The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ajp71 : Do you still avoid air travel after the Comets fell out of the sky?

I do actually. Hence why i fly 747 first class baby.

Quote from Klutch :Nothing wrong with a boost gauge...

Its a pretty good idea if you're upping power/boost, as you can spot possible issues like boost leaks/spikes/creeps

that's exactly why. my turbo is a vnt17 which is at upped to around 23psi peak and 18psi hold (hey it's a 118,000 mile old turbo) and an issue which can occur is the vanes get clogged and causes overboost. with this i could see if it happened before it causes damage to the turbo.. also i can see any diverter valve problems, generally keep an eye on the health of my turbo.
i like it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Kj8-wZHNY
and say what you want it's my car at the end of the day.
Morettes Yo!

Flame away!
How my chav cannon sounds(above). First time I've started the car for 5 months. nothing like a bit of cold revving!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XU1N5MTwA

Will finally get it on the road in January for a bit of drifting! (it has a 2-way, decent suspenion, tein tie rods, paddle clutch, etc)
Sounds great, slight bit of flame when you rev'd it. How the hell is that so cheap lol Seems perfectly good and sounds great
lovely corsa b needs more lows though some sort of sideskirts or something
Quote from S14 DRIFT :lovely corsa b needs more lows though some sort of sideskirts or something

Cheers S14D. It's already at a height i'm happy with. The splitter scrapes on most speed bumps. Handling is good at the height as well.

Side skirts will be done in the new year. Proper GSI ones not some after market rubbish

I hope you can see it. If not, please let me know and I'll upload to somewhere else.
Quote from Jakg :"The big three" consists of the alt's ground, and the batteries ground (and also the alt postive)

Alt ground? You mean engine block to ground?

Quote from Jakg :
I've got loads of 4AWG (and even 2x5M 0AWG runs) spare... but I just can't see a point using it.

Well if I had some spare cable I'd give it a go, you don't lose anything but then you'll know wether it really does work or not.
I remember I read something about this a few years ago, It said it does work because with the better grounding it gives a stronger spark to ignite your fuel. But I don't know if it was b/s or not
Quote from Migz :Alt ground? You mean engine block to ground?

Many different names for the same things - some cars have a cable running from the alt's negative to the chassis, some bolt to the engine which is wired to the chassis, some bolt to engine or chassis directly etc.
Quote from Migz :Well if I had some spare cable I'd give it a go, you don't lose anything but then you'll know wether it really does work or not.

You end up with a load of gash looking cables under your bonnet, a wasted afternoon and (probably negligible) bit of extra weight.
Quote from Migz :I remember I read something about this a few years ago, It said it does work because with the better grounding it gives a stronger spark to ignite your fuel. But I don't know if it was b/s or not

I can understand upgrading cabling if you upgrade the load - but I can't see OEM's intentionally using cabling far too small for the standard car - plus the normally quoted "benefits" are about sensors "working better", which I can't really see either...
Quote from mamoru :I hope you can see it. If not, please let me know and I'll upload to somewhere else.

Show some more!
its got a zf trans,that wont last long
Been offered a 2001 BMW 320d SE, has just had all new brakes (discs and pads) brand new set of tyres and a new turbo, for 2 grand that seems like a fairly good deal.

Not the actual car but its identical to this one, same year and colour.

i am very very tempted.
How many hundred thousand miles?

I'd probably do it...
I was set on getting a BMW 320d or a 330d as my next car but the list of problems seems quite long and it's rather offputting...

First of all is the turbo which you say has been replaced but is there proof of this? And not just an invoice..pics, or something.
Also spend 2 minutes googling swirl flap and you can see what i mean.. if i was going to get one I'd get an 04 or newer car, mid 03 and younger seem to be the most problematic.

although what you'd do to it is slightly worrying after seeing your taste in motors (haha just a bit of teasing mate nothing serious) i'm sure for £2k you could do worse.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
although what you'd do to it is slightly worrying after seeing your taste in motors

TBH pretty much the only things i would really want to do to it is lower it by a sensible amount and change the wheels, ideally id like these rims, thats pretty much as far as id want to go tho.

They would be ok. You'd need to put the M sport kit on it too! the e46's look a bit naff without them IMO.
if i had a bm i would properly euro it, air ride, all that stuff. :>
The type 2 e46 non M tech kit does look quite good slammed with colored bbs rs
Having a bit of an issue with the gf's car, seems to be really struggling to start, and when it does start it struggles to idle without dying. It just randomly started doing this yesterday.
Could this be spark plugs? Or i was thinking maybe something to do with the cold weather? As i dont think she has any anti freeze in there?
and what is your girlfriends car, ffs provide information.
probably either the plugs, battery or coilpacks.

it's ok you don't need antifreeze, just piss in the bottle
Ford Fiesta mk5 2003.
I didn't think that the details on what car would be needed. As im pretty sure this happens to lots of cars, and i thought it would be something similar between them, my bad.
I'll check plugs and check for a spark from the leads when she gets back home, and its definitely not battery, it didn't sound like it was struggling to start from that, it was happy to turn over, just wasn't happy to start haha.
Well for example some cars use different methods for example the mk4 golf v5 came in 2 versions, one with a distributer and one with coil packs. so it would different. also try unplugging the maf if it has one (a sensor on the air intake) see what happens comprende amigo.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG