The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I like the packers
And some pictures...

Me... one smashed mirror, and a very scratched cover... Although the cover came of and the mirror came out, it's all clipped back together

Him... no mirror!

Assembly (the expensive bit, £330 from a dealer IF it was still even made!) is fine, luckily. Should be less than £100 to fix, which he is covering...

And a video - http://youtu.be/QpCn5S9qWCg?hd=1
Went around a tight turn earlier and boom, yep, the diff finally took its toll, broke a driveshaft, got home on 1 wheel drive, cut a piece of hefty thick steel tube that fits nicely over the shaft (already bought a bit in case of this happening) and shot over to my mates place with it, im surprised i didnt do a cv joint, but no, it wrenched the shaft pretty much in half, so my mate welded the 2 halfs back together and smoothed it down with a grinder, then slid my 6" long piece of tubing over the join and seam welded that all the way around both sides too, should last me the 2 weeks until payday so i can get a new shaft anyways.

4450 miles a year!
Quote from Jakg :And some pictures...

Me... one smashed mirror, and a very scratched cover... Although the cover came of and the mirror came out, it's all clipped back together

Him... no mirror!

Assembly (the expensive bit, £330 from a dealer IF it was still even made!) is fine, luckily. Should be less than £100 to fix, which he is covering...

And a video - http://youtu.be/QpCn5S9qWCg?hd=1

Again with Jack posting 3 to 4 times the amount of pictures which are actually necessary to accurately portray the damage.
Not my car, but it belongs to a friend, and I really feel for him now. We saw someone try to pull through the spots next to him in a Chevy Silverado (one of the older models with lifted suspension and a 10 mile wheelbase) but they ended up hitting his car with their rear wheel. Only here would that incline them to apply more power, prompting them to literally drive over the front bit of his car. Here's the result

The culprit then fecked themselves again by taking off and turning the accident into hit and run. Luckily, this happened in the school parking lot, so its on camera. Also, the school has documented who drives what cars (for parking purposes) so they already know who the knob is and have informed the police.
Attached images
wreck.jpg
^ what an idiot.

that kid's dad is going to be BEYOND furious. I hope that kid knows the best that can happen to him is that he may get lucky and not go to jail.
Some of the latest shots of my car.

Needs moar exhaust and mudflaps
Super clean, I like it.
If that's a pressed plate I will slap you. Other than that, noice!
Quote from Bawbag :Super clean, I like it.

Thanks Bawbag.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :If that's a pressed plate I will slap you. Other than that, noice!

What's wrong with the pressed plate? It's all legal etc.. But thanks.
Not german!

Also if it's not already then red top it and get wots and wots of powah.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Not german!

Also if it's not already then red top it and get wots and wots of powah.

I wasn't aware that pressed plates were only for German cars... Opel/Vauxhall

Yeah I wish it had a c20xe in it... Maybe at a later date. More than likely I will give it a 1.6.
http://i44.tinypic.com/i44i9u.jpg

It's cleaner now but I can't be bothered getting more pics...

Boost leak found, needing to get it botched up, stupid wire clampings aint worth a swift kick in the balls!
Quote from adamlfs :

What's wrong with the pressed plate? It's all legal etc.. But thanks.

No it isn't.
Quote from BlueFlame :No it isn't.

Oh I CBA with this.. you did the same when S14 D put pressed plates on his car.

All I'm bothered with is if the ANPR can read it.. that way I don't get stopped, there for i'm not doing anything illegal in my eyes.
Besides i'm changing them anyway for normal plates and just using these for shows etc.. ****ing internet police..
Quote from adamlfs :Oh I CBA with this.. you did the same when S14 D put pressed plates on his car.

All I'm bothered with is if the ANPR can read it.. that way I don't get stopped, there for i'm not doing anything illegal in my eyes.
Besides i'm changing them anyway for normal plates and just using these for shows etc.. ****ing internet police..

Well they ain't legal, ANPR probably will read them, but Police take a dim view on plates with embossed edges etc because they seem to think it can be a technique used to avoid speed cameras or ANPR detection. It's not AS bad as having a silly alternate font, but what's the point with an pressed plate anyway?

The popular pressed plate is the German one, but you car isn't registered on UK plates which don't use pressed plates so it's kinda like putting an extra stripe on 2 stripe trainers.

Crazed rant against GM - There's no point trying to pretend your Vaxhoov is Opel either, it don't make it any better. The interior on the that model Corsa is so dire, it could only be made better with my own brains scattered around the instrument cave. Oh, btw are you the stereotypical Vauxhall fanboy that thinks a red-painted rocker-cover cleverly dubbed as a 'red top' that boasts no performance advantage than any other GM engine other than it has a red-painted external component. GM fans are so easily pleased.

Latvian guys had so many jokes about Opels it started to become sad more than funny after a while.

Opelsport? Driver wearing Nike shoes.
What sheds it's skin more times than a soriasis ridden gent? Opel.
What does more milage than an Opel per year? My wheelie bin.

Adam Opel started off manufacturing sewing machines for christsake
It's readable by ANPR (so not likely to get pulled over all the time), but it's still not reflective so not legal (if it's a metal pressed plate).

You can have 3D plates though (I think... mine are "normal" UK plates, but the text is also raised).
Quote from Jakg :It's readable by ANPR (so not likely to get pulled over all the time), but it's still not reflective so not legal (if it's a metal pressed plate).

You can have 3D plates though (I think... mine are "normal" UK plates, but the text is also raised).

There's a difference in reflective and shiney though, some metal plates shine light into the camera and thus can't be read. (supposedly)
Not something I've ever seen - all the ones round here (pressed plates maker down the road) are all MAT.
Quote from BlueFlame :Blueflame's Flaming Rant of bullsh*t

LMAO, so much rant over a piece of metal. How do you know I have a red rocker cover!? :clapclap:

Reading that post made me lol so much.

Quote from Jakg :It's readable by ANPR (so not likely to get pulled over all the time), but it's still not reflective so not legal (if it's a metal pressed plate).

These do come with a reflective coating, the guy I bought them off said they are 100% road legal and MOT compliant.

Like I said i'm only having these on for show...
Quote from BlueFlame :Latvian guys had so many jokes about Opels it started to become sad more than funny after a while.
Opelsport? Driver wearing Nike shoes.
What sheds it's skin more times than a soriasis ridden gent? Opel.
What does more milage than an Opel per year? My wheelie bin.

hahahah
sry for bad translations :S

Why every opel needs to have a heated rear window?
- To get your hands warm, when you push it, in winter

Old latvian folk-belief - in summer nights you can hear how opel is rusting

How you can sell your opel for double price?
- Fill the fuel tank

How you can make a good looking opel?
- Just park it between two Lada's

Opel, aids, syphilis - which one of those doesn't belong in this list?
- Syphilis, because you can get rid of it

Why do someone invented opel?
- Because there needs to be a car which is worse than ford
haha that's great!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG