add...)

And today someone decided it looked better how it was and rear-ended her again!

My Mum's not exactly a brilliant driver (much more "reactive" than "pro-active") but you can't really try to blame someone who was stationary on the entrance of a roundabout... (although I know BlueFlame will try).

Jak, I don't know anyone who's been rear ended twice in such a short time, maybe it's something your mother did wrong?

Just sayin...

brake-testerrrrr
Maybe she likes to be rear ended..
im sorry
I bet being hit up the bum made her scream quite loudly.

Quote from BlueFlame :Jak, I don't know anyone who's been rear ended twice in such a short time, maybe it's something your mother did wrong?

Just sayin...

brake-testerrrrr

kekekekkekkeke
Sometimes it's unexpected guys. You never know when you could be rear ended twice.

Quote from BlueFlame :Jak, I don't know anyone who's been rear ended twice in such a short time, maybe it's something your mother did wrong?

Just sayin...

brake-testerrrrr

Happened to me with my old nova back in the day, young girl in a clio failed to brake up as quick as i could when a car in front decided to lock up because a dog ran accross the road, it wasnt a very hard hit and barely scuffed my car, and the damage to hers was very minor, but bless her, she was so upset and apologetic at the scene all i could do when she got out of the car in floods of tears was (after looking at the damage first) tell her not to worry and give her a hug bless her, accidents happen afterall, plus she was about 25 ( iwas 18 at the time) and she was drop dead gorgeous, a total stunner, and single, ended up exchanging numbers and went out a few times, but she was well outta my league to be fair, she lived on a big posh family estate over newmarket way, posh totty you could say, was never gonna work, she was lovely tho.

Then about a month later i was sat at a queue for a roundabout during rush hour, again, after work, and a silver haired man who i believe was at least 150 years old failed to see the queue, or me at the back of it, and just drove his fiat punto straight into my car, i saw him coming in the mirror, and thought, he'll brake in a minute, in a minute, in a minute?, now, now? ffs NOW!? I did attempt to move out of danger, and drove myself up the kerb partially in order to do so, but i left it too late, and boom, he blew me up bigtime, snapped my boot off and jacked the floor upwards (it was a nova saloon that i had) but, his car, shit me, wrecked, bumper, bonnet, wings, it was destroyed, looked like it had been in a solid head on collision, it just folded up on itself, what a mess!

So yeah, it does happen lol.
Quote from danthebangerboy :

So yeah, it does happen lol.

Guess it happens more down in the south then, where people are too interested in buying clothes from shops and playing golf.
Quote from Scrabby :2750€, passed inspection for sale and Car-pass. It was originally owned in Germany, then in Belgium .
I guess i'm lucky!

How many Kilometers on it?
Quote from danthebangerboy :Happened to me with my old nova back in the day, young girl in a clio failed to brake up as quick as i could when a car in front decided to lock up because a dog ran accross the road, it wasnt a very hard hit and barely scuffed my car, and the damage to hers was very minor, but bless her, she was so upset and apologetic at the scene all i could do when she got out of the car in floods of tears was (after looking at the damage first) tell her not to worry and give her a hug bless her, accidents happen afterall, plus she was about 25 ( iwas 18 at the time) and she was drop dead gorgeous, a total stunner, and single, ended up exchanging numbers and went out a few times, but she was well outta my league to be fair, she lived on a big posh family estate over newmarket way, posh totty you could say, was never gonna work, she was lovely tho.

A 175 word sentence?
181.000Km
last owner did about 10k per year. Came with 140k-ish
Had a proper look today....

Mmmm overspray, signs of a quality repair job...

Only Jack would post up 12 pictures in total showing damage for what one would have done.
About time you got your Mum into a real car?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Only Jack would post up 12 pictures in total showing damage for what one would have done.
About time you got your Mum into a real car?

loll +10
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You think he stuffed the figures? My dog could tell he stuffed the figures....

I highly doubt it depends on the engine either. If it's a stock naturally aspirated engine, you will almost never see any worthwhile results from just a remap.

Funny story, but I actually caught out that remapping fellow when he tried to sell his work. First i let him babble on about how he could give my cars more power AND economy, makes them more reliable etc...He then pointed to the Lexus and said "the engines in them are well tunable mate. I could easily get at least 50hp out of that...". "Wow really?" i said. "Just out of curiousity, how would you cover the inevitable damage caused to my gearbox after you have given it over 50hp more to handle? The clutch plates on these transmissions are pretty weak, and aren't really made to handle anymore than the standard 220 or so horsepower." He then laughed in my face and said "Haha. What you talking about? Just fit a racing paddle clutch or something.". This guy really must be a genius if he can fit a paddle clutch to an Auto!!

I then decided give myself another laugh. "I'm planning on getting the cylinder head on the Honda overhauled after christmas to gain a few horses. I will be porting and polishing the head, and fitting some upgraded cams/valves etc. I've discovered that the standard Honda OBD E.C.U system is pretty much untouchable to map changes. Therefore I need to fit independent engine management like Hondata and find someone to make a map for it....". With a blank look on his face, he said "Umm, ok. Well if you get it fitted and wired up, bring it to me. I will turn up the air and fuel mixture. Will have it running lovely.".

At this point I was trying not to roll on the floor in tears of laughter. I politely took one of his business cards (which politely went in the bin) and said I would be in touch. It's a scary thought that that guy has probably done some "remaps" on someones car before and has ****ed it up.

i agree, thought i feel that tuning is not about gains in power or shortening you're 0-60 ( or whatever most dream about ) its more about getting a reliable well rounded machine that performs veyr well for its specs.

Ive had similar lads trying to sell me their parts/data and im not interested, considering an average car i see gets mapped twice at the last by one owner that alone kills the sale in the water but then they go on to say how they have a b16a making 300+ n/a... i ask to see it and get some advice, after an hour or so of " no i can't, but ill lecture you anyways " they politely feck off, leaving me to sit back a well, just text their details to everyone in the trade letting them know theirs another Ed china in town.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG